Old  June 5th, 2018, 10:51am     #1
mcclave
Grand Master Sweeper

Shop Your Way Question
I wasn't sure where to put this cause I can't even find these sweeps listed here anymore.

My question is for people who have won something other than the "points"!

Does the email that alerts you of winning one of the big prizes come from a different email address than the ones telling you that you won points?

I admit for months I was whining to myself about not getting any winning emails then I started entering these sweeps and was getting lots of winning emails a day each one when I won points.

I know...be careful what you ask for you just might get it.

Old  June 5th, 2018, 11:10am     #2
ItsFuva
Sweeper

I won a necklace from them many years ago. I really don't remember who the email came from.

I use a separate GMail account for SYW. It helps.

BTW, the points do add up. I just spent my points and with coupons got $20.00 worth of cat food for nothing.
  Old  June 5th, 2018, 11:27am     #3
bomar97
Grand Master Sweeper

I haven't won anything but points.. and for me they don't add up.. only 14 days to use them now.. and if I want anything, I have to buy it online which means paying shipping which points won't cover.

Unless I'm looking to purchase something from Sears, I won't bother with their instants because it does take time to go through them and I mainly get nickel wins and even have had some penny wins. By the time I get to day 14 when I start losing points, I may have won $5.

Shopping online I've found to be potluck as well.. have had many issues with either the product doesn't get shipped, or it's the wrong size or even not the right item. Then you have to go through with shipping it back and getting points as your refund so you can re-order again ( which in many cases for me, the item was no longer on sale while my points were active ).

I did stress points for a refund as they didn't want to pay back my cash from paypal that I used! And after much hassle, and they agreed to it, they still shorted me.

And when we had a store 70 miles away, it was still a hassle to return or exchange. I brought all the papers I received to K-mart with shoes that didn't fit.. they refused to refund my money or exchange them. They said ( and this happened in Sears as well ) they couldn't find the sale on their computer. K-Mart stated it was past their return days.. I had to then contact the company online and have them issue me a return label to ship them back since they were well within the time limit. Yes, the paperwork I brought was everything including the paperwork from online that stated you could return them to the store.

Earn cash back while shopping with ebates - my referral https://www.ebates.com/r/BOMER92
  Old  June 5th, 2018, 11:33am     #4
cvanderkodde
Sweeper

Re: SYW
I won a 5 hundred dollar pet gate from them a couple of years ago and it did come from Shop Your Way. It did however go to my spam box, but I caught it. I check "My Sweeps" on their page everyday and that page posts if you won something or not or who won the prize. Its just a safety net so that you don't miss a win. Happy sweeping!!!!
  Old  June 5th, 2018, 6:12pm     #5
mcclave
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvanderkodde View Post
I won a 5 hundred dollar pet gate from them a couple of years ago and it did come from Shop Your Way. It did however go to my spam box, but I caught it. I check "My Sweeps" on their page everyday and that page posts if you won something or not or who won the prize. Its just a safety net so that you don't miss a win. Happy sweeping!!!!
Yes I do that. Thanks for the info about the email.

Old  June 5th, 2018, 6:20pm     #6
mcclave
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomar97 View Post
I haven't won anything but points.. and for me they don't add up.. only 14 days to use them now.. and if I want anything, I have to buy it online which means paying shipping which points won't cover.

Unless I'm looking to purchase something from Sears, I won't bother with their instants because it does take time to go through them and I mainly get nickel wins and even have had some penny wins. By the time I get to day 14 when I start losing points, I may have won $5.

Shopping online I've found to be potluck as well.. have had many issues with either the product doesn't get shipped, or it's the wrong size or even not the right item. Then you have to go through with shipping it back and getting points as your refund so you can re-order again ( which in many cases for me, the item was no longer on sale while my points were active ).

I did stress points for a refund as they didn't want to pay back my cash from paypal that I used! And after much hassle, and they agreed to it, they still shorted me.

And when we had a store 70 miles away, it was still a hassle to return or exchange. I brought all the papers I received to K-mart with shoes that didn't fit.. they refused to refund my money or exchange them. They said ( and this happened in Sears as well ) they couldn't find the sale on their computer. K-Mart stated it was past their return days.. I had to then contact the company online and have them issue me a return label to ship them back since they were well within the time limit. Yes, the paperwork I brought was everything including the paperwork from online that stated you could return them to the store.
I have gotten some really really good deals with points and then the offers. Stuff I needed to buy anyway. For instance I got a really nice tea pot for 2 dollars. My son picked it up on his way to work. A car jack my son needed for $7. We also picked it up.

I know what you mean about the shipping. I got a 3 month free trial that includes free shipping on most items. Some of the items they require you to spend $35 to get free shipping.

I love the quality of most of the Craftsman tools.

Old  June 5th, 2018, 6:21pm     #7
mcclave
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsFuva View Post
I won a necklace from them many years ago. I really don't remember who the email came from.

I use a separate GMail account for SYW. It helps.

