Old  July 7th, 2018, 1:28pm     #121
QBookie
Master Sweeper

Angry
There is a link on the upper right of the directory page that says "help support OLS" by using their Amazon link. I hope no one is using that.

Honey, Ain't Nothin' Ever Gonna Be Like It Was Before.
  Old  July 7th, 2018, 1:41pm     #122
xeroxdrucker
Master Sweeper

Exclamation
I'm not trying to fan the fire... but I'm disappointed with how this is being handled.

I paid for a Subscription via Paypal on July 1st, I received a receipt shortly thereafter but no Premium service. I did as I was instructed to do and sent a PM and an email. No one has contacted me or asked me to produce a copy of the PayPal receipt with the transaction number, which might help expedite things. No one but GTBuzz and Karen246 [forgive me if I missed anyone else] have shown any concern for what a lot of veteran and new members are going through.

I'd like to know what's going on because I'd prefer not to have to go through Paypal because I can only assume that a large number of claims against the site would have a negative impact or place them on a blacklist. I don't know how Paypal works or whether they keep track of stuff like this - I'm just saying that it can't look good [I'm not trying to deter anyone from filing a claim - I am just expressing my thought process].

A quick, "Folks, we know about the problem. We are sorry for the inconvenience but please be patient while we work this out" would have been nice some two or three pages in but this thread is eight pages deep now. An acknowledgment now would be like adding salt to a wound.

Mechanical errors happen and it would be different if people hadn't voiced their concerns on the site but we have a variety of members - both old and new - going through the same thing. How about someone higher up [no offense to any Moderators because if it hadn't been for you we would not have known that anyone actually knew what was going on] tell us what's going on. I don't even want an apology for the silence - I just want to know what's going on.

I apologize to anyone in this thread if my opinion is not in line with yours or if I appear to be making a big deal over something small but it bothers me that we haven't been officially updated.
  Old  July 7th, 2018, 2:00pm     #123
Brittles
Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeroxdrucker View Post
I'm not trying to fan the fire... but I'm disappointed with how this is being handled.

I paid for a Subscription via Paypal on July 1st, I received a receipt shortly thereafter but no Premium service. I did as I was instructed to do and sent a PM and an email. No one has contacted me or asked me to produce a copy of the PayPal receipt with the transaction number, which might help expedite things. No one but GTBuzz and Karen246 [forgive me if I missed anyone else] have shown any concern for what a lot of veteran and new members are going through.

I'd like to know what's going on because I'd prefer not to have to go through Paypal because I can only assume that a large number of claims against the site would have a negative impact or place them on a blacklist. I don't know how Paypal works or whether they keep track of stuff like this - I'm just saying that it can't look good [I'm not trying to deter anyone from filing a claim - I am just expressing my thought process].

A quick, "Folks, we know about the problem. We are sorry for the inconvenience but please be patient while we work this out" would have been nice some two or three pages in but this thread is eight pages deep now. An acknowledgment now would be like adding salt to a wound.

Mechanical errors happen and it would be different if people hadn't voiced their concerns on the site but we have a variety of members - both old and new - going through the same thing. How about someone higher up [no offense to any Moderators because if it hadn't been for you we would not have known that anyone actually knew what was going on] tell us what's going on. I don't even want an apology for the silence - I just want to know what's going on.

I apologize to anyone in this thread if my opinion is not in line with yours or if I appear to be making a big deal over something small but it bothers me that we haven't been officially updated.
I totally agree with you. I immediately sent a PM to Nicole WITH the Paypal transaction information. 5 days later and no reply (and there are several members that have been waiting a week or more for a response).

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.
  Old  July 7th, 2018, 2:36pm     #124
QBookie
Master Sweeper

Question Does anyone doubt that they are watching us
Do they not realize that there are ramifications to their actions or lack there of? Could they not lose their PayPal account? Are there not legal issues about taking money for a service they are not providing? This is an interstate operation, is the FTC not interested? Are we their prisoners? By the way, I read the rules and I fully expect this post to be deleted. Read fast or save elsewhere.

