Old  June 20th, 2008, 8:02pm     #61
PGRIFF
Grand Master Sweeper

tarab12 sorry your under the weather.
I need to take our stuff to the recycle center. I need to ask them about old paint when we moved in the cabinet in the garage had and still has their leftover paint cans - lots of them a dozen or so.
I have been slowly bringing things back in I have 4 boxes of donate stuff so far and I will keep my uncovered cases in the garage till I can work on them. I promised myself to stay ahead of the clutter. wish me luck.

please do not gift a membership - I'm taking a break from OLS sweeping. and the forums .
  Old  June 23rd, 2008, 7:30pm     #62
airalynn
Master Sweeper

Joining in here with my big project of the year. Link to my post. http://forums.online-sweepstakes.com...d.php?t=699992
Would love any input or suggestions that anyone has. More pics to come tomorrow.

Because sharing is caring, misery loves company, and suffering builds character http://squirrelkarma.blogspot.com/
  Old  June 24th, 2008, 10:39am     #63
PGRIFF
Grand Master Sweeper

order a pottery barn kids catalogue they have great ideas for free. your ikea furniture is gonna look great. how about a chalk board section in a square on the wall.

please do not gift a membership - I'm taking a break from OLS sweeping. and the forums .
  Old  June 24th, 2008, 2:37pm     #64
airalynn
Master Sweeper

I've already looked at all the different kids catalogs (been trying to design this room for years) and nothing in any of them really interested me or my kiddos. It's almost impossible to find room design ideas for a boy and girl room that works. Ikea has a lot of stuff that will work in there that is also in my budget range. I only have $800 to work with for the room.

The room is a challenge to design for one much less two. My kids are 5 and 7 and the room is only 10x10. So you can image the difficulty trying to have enough space for all their things and still give them room to play and let their imaginations run free.

There is a no chalk rule in the house right now due to my daughter daring my son to eat a piece of chalk not too long ago. I will be buying them new easels at some point since they both like to paint and draw http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/50021076 they picked out this one so hopefully I can squeeze a couple into the budget or get them for them for Christmas.

Because sharing is caring, misery loves company, and suffering builds character http://squirrelkarma.blogspot.com/
  Old  June 24th, 2008, 5:09pm     #65
FaygoPop
Senior Master Sweeper

Could you do a Surfing Theme? Seems like that would work for a boy and a girl. Lots of turquoise, orange, brown and tan...and white? Or even red and yellow (minus some of the other colors, lol)...I have seen the surfing theme alot lately and I like it.

Have you checked out HGTV's rate my space site? You can post your pics there and gets tons of ideas from lots of people, plus you can surf around on that site and get ideas. That is how I got the idea for my older son's room...in fact, I practically copied another boy's room from there, lol, lack of creativity on my part, oh well...he loves it, that is all that matters
  Old  June 24th, 2008, 5:12pm     #66
FaygoPop
Senior Master Sweeper

Big Lots
I cannot believe the NICE stuff that Big Lots carries now for decorating your home. I stopped in for a few mins last week after not being there in a long, long time and I was like, 'whoa!' Unfortunately, my hubby was waiting outside with the kids that day, so I couldn't shop....so I went back today and had some fun!

Got a cute shelf that hangs on a wall, it's wood and iron and arch shaped for $5! And, I would love to list everthing and show pics, but I just don't have the time...but just wanted to stop in and say that if you get a chance, check out Big Lots, I was impressed!
  Old  June 24th, 2008, 5:29pm     #67
airalynn
Master Sweeper

Surf theme got voted out by the kids. I'm working on some ideas now that work with what I've got to work with. I wish i had a decent Big Lots here. The one closest to me is awful. It's filthy and way too small and crowded. I do need to hit the fabric stores by me for a few things, hopefully I'll find some fabric for dd that doesn't make her and I want to barf. Everything so far has been really way too cutesy for her tastes.

I've been looking at the rate my space link. I've seen a few things that are kinda what I'm looking for. I'm at the point where if I can't find it I'll make it, LOL which is quite a few things. I'm going to go snag a camera and take some pics of the room so far.

Old  June 24th, 2008, 6:25pm     #68
airalynn
Master Sweeper

The insanity thus far......

Old  June 25th, 2008, 10:01am     #69
FaygoPop
Senior Master Sweeper

How about some stripes or circles and some cheap IKEA lights...look at my son's room for an idea of what I am talking about (link is in first post in this thread).