BTW, the points do add up. I just spent my points and with coupons got $20.00 worth of cat food for nothing.
Great idea!

Old  June 5th, 2018, 7:07pm     #8
newsome815
Master Sweeper

I won a trip about 5 years ago and it came from XXXXXX@tristarfulfillment.com - not sure if that's still true though since it's been so many years.
  Old  June 5th, 2018, 7:26pm     #9
xxyyzz
Master Sweeper

Luckily, we have a Kmart close to us which makes it easy to use the points
before they expire.
Also, I often receive FreeCash - $7 on $7 on various things (clothing, home goods)
which I use to great advantage.
No big wins, but the nickels and dimes do add up every day.
+ I sometimes win $5 or $2 or $1 on periodic daily specials or Wild Wins Wednesday.
In all, I am ahead.
Check the SYW Facebook page for more info. and codes for extra spins.
and to see who the big winners are.
They are pretty good about emailing wins as well, in my experience.
  Old  June 5th, 2018, 7:32pm     #10
bomar97
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcclave View Post
I have gotten some really really good deals with points and then the offers. Stuff I needed to buy anyway. For instance I got a really nice tea pot for 2 dollars. My son picked it up on his way to work. A car jack my son needed for $7. We also picked it up.

I know what you mean about the shipping. I got a 3 month free trial that includes free shipping on most items. Some of the items they require you to spend $35 to get free shipping.

I love the quality of most of the Craftsman tools.
We've always shopped Sears but now have none anywhere around here as the closest one which was over a 1 hour drive away, closed. Craftsman tools have always been something we've bought as well as Kenmore appliances..

Quote:
Originally Posted by newsome815 View Post
I won a trip about 5 years ago and it came from XXXXXX@tristarfulfillment.com - not sure if that's still true though since it's been so many years.
Sounds like it was a specific marketing agency that ran it..

Earn cash back while shopping with ebates - my referral https://www.ebates.com/r/BOMER92
  Old  June 5th, 2018, 7:43pm     #11
hare2Win
Master Sweeper

When I won $10,000 + a yr worth of auto products, the initial email came from rewards@rewards.shopyourwayrewards.com.
4 days later another email with the affidavit came from xxxxxxxxxxxxx@tristarfulfillment.com
But that was 5 yrs ago this summer. Haven't won anything significant since but rarely enter there any more because of so much competition now.

“Luck is believing you're lucky.” - Tennessee Williams
  Old  June 5th, 2018, 11:17pm     #12
mcclave
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by hare2Win View Post
When I won $10,000 + a yr worth of auto products, the initial email came from rewards@rewards.shopyourwayrewards.com.
4 days later another email with the affidavit came from xxxxxxxxxxxxx@tristarfulfillment.com
But that was 5 yrs ago this summer. Haven't won anything significant since but rarely enter there any more because of so much competition now.
Yes that's the same place the point emails come from. I guess I will have to pay closer attention and check the pending ones.

Tell me about it the competition has taken all the fun out of everything. LOL! I try not to let it discourage me. I like to think I can handle a little competition. I have just as much of a chance to win as anyone else!

Last edited by mcclave; June 6th, 2018 at 7:47am. Reason: added something

Old  June 7th, 2018, 12:16am     #13
jgates8
Senior Sweeper

Not that it answers your question, but I pretty much gave up on doing it at all a couple months ago. I received the winning notification screen for I believe a refrigerator. Then when I went back out of the game and back in again, all of a sudden I had that 'entry' to respin again. And of course then no win. (It was zero spins left on the mobile app when I won. Then when I went back in I had 1 spin again).

I emailed the appropriate contact person who is listed in a FB group as the contact. Never even received the courtesy of a response. And of course no affy sent for the win.

Pretty much soured me on doing it. (As well as nearest location is 50 miles away so the tiny wins don't help me).

6/07? - $500 Airfare 2/08 - Disney Trip, 8/08 - Florida trip, 11/08 - Bike GPS, 3/09 - Allure bag w/Aveeno Products, 3/09 - Advil product, 5/09 - Tylenol Backpack, 7/09-$200 Pamida GC, 08/09-Beautifix Gift Box, 10/10-$250 Kelloggs, 9/11-OldWisc Packer win - 2 Club Tix/merch. 5/12-AC Trip & Macys/HD GCs, 8/12-2012 Harley Trike, 2014-$75 Dollar Tree, $25 Snickers. 2015-$300GC & 4 Country Inn Nights, Pepsi 3 $200 Live Nation Concert Cash.
  Old  June 7th, 2018, 3:44am     #14
Kelly82
Master Sweeper

I haven't won any actual items from shopyourway, but I did win $250 in points once. I just about fell out of my chair when I spun and won that.

Old  June 7th, 2018, 5:11am     #15
clc408
Senior Master Sweeper

Having both a Sears and Kmart a few miles from me, I take full advantage of the points wins and I'm loving it. I hope they don't close my stores.