Old  August 4th, 2017, 3:44pm     #1426
Globug_47
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyButterfly47 View Post
It's that time of the month for me so I'm extra emotional but I've already cried 5 times today and it's only 3 PM:

I finally summoned enough courage to make a call to the oral surgeon to make an appointment to get my wisdom teeth removed and they put me on a 2-year waiting list. Yep, that's right, a 2-year wait list. I have to wait 24 months to get my rotting wisdom teeth removed. They don't hurt yet but I'm sure they will by the time I can get them out. They are the only oral surgeon within a 90-mile radius that accepts my insurance and I can't afford to pay for the surgery myself. Let's just say I ugly cried for 30 minutes after hanging up the phone. I've cried 2 more times just thinking about it.

Then I cried because I'm experiencing painful stomach cramps.

Finally, I complained about my wisdom tooth situation on Facebook and not one single person liked or commented on the post. No one ever comments on my Facebook posts and only 2 of my friends (the same 2 every time) ever bother to like my posts. It makes me feel like no cares about me. Especially when I see friends who get 30-40 likes/comments on each of their posts. What's wrong with me? I don't post often but when I do, it would be nice if I could get a comment or two. Such as, "Sorry about your wisdom teeth. Maybe you'll get off the wait list sooner than 2-years." or "If your teeth aren't hurting, then maybe you can wait it out for 2 years." But, nope, not one single "friend" cares about me or my situation. So, yeah, I had a good cry over the fact that everyone hates me, no one cares about me (besides my parents) and that I don't know why I bother to even have a Facebook account. Maybe I should move to the mountains and become a hermit. I bet no one would even miss me. -Oh great, now I'm crying again.

Update: Thought about just deactivating my Facebook account altogether but I'm a member of a few groups on there that are really helpful. Instead, I unfollowed all of my "friends". I decided that if they don't care about my life then I don't care about them. I already feel a lot better. The only thing I see on my Facebook timeline now is posts from the groups I want to belong to which is so awesome. I no longer care if anyone comments on my posts or likes them. I'm going to post what I want to post for myself - which will be photos and memories that I want to be able to access/see in 5/10 years from now - sort of like a digital diary.
I'm so sorry that you're having such a rough go of it right now.

Wisdom teeth can hurt like the dickens, so the sooner you can get them out the better. Maybe you can let your dentist's office know that you're willing to come in if they have a last minute cancellation. I have never heard of a two year waiting list before. Unreal! Now if you find that your wisdom teeth beginning to hurt you in any way, call the dentist immediately. They more than likely deem it an emergency since you'll be in pain. That seems to be the way they are these days. Unless you're in pain, they figure that it's not an emergency and that you can wait till the end of time to be seen.

About Facebook: I'm sorry that it's been a disappointment where your 'friends' are concerned. It took me about a year to figure out that Facebook 'friends' weren't really necessarily real friends. A lot of them were mere people who liked to rack up 'friends' to put on their friends list just to show everyone that they have 'friends'. I have some friends who post a lot and some friends who post just every now and then. But when I'm on Facebook and see that one of my friends have made a post, I at least acknowledge to them that I have seen their post by showing a 'reaction' to it, whether it be a like, love, laughter, sad or what not. I may not always comment because there are some days when my arthritis is worse than others and typing out a comment may be painful for me. But I at least react to their post so that they know that I have seen it and cared enough to react to it. I think that the lack of acknowledgment from your Facebook 'friends' says more about them then it does you. So purging yourself from them was probably a wise thing in the long run. I have a smaller circle of friends these days on Facebook because of the very same issue and am a much happier person these days.

Don't get down on yourself so much. You're a good person and if someone doesn't value your friendship enough, that's their loss, not yours. Hold your head up high and know that you're a much better person because you don't let something like a silly 'friends' count on Facebook define your true worth in life. Just concentrate on your groups and the things that give you enjoyment on Facebook and take all the rest with a grain of salt. Because in the end, that's all you can do with Facebook and other social media.

I will pray that you can manage to get into the dentist much, much sooner than two years too!

Take care and cheer up! You know that you have friends on OLS that care about you!

Old  August 4th, 2017, 4:56pm     #1427
Glam
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
It's that time of the month for me so I'm extra emotional but I've already cried 5 times today and it's only 3 PM:

I finally summoned enough courage to make a call to the oral surgeon to make an appointment to get my wisdom teeth removed and they put me on a 2-year waiting list. Yep, that's right, a 2-year wait list. I have to wait 24 months to get my rotting wisdom teeth removed. They don't hurt yet but I'm sure they will by the time I can get them out. They are the only oral surgeon within a 90-mile radius that accepts my insurance and I can't afford to pay for the surgery myself. Let's just say I ugly cried for 30 minutes after hanging up the phone. I've cried 2 more times just thinking about it....

Is there a dental college near you? Dental colleges sometimes see patients for a fraction of the cost of a "regular" dentist office, and they may have a shorter waiting list.

I know it may be hard to find an alternative to what you've already done, but see what you can do to get your wisdom teeth out sooner than two years. I waited too long, and mine wound up impacting and rotating.

