Old  June 20th, 2018, 9:28pm     #2176
dopey
Grand Master Sweeper

The sellers of the house agreed to remove and replace knob and tube wiring if found to be active. An electrician examined it, found it to be active, but said it would be safe if used properly. Now they are trying to get out of replacing it. It's almost impossible to insure a house with knob and tube wiring and if you can get someone to do it, it costs an arm and a leg. I'm sorry if my agent is going to be out a sale, but I am not accepting this.

This is our only shot at a house, We're not going through this again, it's to stressful.

https://ibotta.com/r/rztlcw
  Old  July 2nd, 2018, 1:35pm     #2177
LuckyButterfly47
Senior Sweeper

Today is not going well for me. First, my dad woke me up really early because he dropped his glasses on the ground while doing some gardening outside and he couldn't find them. It only took me a second to find them. I figured that since I was up so early, I'd get some sweepstakes entered only to find that the site isn't working. Then I decided to try doing some work for Amazon (they pay me to do small online tasks like surveys, sorting images, etc) only to find that my browser keeps messing up. I uninstalled and reinstalled all of my apps twice and still can't get my browser to pull up the page correctly. I tried on Firefox, Chrome and Explorer and the same thing on all three browsers. I think it's a plugin issue although no one else in the forum is having the same issue - just me. I eventually gave up on that and decided to go for a walk. I log almost 2,000 steps on my FitBit and when I go to sync it to my phone, it resets to 0 and I have no idea why. I can't figure out it. I'm thinking about going back to bed but I have so much to do. I need to tear out the plywood subfloor in my bathroom (doing a DIY reno) and I have some nasty carpet in my dining room that needs to be torn out. I don't know what to do. Today is just not my day.

Luckybutterfly's 2018 Win List
  Old  July 17th, 2018, 6:32pm     #2178
dopey
Grand Master Sweeper

Outbid on a house by someone from Denver. I get it, they can't afford to buy a house where they live, but it sucks that they are buying all of ours. I looked a 700 square foot ranch sells for $240,000 up there, one 200 square ft larger down here sells for $105,000. They offer over asking price and steal them from the locals.

https://ibotta.com/r/rztlcw
  Old  August 2nd, 2018, 2:54pm     #2179
Brittles
Master Sweeper

I am having one of those days. Started when I woke up and found cat puke on the living room carpet. Got to work and there was a problem with the phone not ringing properly. Took several calls to Verizon and nearly 2 hrs to get the issue resolved and since then other issues have cropped up on several other work related things. I'm so ready to go home and have an adult beverage (or two).

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.
  Old  August 16th, 2018, 2:32pm     #2180
LuckyButterfly47
Senior Sweeper

I'm just wondering why companies won't reply to my emails? One company asked me to fill out and email them an affy to receive my prize so I did. It took 2 weeks to get a response back and then they asked for a tax form. I sent that back over a week ago and I still haven't gotten a response. I asked some questions about the prize, since it said that I could choose the prize in the rules, so you think they would at least respond to answer my questions.

Another company asked me to verify my address so I did. It's been a few weeks so I sent them a separate email and asked when I can expect to receive the prize. I sent this email over 3 days ago and still no response.

I hate to be complaining about wins but it gets really old, really quick when companies flat out ignore you for days or weeks at a time.

Edit August 29: Still NO response from either company. I sent them both an email last Monday (over a week ago) asking when I can expect my prize. I put an email tracker on these emails (Unlimited Email Tracker for Chrome) and neither email was even read. I'm so tired of being ignored. This is so frustrating and depressing. I don't even want to enter sweepstakes anymore. I was so excited about both of these prizes ($500 check from Uncap the Jackpot & $300 gift card from MTV) and now it looks like I won't get them. I also won a hat from Valvoline in June and haven't gotten that yet either. I don't really care about the hat but I would still like to get the prizes I win.

Last edited by LuckyButterfly47; August 29th, 2018 at 5:12pm.

Luckybutterfly's 2018 Win List
  Old  August 31st, 2018, 8:07pm     #2181
QBookie
Master Sweeper

Wink
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyButterfly47 View Post
I'm just wondering why companies won't reply to my emails? One company asked me to fill out and email them an affy to receive my prize so I did. It took 2 weeks to get a response back and then they asked for a tax form. I sent that back over a week ago and I still haven't gotten a response. I asked some questions about the prize, since it said that I could choose the prize in the rules, so you think they would at least respond to answer my questions.

Another company asked me to verify my address so I did. It's been a few weeks so I sent them a separate email and asked when I can expect to receive the prize. I sent this email over 3 days ago and still no response.

I hate to be complaining about wins but it gets really old, really quick when companies flat out ignore you for days or weeks at a time.

Edit August 29: Still NO response from either company. I sent them both an email last Monday (over a week ago) asking when I can expect my prize. I put an email tracker on these emails (Unlimited Email Tracker for Chrome) and neither email was even read. I'm so tired of being ignored. This is so frustrating and depressing. I don't even want to enter sweepstakes anymore. I was so excited about both of these prizes ($500 check from Uncap the Jackpot & $300 gift card from MTV) and now it looks like I won't get them. I also won a hat from Valvoline in June and haven't gotten that yet either. I don't really care about the hat but I would still like to get the prizes I win.
Let's be positive. It is messages like yours that make me glad I rarely win anything.

Honey, Ain't Nothin' Ever Gonna Be Like It Was Before.
  Old  October 9th, 2018, 6:21pm     #2182
Brittles
Master Sweeper

Because I just got the first school tax bill that doesn't have the discount that my father used to get when he was alive and it's $10,045! Previous bill was $3200.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.
  Old  October 27th, 2018, 4:55am     #2183
annulla
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyButterfly47 View Post
One company asked me to fill out and email them an affy to receive my prize so I did. It took 2 weeks to get a response back and then they asked for a tax form. I sent that back over a week ago and I still haven't gotten a response. I asked some questions about the prize, since it said that I could choose the prize in the rules, so you think they would at least respond to answer my questions.

Some companies just take a long, long time.

I won something small (a fancy water bottle) way back in March, responded quickly, and as the months passed I figured I'd never see it. It just showed up about a week ago!

Last edited by annulla; October 27th, 2018 at 12:22pm.

Please read my blog -- Blather From Brooklyn