Old  July 6th, 2018, 4:12pm     #106
Brittles
Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogbuddy57 View Post
Maybe a mod could clarify something. Itís been repeatedly said that Nicole has been notified and they donít know whatís causing the delays. I mean ďby Nicole has been notifiedĒ does that simply mean they have an email addy - or other avenue where thy can send her the info? Or have they received an acknowledgment from Nicole saying - working on it - or is she ignoring them
Too?
Excellent question that I hope will be answered shortly.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.
  Old  July 6th, 2018, 4:14pm     #107
AlwaysLearning
Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogbuddy57 View Post
Maybe a mod could clarify something. Itís been repeatedly said that Nicole has been notified and they donít know whatís causing the delays. I mean ďby Nicole has been notifiedĒ does that simply mean they have an email addy - or other avenue where thy can send her the info? Or have they received an acknowledgment from Nicole saying - working on it - or is she ignoring them
Too?
I don't know for sure, but from my observations, not even KB has phone contact info for Brent or Nicole. I get the impression that she emails/PM's them when there's a problem and hopes that they get back to her (or whomever). I feel badly for her and the other mods because they tend to get the flack when things aren't working.

I actually contacted the hosting company for this site the other day, when it went down, and explained that customers were stuck with no website. They said they couldn't do anything without the owner's permission, but a half hour later, the site was back up. Did the host company quietly bring it back up for us, or did they contact the owner, or was the timing just a coincidence? Don't know.

This Paypal thing could be a temporary glitch, or it could mean that the owner is no longer taking subscriptions. Which means he plans to pull the plug soon or just let the website die a slow painful death.
  Old  July 6th, 2018, 4:21pm     #108
cookiegirl123
Senior Sweeper

[quote=AlwaysLearning;11554116

This Paypal thing could be a temporary glitch, or it could mean that the owner is no longer taking subscriptions. Which means he plans to pull the plug soon or just let the website die a slow painful death.[/QUOTE]

If they are no longer taking subscriptions, then they need to stop accepting the payment for them.
  Old  July 6th, 2018, 4:35pm     #109
AlwaysLearning
Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookiegirl123 View Post
If they are no longer taking subscriptions, then they need to stop accepting the payment for them.
Absolutely, but this site's owner seems to have his own way of doing things, to put it politely.
  Old  July 6th, 2018, 4:39pm     #110
cookiegirl123
Senior Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysLearning View Post
Absolutely, but this site's owner seems to have his own way of doing things, to put it politely.
Oh, I completely understand. That wasn't me being smart to you in any way, that was just annoyance directed at the way that things are being, or rather not being "handled."
  Old  July 6th, 2018, 4:45pm     #111
AlwaysLearning
Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookiegirl123 View Post
Oh, I completely understand. That wasn't me being smart to you in any way, that was just annoyance directed at the way that things are being, or rather not being "handled."
Gotcha.
  Old  July 7th, 2018, 1:34am     #112
mcclave
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfisterfarm View Post
I actually did start the conversation by asking for them to check into what was going on. Once they found out I paid for a service I didn't really receive, they moved it straight to escalation and entered a claim for me. I didn't really stop them.
I'm not really sure what they could really tell me. I successfully sent a payment and subscriptions@online-sweepstakes.com successfully received it. Why the only person who is able to activate the subscription (a) hasn't done so, (b) doesn't response to attempts to contact her, and (c) apparently hasn't logged into this site for almost a month, I'm not sure how they'd be able to know that.
As far as I know it should be automatic. Nicole doesn't sit there all day waiting to activate subscriptions when they come through. It might be a software glitch. They should be able to tell you that from their end.

Last edited by mcclave; July 7th, 2018 at 7:30am. Reason: spelling

Old  July 7th, 2018, 1:38am     #113
mcclave
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysLearning View Post

So all this should really be no surprise to anyone that has been around for awhile.

Old  July 7th, 2018, 9:10am     #114
QBookie
Master Sweeper

Talking
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcclave View Post
So all this should really be no surprise to anyone that has been around for awhile.
The outages were not a surprise but I must have slept through any prevoius subscription issues that were as serious as this.

Honey, Ain't Nothin' Ever Gonna Be Like It Was Before.
  Old  July 7th, 2018, 11:10am     #115
marillionflower
Master Sweeper

7 Days since I renewed. 5 days since the money was removed from my bank account. Still not green
  Old  July 7th, 2018, 11:31am     #116
meeulk26
Junior Sweeper

Same
I signed up yesterday and was refreshing to see if anything has changed. I don't know what the change over to premium should look like, but it should be obvious, right? I see many others are having the same issue. I sent an email, so I guess I'll hang tight.
  Old  July 7th, 2018, 11:33am     #117
mcclave
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by QBookie View Post
The outages were not a surprise but I must have slept through any prevoius subscription issues that were as serious as this.
Nope you are right it's never been this bad but still it doesn't surprise me at all.

Old  July 7th, 2018, 11:38am     #118
bomar97
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by meeulk26 View Post
I signed up yesterday and was refreshing to see if anything has changed. I don't know what the change over to premium should look like, but it should be obvious, right? I see many others are having the same issue. I sent an email, so I guess I'll hang tight.
Sorry things have started on the wrong foot for you.. as you can see, many are in the same boat.

Earn cash back while shopping with ebates - my referral https://www.ebates.com/r/BOMER92
  Old  July 7th, 2018, 11:49am     #119
meeulk26
Junior Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomar97 View Post
Sorry things have started on the wrong foot for you.. as you can see, many are in the same boat.
Thank you. I hope I'm not out $30.
  Old  July 7th, 2018, 12:02pm     #120
Blonde Babe
Junior Sweeper

I paid 3 times with paypal for the $1- 3 month subsription, but still have not seen the date change. I hope I'm not out of 3 different $12 charges. Can someone tell me what to do....PLEASE?