Old  August 5th, 2018, 4:02pm     #1
Ashook
Senior Master Sweeper

Sweepers DQ'd
Certain (blank)Barn Pet food Company actually struck a nerve..
Yet another, no sweepstakers may enter, company... I just couldn't ignore it and move on as usual.. I'm waiting for my post to be removed..tick tock tick tock... dropped this lovely on their wall..

Per your rules "Entrants who have created social accounts purely for the purpose of entering Competitions or Sweepstakes will not be eligible to win." SHAME on you..We all have social accounts, and yes, I have entered contests but as an owner of dogs, many cats and in fact, am currently bottle feeding FOUR one month old kittens now, I feel it is bad business practice to exclude those who may enter contests in their spare time. Everyone you reach via a contest is advertising for your company, we ARE your customers! If this is how you feel, then I will surely not buy from you.. ((how long before this is deleted-tick tock..))

Wondering how long before this becomes the norm for companies

Old  September 6th, 2018, 4:28am     #2
mcclave
Grand Master Sweeper

Well put! You do realize that it's probably not the regular sweepers that make the companies take this stand, it's the cheaters. That's my take on it anyway.

I read a post just yesterday that said the sponsor of a FB contest (one of those ones where you have a link and share it and the top referrers win something) caught someone (the top referrer) cheating. They had filled out and submitted 395 referral emails them-self.

They have some sort of fraud software that they run every night to catch the cheaters. The emails were open but they could tell because they were all submitted from the same ISP.

Could you imagine having to manage 395 emails and go in and confirm each sign up? This was for a years supply of CBD oil. If someone will go to that much trouble for a small prize like that imagine what they are doing for the larger prizes.

Old  September 6th, 2018, 6:18am     #3
Ashook
Senior Master Sweeper

Good grief, that is crazy and yes, cheaters make me angry as well. Grrr... I just hope it doesn't become the norm. They will eventually have to define a "sweeper". Someone who enters, how many, 2 a day, 100 a week? Just a horrible business move in general. Of course, I got no response but they didn't disappoint, I wasn't expecting one

Sweepers are people too