Sending good dental vibes

Keyboard Warriors are Cowards. #TeamTopKnot
  Old  August 4th, 2017, 5:41pm     #1428
deborah62
Grand Master Sweeper

So sorry you are having a hard time people do care, I will be your FB friend

Quote:

I finally summoned enough courage to make a call to the oral surgeon to make an appointment to get my wisdom teeth removed and they put me on a 2-year waiting list. Yep, that's right, a 2-year wait list. I have to wait 24 months to get my rotting wisdom teeth removed. They don't hurt yet but I'm sure they will by the time I can get them out. They are the only oral surgeon within a 90-mile radius that accepts my insurance and I can't afford to pay for the surgery myself. Let's just say I ugly cried for 30 minutes after hanging up the phone. I've cried 2 more times just thinking about it.

Then I cried because I'm experiencing painful stomach cramps.

Finally, I complained about my wisdom tooth situation on Facebook and not one single person liked or commented on the post. No one ever comments on my Facebook posts and only 2 of my friends (the same 2 every time) ever bother to like my posts. It makes me feel like no cares about me. Especially when I see friends who get 30-40 likes/comments on each of their posts. What's wrong with me? I don't post often but when I do, it would be nice if I could get a comment or two. Such as, "Sorry about your wisdom teeth. Maybe you'll get off the wait list sooner than 2-years." or "If your teeth aren't hurting, then maybe you can wait it out for 2 years." But, nope, not one single "friend" cares about me or my situation. So, yeah, I had a good cry over the fact that everyone hates me, no one cares about me (besides my parents) and that I don't know why I bother to even have a Facebook account. Maybe I should move to the mountains and become a hermit. I bet no one would even miss me. -Oh great, now I'm crying again.

Update: Thought about just deactivating my Facebook account altogether but I'm a member of a few groups on there that are really helpful. Instead, I unfollowed all of my "friends". I decided that if they don't care about my life then I don't care about them. I already feel a lot better. The only thing I see on my Facebook timeline now is posts from the groups I want to belong to which is so awesome. I no longer care if anyone comments on my posts or likes them. I'm going to post what I want to post for myself - which will be photos and memories that I want to be able to access/see in 5/10 years from now - sort of like a digital diary.

What if the hokey pokey is what its all about?
  Old  August 14th, 2017, 2:04pm     #1429
Brittles
Master Sweeper

It's very possible that your Facebook friends aren't seeing your posts. I get so much stuff in my newsfeed that I miss most of my friends posts unless I think to go to their page to see what they've posted.

Recently a friend told me that if she had known I had a car for sale she'd have bought it. I told her that I had posted about it twice on FB and she said she never saw it because most of the time she only views the first 10 posts that come up in her feed.

So there are valid reasons why your friends aren't commenting on your posts that have nothing to do with them not being interested in your life.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.
  Old  September 7th, 2017, 1:04am     #1430
Quell
Sweeper

Today was a rough day at work. Too much to go into...I'd write five paragraphs just trying to get it all out--and I don't want to bore anyone. But my gosh it just kept piling on and on and on until I almost started crying right there at my desk.

I did cry a little on the ride home. And a little bit when I got home. I might cry again...who knows?

I am trying to change my mindset about some changes coming at work but it just isn't easy to convince myself when I know it is simply going to sucky-suck-suck for at least the next 4 months.
  Old  May 30th, 2018, 6:00pm     #1431
Karen_246
Grand Master Sweeper
Senior Moderator/Editor
PITA

"Once we choose HOPE, EVERYTHING is POSSIBLE" ~ Christopher Reeve
Come check out my blog, please follow if you would like. Looking to get the word out about your company, etsy shop, etc, please give me a shout as I am actively seeking sponsors for reviews and giveaways.
  Old  May 30th, 2018, 6:19pm     #1432
Brittles
Master Sweeper

I am crying now after learning of the passing of a dear friend today. RIP Bette.

Old  June 1st, 2018, 5:02pm     #1433
QBookie
Master Sweeper

Unhappy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brittles View Post
I am crying now after learning of the passing of a dear friend today. RIP Bette.

"There are no goodbyes for us. Wherever you are, you will always be in my heart." - Gandhi

Honey, Ain't Nothin' Ever Gonna Be Like It Was Before.
  Old  June 7th, 2018, 2:29pm     #1434
Brittles
Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by QBookie View Post

"There are no goodbyes for us. Wherever you are, you will always be in my heart." - Gandhi
Very nice saying. Thanks for sharing that.

Old  July 21st, 2018, 2:35pm     #1435
sparkle8
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by QBookie View Post

Thank you I needed to read this today. I am sad because my dear friend and right next door to my apartment, friend Susan who passed away July 1st, her family is moving her things out today.
Just seems so final now.

‎"A keen sense of humor helps us to overlook the unbecoming, understand the unconventional, tolerate the unpleasant, overcome the unexpected and outlast the unbearable." ~ Billy Graham
http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Sparkle8 If I win, you win at Swagbucks!