Old  February 3rd, 2020, 10:11am     #1
pcontester
Senior Master Sweeper

printer help
I have a very old printer - HP PSC 750. Since the windows 10 update when I try to print, I get an error mode partway thru the print job. Tried unplugging and plugging it - worked once but not now. Tried printing from the buffer but no luck. It will print a word document which I prepared. Is there a way to save the web document to my documents and then maybe it will print? Presume this is clear as mud. My computer guy is out of town until Feb . 10 .
  Old  February 3rd, 2020, 10:24am     #2
Brittles
Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcontester View Post
I have a very old printer - HP PSC 750. Since the windows 10 update when I try to print, I get an error mode partway thru the print job. Tried unplugging and plugging it - worked once but not now. Tried printing from the buffer but no luck. It will print a word document which I prepared. Is there a way to save the web document to my documents and then maybe it will print? Presume this is clear as mud. My computer guy is out of town until Feb . 10 .
When I've had printer problems I've Googled the model and the error code message and that's led me to sites where others who have had the same problem have posted what resolved the issue for them. Try that if you haven't already. Also try going into the printer settings on the computer and see if you need to update the drivers to be compatible with the Windows 10 update. You may also be able to let your computer try to troubleshoot the issue once you open the printer settings on your screen.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.
  Old  February 3rd, 2020, 10:40am     #3
bomar97
Grand Master Sweeper

Printers and our Windows 10 just don't get along, period. I could never get hubby's win. 10 to print to the computer that was physically connected to the router, though he had no issues going through the router to the internet.. This is an HP laptop and HP printer.

I finally set up the 2nd printer which is wireless.. that works on and off for him. I have never figured out what he issue is. I have an old Mac and can print to either one, no issues.

Sorry.. I'm not much help.

Lights went dark.... ..... ......
  Old  February 3rd, 2020, 12:20pm     #4
d7dot
Gone Camping

You can generally use Win 10 update to install the correct drivers. Try this link.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01796879

Good luck.
  Old  February 3rd, 2020, 3:02pm     #5
chestnutfall
Grand Master Sweeper

Hope you get it figured out.
If you need to get something printed quickly you might try one of these suggestions...

We haven't had a printer for many, many years...When DH was working I'd send him what I needed copied and he'd bring it home...I've also had a trusted neighbor print something for me
and then one smart lady told me I just go online into my library acct. send it to the library to get printed, next time I'm in I pay my 10 cents a copy and pickup my pages...
  Old  February 3rd, 2020, 3:49pm     #6
coljim
Grand Master Sweeper

I rely on Google too.
  Old  February 3rd, 2020, 4:46pm     #7
pcontester
Senior Master Sweeper

thanks so much for all your help. Since I am pretty clueless, I'm going to show Brad
's link to my computer guy to install. Thanks again! If I have any affys to print before he gets back (it COULD happen LOL) I will take my ipad to library and print from it.
  Old  July 25th, 2020, 10:07am     #8
NatalieHartCNp
Junior Sweeper

oh, wow, this model is really very old, is it still working? Have you found the answer to this question? I thought my problem was in my old printer. I decided to buy a new, modern one. I found this site mrdepot.ca where I could order a quality printer for a good price. I was shocked by how many high-quality and practical printer models they have on their site. In addition, they have free shipping and sale! I think this is a great company to deal with! I am happy with my new printer! If you have time, you can check it out. get off this site!

Last edited by NatalieHartCNp; August 7th, 2020 at 9:52am.