Old  June 3rd, 2007, 5:40pm     #1
gacarol
Senior Master Sweeper

Meeting Spot for Convention Ride Share
Does anyone know the Detroit Airport McNamara and Smith Terminals well enough to suggest a meeting place where OLS'ers could meet to share ride to the hotel? Is the baggage claim area the same place for all airlines in each terminal? Is there an information stand or similiar spot in the area where we could wait and meet up with other sweepers wanting to share a cab?

Thanks much.
Carol

Winners never quit and quitters never win!
  Old  June 3rd, 2007, 6:48pm     #2
Jennday69
Sweeper

In the Smith Terminal, there's only one baggage claim and all the airlines have their stuff on there. If you want to hold up a sign or something at the end of baggage claim, before you go out the door, that might be a good idea.

As for McNamara Terminal, they've got like 6 or 8 different carosels. There is an escalator that everyone has to go down to get to baggage claim. There are sliding glass doors at the bottom of the escalator so that might be the best place to wait.

See ya' in a few days!

Jennifer A Day
  Old  June 3rd, 2007, 7:27pm     #3
uclafan
Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by gacarol
Does anyone know the Detroit Airport McNamara and Smith Terminals well enough to suggest a meeting place where OLS'ers could meet to share ride to the hotel? Is the baggage claim area the same place for all airlines in each terminal? Is there an information stand or similiar spot in the area where we could wait and meet up with other sweepers wanting to share a cab?

Thanks much.
Carol

Carol,
Drop me a line as I'm looking for cab partners to hook up with on June 7 between 5:30 am and 10:30 'ish. Will be arriving McNammara via Northwest at 5:19 am and definitely willing to wait.

See ya,
Lori G.
  Old  June 4th, 2007, 8:17pm     #4
coljim
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennday69
In the Smith Terminal, there's only one baggage claim and all the airlines have their stuff on there. If you want to hold up a sign or something at the end of baggage claim, before you go out the door, that might be a good idea.

As for McNamara Terminal, they've got like 6 or 8 different carosels. There is an escalator that everyone has to go down to get to baggage claim. There are sliding glass doors at the bottom of the escalator so that might be the best place to wait.

See ya' in a few days!
I'm planning on doing the sign thing. Just need to make one.

My Wins
  Old  June 4th, 2007, 10:50pm     #5
gacarol
Senior Master Sweeper

Thanks everyone for your input. Really helps a lot. I feel like a little kid waiting for Santa. Can hardly wait for Thurs. to get here.

Wishing everyone a great and safe trip to Detroit!!!

See ya soon.....
Carol

Winners never quit and quitters never win!