Old  June 20th, 2018, 1:42pm     #31
Brittles
Master Sweeper

So no problems since the 4th until just now. Same site as last time (Handcrafted Reviews), however I've tweeted from that site several times since the last lockout without any problem. Weird thing this time is instead of them texting the code, it only gave the option to have them call me.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.
  Old  June 22nd, 2018, 12:29am     #32
jalapenomama
Senior Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brittles View Post
So no problems since the 4th until just now. Same site as last time (Handcrafted Reviews), however I've tweeted from that site several times since the last lockout without any problem. Weird thing this time is instead of them texting the code, it only gave the option to have them call me.
Thanks for letting us know.

Jalapeno Mama Good luckies
  Old  June 22nd, 2018, 10:21am     #33
Sirius_Moonlight
Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalapenomama View Post
I have to add that if I were doing automated tweets, tweeting offensive things or tweeting one after the other I could understand.
I have been leaving more time between tweets hoping it would help with these lock outs.
I don't think it's the time between tweets. Unless you were tweeting like a bot, meaning 60 tweets a minute or something crazy.

I maintain that is something in the tweet that causes the lock-out. A goofy # or something. It's not offensive, like a bad word, just something spammy.

I haven't been entering regularly, but I plan to start today. Hopefully, I won't get lock-outs. I was sad to see you post this. I had hoped you were in the clear.

Edit to add: Now you have me more careful when entering. There was one tweet for entry with #paypal. I didn't tweet it because it seems like a useless, stupid and maybe considered spammy hashtag. Why would you have that as a hashtag?!

Thanks again for reminding me to be careful!

Last edited by Sirius_Moonlight; June 22nd, 2018 at 10:40am. Reason: add

The Lemon Daisy on Etsy
  Old  July 4th, 2018, 6:13am     #34
jalapenomama
Senior Sweeper

Yes I think you are right about not being how fast you tweet always.
My first tweet of today got my acct locked out.
Gimme Me Books
https://twitter.com/JalapenoMama/sta...50463876493312

See anything suspicious in this tweet?
It is almost a bit funny - had just been thinking want to get over this fear of lockout.

Old  July 4th, 2018, 6:28am     #35
jalapenomama
Senior Sweeper

To add - I had a lockout at this site on 6/4.
Have been doing tweet there since that without any problem and today lockout again.
This tweet I had been doing for several days and it went through.
Why today I don't know.

Old  July 4th, 2018, 8:57am     #36
Sirius_Moonlight
Master Sweeper

I don't know, either. This is frustrating. At first I thought #KU was weird until I realized it was for Kindle Unlimited. Then I thought #NEW might be it, but nope, there are plenty.

So then I looked up #KU #New (together in the search box) and there were several people who had the tweet. Although, I will say there weren't as many for that exact picture/book tweet as other picture book tweets.

This makes me wonder if the bots all of a sudden decided it was a bad tweet? I don't know.

I was thinking of you earlier this week! I was entering a contest with the #AD. I personally think this sets off Twitter so I deleted that hashtag. (And here is where I thought of you) But now we won't know if that was the problem or not since I didn't tweet it. I like you a lot, but I don't have Solidarity with you and your lock-outs

The Lemon Daisy on Etsy
  Old  July 4th, 2018, 10:04am     #37
Barbg18
Junior Sweeper

When that happened to me I finally after 4 emails back & forth with twitter, got them
to say "they consider constant action like this to be a robot." Hence suspicious activity is what they think.
  Old  July 4th, 2018, 10:22am     #38
jalapenomama
Senior Sweeper

Thank you both for your replies.
I like to let others know where there might be a problem.
There truly is no rhyme or reason to this!

Old  July 4th, 2018, 10:40am     #39
jalapenomama
Senior Sweeper

What is irritating - why some can tweet anything and as often as they like without any lockouts.
And that I have no idea why some tweets cause it.