Honey, Ain't Nothin' Ever Gonna Be Like It Was Before.
  Old  July 7th, 2018, 2:40pm     #125
LuckyButterfly47
Senior Sweeper

I wish I would have read this thread before I renewed my subscription a few hours ago. I was wondering why I didn't instantly turn green like I have in the past when I renewed. I sent an email with my PayPal transaction ID but nothing yet. Ugh! If they don't respond by Monday, I guess I'll have to file a dispute with PayPal to get my money back. It's a shame because I really love this site. I love the organization and it's the only site I've found so far that let's you keep track of your entries and allows you to see/search for expired sweeps. There are other sites out there that are okay and would work but I keep coming back to OLS.

Luckybutterfly's 2018 Win List
  Old  July 7th, 2018, 2:51pm     #126
greenvillechick
Senior Sweeper

I tried to renew mine this morning, the same why I always do, its always instant and it wasn't this morning!!!!! i SENT AN EMAIL TOO WITH ALL THE INFO.
  Old  July 7th, 2018, 3:55pm     #127
mcclave
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by meeulk26 View Post
I signed up yesterday and was refreshing to see if anything has changed. I don't know what the change over to premium should look like, but it should be obvious, right? I see many others are having the same issue. I sent an email, so I guess I'll hang tight.
Look over at the names on these post. A green names means premium subscription and black name means your subscription hasn't credited.

You would be better off calling Paypal and talking to them at this point. Hope it gets straightened out.

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year to All!
  Old  July 7th, 2018, 3:58pm     #128
mcclave
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by QBookie View Post
Do they not realize that there are ramifications to their actions or lack there of? Could they not lose their PayPal account? Are there not legal issues about taking money for a service they are not providing? This is an interstate operation, is the FTC not interested? Are we their prisoners? By the way, I read the rules and I fully expect this post to be deleted. Read fast or save elsewhere.
Read before it is 86ed.

Old  July 7th, 2018, 4:01pm     #129
mcclave
Grand Master Sweeper

For you listening pleasure while you wait!
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Old  July 7th, 2018, 4:22pm     #130
xeroxdrucker
Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brittles View Post
I totally agree with you. I immediately sent a PM to Nicole WITH the Paypal transaction information. 5 days later and no reply (and there are several members that have been waiting a week or more for a response).
I should add that I also sent them my Paypal transaction information but if OLS has no record of it directly from Paypal, shouldn't they be asking us to forward the emails to them, you know?
  Old  July 7th, 2018, 4:27pm     #131
deputydawg
Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcclave View Post
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
You could not have picked a better song to fit the situation.
  Old  July 7th, 2018, 4:28pm     #132
InkyPrincess
Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenvillechick View Post
I tried to renew mine this morning, the same why I always do, its always instant and it wasn't this morning!!!!! i SENT AN EMAIL TOO WITH ALL THE INFO.
Still waiting here...

It looks like yours went through?
  Old  July 7th, 2018, 4:48pm     #133
marilynbmonroe
Senior Sweeper

Me too!
I am experiencing this same issue. Really frustrating! I want to enter the premiums, but I have paid and still cannot access.

marilynbmonroe's wins
  Old  July 7th, 2018, 5:20pm     #134
bomar97
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by InkyPrincess View Post
Still waiting here...

It looks like yours went through?
I think some people are renewing before their subscription expires so they are still green from their old subscription. I know I renew with several weeks left.

Earn cash back while shopping with ebates - my referral https://www.ebates.com/r/BOMER92
  Old  July 7th, 2018, 5:41pm     #135
cookiegirl123
Senior Sweeper

This thread was started on June 25th. Let that sink in a moment. There is absolutely no excuse whatsoever for their not to be some type of notification, apology or explanation from someone that is making money off of this site as to why people are not getting the service that they have paid their money to receive.
Closed Thread

Tags
membership