Old  December 21st, 2017, 9:45am     #61
Brittles
Master Sweeper

Well it's been almost a month since I got locked out. I've made sure to tweet at least 2 non sweeps related tweets per day and after the last lockout I tweeted out a message that said "I am a human not a robot, Twitter please stop locking me out". Don't know if that did the trick, but I figured it couldn't hurt.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.
  Old  December 21st, 2017, 11:59am     #62
jalapenomama
Senior Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brittles View Post
Well it's been almost a month since I got locked out. I've made sure to tweet at least 2 non sweeps related tweets per day and after the last lockout I tweeted out a message that said "I am a human not a robot, Twitter please stop locking me out". Don't know if that did the trick, but I figured it couldn't hurt.
Wonderful - pretty good here too.
Are you also avoiding the sites that have been causing the lock ups?

Jalapeno Mama Good luckies
  Old  December 21st, 2017, 12:10pm     #63
Brittles
Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalapenomama View Post
Wonderful - pretty good here too.
Are you also avoiding the sites that have been causing the lock ups?
I'm avoiding Giveawayguy, but I never could determine any other sites that caused the lockout. Didn't seem to be any pattern to it.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.
  Old  December 21st, 2017, 12:59pm     #64
jalapenomama
Senior Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brittles View Post
I'm avoiding Giveawayguy, but I never could determine any other sites that caused the lockout. Didn't seem to be any pattern to it.

Where I have been locked out -
Giveeaway Guy
Mythical Books
Millsy Loves Books

Two I have heard from others - Mommy Katie & The Mommy Island.

Old  December 21st, 2017, 1:10pm     #65
bomar97
Grand Master Sweeper

I'm basically only doing tweets from Amazon sweeps ( I did stop totally but did a few recently ) .. the daily mattress giveaway - I don't know the platform, but you hit the +1 for retweet and follow .. I usually leave time between the two.. and Vizio retweets which are done daily and directly from their tweets so I don't see an issue there.

Hubby got locked out and the only thing he did differently lately was the Amazon.. I think one or two tweets ... I'm pretty sure that is one of the issues for us and we have basically stopped all Amazon tweet and follow giveaways through Amazon.

I keep going in and cleaning out those who have permission... half the time I have no clue where they were picked up from ..

and yes.. we just did our password changes but I don't think it has anything to do with someone getting into the account.

Earn cash back while shopping with ebates - my referral https://www.ebates.com/r/BOMER92
  Old  December 21st, 2017, 2:07pm     #66
Riverlily2013
Junior Sweeper

I had to go through that too and it is very annoying :/ but only took a second to get back in
  Old  December 21st, 2017, 2:12pm     #67
Susan
Senior Master Sweeper

I'm quitting Twitter unless it's a mandatory entry. I've averaged a mere 16 tweets a day over the last 9 years, so I doubt Twitter will miss me.

Last edited by Susan; December 22nd, 2017 at 12:53am.
  Old  December 21st, 2017, 10:54pm     #68
hare2Win
Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomar97 View Post
I'm basically only doing tweets from Amazon sweeps ( I did stop totally but did a few recently ) .. the daily mattress giveaway - I don't know the platform, but you hit the +1 for retweet and follow .. I usually leave time between the two.. and Vizio retweets which are done daily and directly from their tweets so I don't see an issue there.

Hubby got locked out and the only thing he did differently lately was the Amazon.. I think one or two tweets ... I'm pretty sure that is one of the issues for us and we have basically stopped all Amazon tweet and follow giveaways through Amazon.

I keep going in and cleaning out those who have permission... half the time I have no clue where they were picked up from ..

and yes.. we just did our password changes but I don't think it has anything to do with someone getting into the account.
Sounds like it might be the Amazon sweeps then. I don't do those either.
It's hard to know if it's just one particular thing or a certain combination of things that sets off Twitter algorithm alarms.

“Luck is believing you're lucky.” - Tennessee Williams
  Old  December 23rd, 2017, 11:34am     #69
Sirius_Moonlight
Master Sweeper

I was going good, but now I got locked. My last tweet was from The Mommy Island, Brentwood Home . So, does it work that fast, or is there a delay. I wish Twitter was more forthcoming about these things.

EDIT: So, now I'm analyzing this last tweet and I think I see what triggered it. I highlighted and bolded what I think was the offending hashtag. Here it is:

On the Sixth day of #12DaysofGiveaways the Mommy Island gave to me..the chance to #win a @BrentwoodHomeLA Prize Package! #ad

Why would anyone put hashtag ad is beyond me. But I didn't check the tweet first, mostly because I haven't been locked out in a few months.

Twitter says they don't like misuse of hashtags. I get that, but I wish they'd give a list of what misuse actually is.

Last edited by Sirius_Moonlight; December 23rd, 2017 at 11:41am. Reason: edit

The Lemon Daisy on Etsy
  Old  December 23rd, 2017, 12:28pm     #70
bomar97
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius_Moonlight View Post
I was going good, but now I got locked. My last tweet was from The Mommy Island, Brentwood Home . So, does it work that fast, or is there a delay. I wish Twitter was more forthcoming about these things.

EDIT: So, now I'm analyzing this last tweet and I think I see what triggered it. I highlighted and bolded what I think was the offending hashtag. Here it is:

On the Sixth day of #12DaysofGiveaways the Mommy Island gave to me..the chance to #win a @BrentwoodHomeLA Prize Package! #ad

Why would anyone put hashtag ad is beyond me. But I didn't check the tweet first, mostly because I haven't been locked out in a few months.

Twitter says they don't like misuse of hashtags. I get that, but I wish they'd give a list of what misuse actually is.

Some sweeps you don't see what you are tweeting.. you click and it cycles and gives you the entry.. I still think my issues have come from Amazon. It shows you what you'll be tweeting, but again, it's a click and they do the tweet.

Earn cash back while shopping with ebates - my referral https://www.ebates.com/r/BOMER92
  Old  December 23rd, 2017, 12:32pm     #71
Sirius_Moonlight
Master Sweeper

Bomar,

If it's gleam then you put your mouse on the left side of the line where the tweet is located. If you hover there it will show you the entire tweet before you go to the right side of the line and click tweet.

I'm being more cautious now with tweets. I'm sure in another couple of months I'll be back to my reckless ways. Still don't know why they include dumb hashtags.

The Lemon Daisy on Etsy
  Old  December 23rd, 2017, 4:06pm     #72
jalapenomama
Senior Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius_Moonlight View Post
Bomar,

If it's gleam then you put your mouse on the left side of the line where the tweet is located. If you hover there it will show you the entire tweet before you go to the right side of the line and click tweet.

I'm being more cautious now with tweets. I'm sure in another couple of months I'll be back to my reckless ways. Still don't know why they include dumb hashtags.
Thanks for that tip.

Old  December 23rd, 2017, 4:07pm     #73
jalapenomama
Senior Sweeper

[quote=Sirius_Moonlight;11507230]I was going good, but now I got locked. My last tweet was from The Mommy Island, Brentwood Home . So, does it work that fast, or is there a delay. I wish Twitter was more forthcoming about these things.

I have seen someone else post that they were locked after a Mommy Island tweet.
Yes I think it is that fast.

Old  December 23rd, 2017, 4:29pm     #74
rosswilli
Master Sweeper

also getting locked out
after entering sweeps, not even spammy one!
  Old  December 23rd, 2017, 5:33pm     #75
jalapenomama
Senior Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosswilli View Post
after entering sweeps, not even spammy one!
I am so sorry you have to deal with this also,
I have only one thing left to say about this - why are we targeted when others are not?