If you go to Lowe's...they have these stick on, peel off, wallies, or something like that....they are big circles or other shapes, in different colors...in the wallpaper aisle.

(Wall Pops is the name, I just remembered!)

If you go to IKEA (if you have one)...they have lots of cheap lighting that is funky and cool...all sorts of colors and styles, too. Also, they have these circle rugs, no bigger than a kitchen sink sort of rug...that are $9.99 each...I got 2 different colored ones for my son's room and just put them side by side...if you go to my son's HGTV rate my space page..you can see those, too.

You can order things from the IKEA website if you don't have a store near you.

Are the colors of the room going to be turquoise and yellow? I am going to redo our master bedroom and bath in turquoise/aqua blue...sometime this year, hopefully!!! I love that color

Last edited by FaygoPop; June 25th, 2008 at 11:27am. Reason: Wall Pops
  Old  June 25th, 2008, 10:35am     #70
PGRIFF
Grand Master Sweeper

I like the blue and faygo pop I shop any where new and used I got a corner computer desk and the futon in my sons loft room at big lots it's great for 19 yr. old hanging out watching TV and playing video games and it's an extra bed if a friend stays over. aralynn love those beds I like keeping the bedroom void of a theme because the child's /children's inertrests changes and evolves and they create the theme of their space as the grow.

Old  June 25th, 2008, 2:54pm     #71
airalynn
Master Sweeper

We have several lamps from Ikea that we've bought in th past that have been just sitting around waiting to be used that I'm going to put up. I will be buying a couple more when we go for my son's side of the room. I wish I could do the wall decal stuff but the walls are textured so that was a no go.

The kids picked out the blue, every time I walk past their room it makes me smile to see the blue. It's Disney paint from Home Depot called Underwater Wonders. I will be going in to Home Depot again to get some more paint for a couple more things we want to do.

We have a theme for the room. Thankfully it's one that both my kids will be into for quite a while. Just trying to find some accent pieces to help pull the room together and having way too much fun hunting down things that fit the theme. I've been hunting online for 2 days now to find stuff. Apparently no one has ever done this particular theme in a whole room design so this is going to be fun. The theme is Pirate Cats.

Old  June 25th, 2008, 6:48pm     #72
Aprilb
Master Sweeper

I just found this group today..I added pictures to rate my space and they are tough to impress. I had pictures up earlier and there was a comment that did get my attention and I changed a couple things in the room.

Here is my link - http://ratemyspace.hgtv.com/snc/View...7-b1b3abf324d5

This was one room I had thought I was done on...Back to the drawing board. The hard part is there is only one full wall and it has a main traffic flow to the rest of the house.

April

www.:familystitchery.etsy.com
  Old  June 25th, 2008, 8:46pm     #73
PGRIFF
Grand Master Sweeper

I think you have the flow (walk area) just fine - lovely room. formal furniture, nice color, love the entry and the sofa as you enter. if I would suggest anything it would be a shade behind the curtains either blinds or pull shades. good luck

Old  June 25th, 2008, 8:48pm     #74
PGRIFF
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by airalynn View Post
We have several lamps from Ikea that we've bought in th past that have been just sitting around waiting to be used that I'm going to put up. I will be buying a couple more when we go for my son's side of the room. I wish I could do the wall decal stuff but the walls are textured so that was a no go.

The kids picked out the blue, every time I walk past their room it makes me smile to see the blue. It's Disney paint from Home Depot called Underwater Wonders. I will be going in to Home Depot again to get some more paint for a couple more things we want to do.

We have a theme for the room. Thankfully it's one that both my kids will be into for quite a while. Just trying to find some accent pieces to help pull the room together and having way too much fun hunting down things that fit the theme. I've been hunting online for 2 days now to find stuff. Apparently no one has ever done this particular theme in a whole room design so this is going to be fun. The theme is Pirate Cats.
I knew the kids will have their ideas sounds like yours are creative too. like you. you so lucky ..no Ikea here .

Old  June 25th, 2008, 9:23pm     #75
Aprilb
Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGRIFF View Post
I think you have the flow (walk area) just fine - lovely room. formal furniture, nice color, love the entry and the sofa as you enter. if I would suggest anything it would be a shade behind the curtains either blinds or pull shades. good luck

Thanks..there is a lot of really nice places posted on there. I do have vinyl slated faux wood blinds. I should have closed them and kept some of that summer light from blaring in.

April

www.:familystitchery.etsy.com

Tags
decorate, decorating, home, paint, remodel