Old  July 4th, 2018, 9:32pm     #40
alansax
Senior Sweeper

Only time I have issues with Twitter is when I get going a little too fast and violate the 100 tweets per hour limit. Even when I do that I'm usually able to start tweeting again within about an hour. I enter tons and I do mean tons of twitter sweepstakes. 569,467 sweepstakes tweets since I joined in May of 2009.

My 2017 Wins
My 2018 Wins
  Old  July 5th, 2018, 1:37am     #41
jalapenomama
Senior Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by alansax View Post
Only time I have issues with Twitter is when I get going a little too fast and violate the 100 tweets per hour limit. Even when I do that I'm usually able to start tweeting again within about an hour. I enter tons and I do mean tons of twitter sweepstakes. 569,467 sweepstakes tweets since I joined in May of 2009.
Hi Alan
I don't get it at all.
I used to be able to tweet a lot (but nowhere near 100 tweets per hour) without any concerns.
This started more than six months ago.
There are specific sites that I am guaranteed a lock out if I tweet there.
I used to get upset about it but now I am trying to take it in stride.
There are a few others with this problem and I could never figure it out.
Question for you - do you do any personal tweets?
Supposedly that makes one look less automated.
Wondering if I should do that - if it would help.

Old  July 5th, 2018, 3:30pm     #42
alansax
Senior Sweeper

Quote:
Hi Alan
I don't get it at all.
I used to be able to tweet a lot (but nowhere near 100 tweets per hour) without any concerns.
This started more than six months ago.
There are specific sites that I am guaranteed a lock out if I tweet there.
I used to get upset about it but now I am trying to take it in stride.
There are a few others with this problem and I could never figure it out.
Question for you - do you do any personal tweets?
Supposedly that makes one look less automated.
Wondering if I should do that - if it would help.
I do no personal tweets. All of my tweets are related to sweepstakes. Had an issue about 1 1/2 years ago that my account got suspended. I made contact which Twitter and told them I was a sweeper and they told me that my account accidentally got caught up in their algorithm and was flagged as a spammer. They removed my account from being scanned by the algorithm causing the problem. Since then I've had no more issues other than every once in a while getting locked out for violating the 100 tweets per hour limit. I have a very fast internet connection and use Sweepstakes List software to manage my sweepstakes so at times I enter them a little too fast. I tweet between 500-700 sweepstakes tweets almost every single day.

My 2017 Wins
My 2018 Wins
  Old  July 5th, 2018, 5:59pm     #43
jalapenomama
Senior Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by alansax View Post
I do no personal tweets. All of my tweets are related to sweepstakes. Had an issue about 1 1/2 years ago that my account got suspended. I made contact which Twitter and told them I was a sweeper and they told me that my account accidentally got caught up in their algorithm and was flagged as a spammer. They removed my account from being scanned by the algorithm causing the problem. Since then I've had no more issues other than every once in a while getting locked out for violating the 100 tweets per hour limit. I have a very fast internet connection and use Sweepstakes List software to manage my sweepstakes so at times I enter them a little too fast. I tweet between 500-700 sweepstakes tweets almost every single day.
Thanks again Alan for your reply
How did you go about contacting Twitter?

Old  July 5th, 2018, 7:04pm     #44
alansax
Senior Sweeper

Quote:
Thanks again Alan for your reply
How did you go about contacting Twitter?
https://help.twitter.com/en/contact-us

My 2017 Wins
My 2018 Wins
  Old  July 5th, 2018, 8:10pm     #45
Barbg18
Junior Sweeper

I know I have said this before but here it is anyway:
1.Not really the blog does not matter
2.It's the gleam or whatever entry form! If you enter using any of these repeatedly it will
also cause a lock out. I am only talking about these listed specific wordings of entries.
1."enter using fb"
2."enter using twitter"

I have found that it is ok for me to do the ones that say only "visit on fb" with no lockouts. Any visits
are ok. I'm not locked out at the moment but it is only because I stopped doing the ones I just mentioned at all on any stinken form! I also can no longer do a tweet on any form or after only 2 tweets
a DAY I will be locked out! The quickest way to get unlocked for me was to google "open a claim against twitter" After searching you'll find a link to do it. They turned me back on in 2 days after answering my claim case.