Old  April 18th, 2017, 7:43pm     #2716
deborah62
Grand Master Sweeper

Just tried Hostess Deep Fried Chocolate Twinkie I got at the store,I know it is bad for me but it was soooo good

What if the hokey pokey is what its all about?
  Old  April 18th, 2017, 8:00pm     #2717
dopey
Grand Master Sweeper

It's so quiet.my sister hasn't been over in weeks and I haven't heard a dog bark in 24 hours.
  Old  April 19th, 2017, 1:56am     #2718
cdengler
Senior Master Sweeper

Old  April 19th, 2017, 7:05am     #2719
mcclave
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyButterfly47 View Post
It makes me sad that 2 of my cousins haven't added me as a friend on Facebook. I've sent each of them multiple friend requests over the past 4-5 years but they've never accepted. They ignore all my messages. They are "friends" with all of our other cousins and even my brother so why not me? Whenever I see pictures of their families on FB, I want to like them and add a nice comment but it won't let me because I'm not a friend. I don't think I've done anything to hurt either of them. I saw both of them last summer when we took our grandpa fishing and they were very nice to me. We even joked around like we did when we were younger. I don't want to bring up the Facebook thing in person because then I'll look desperate, however, it is really annoying and kind of hurtful that they won't accept me as a friend.

I wouldn't worry about it....it's their loss!
  Old  April 19th, 2017, 7:20am     #2720
mcclave
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by dopey View Post
It's so quiet.my sister hasn't been over in weeks and I haven't heard a dog bark in 24 hours.
I know what you mean about the dog barking thing. It's Spring and I have a dog that barks at anything that moves. He barks at bee nest and gets them all riled up and then when they start flying around he jumps up and catches them. They sting him in the mouth and that really makes him mad so he goes after more and more until they are all gone. Then I knock the nest down.

Same thing with Copperheads he finds them and stares and barks. I have this big metal stick that I go and put on the snakes head so it doesn't bite him anymore and he will grab the body and rip it off the head and strut around the yard with it.

Yesterday he almost drove me crazy barking at stuff. Not only would I have to listen to it but I would have to stop what I was doing to go over and see what it was.

I'm not complaining though cause he is a great dog. He loves my grandson! Better not mess with him when he is here! If he goes in the yard Rudy will run circles around him checking for anything that could harm him. Stays with him wherever he goes.

The constant barking can get on your nerves though.
  Old  April 19th, 2017, 7:22am     #2721
mcclave
Grand Master Sweeper

If I win this house they are giving away, I wouldn't have any problem selling it cause in my opinion it's ugly! It's the first one I have ever seen I didn't like.
  Old  April 19th, 2017, 8:54am     #2722
plazamama
Senior Master Sweeper

Thumbs up
Quote:
  Old  April 20th, 2017, 10:17pm     #2723
dopey
Grand Master Sweeper

Thunder and lightening and DS is pushing carts at Walmart. I know they call them in when it's storming, but midnight won't come soon enough.
  Old  April 20th, 2017, 11:33pm     #2724
cdengler
Senior Master Sweeper

Old  April 21st, 2017, 5:13am     #2725
mcclave
Grand Master Sweeper

Finding My Way
Thank God for youtube videos. Things break and I stand half a chance fixing them myself with the help of those videos. Why is it when something breaks or goes wrong it's never just one thing at a time? Nothing to do but ! Then step by step handle one thing at a time.

It's nice to have a place to come to talk about stuff. Love you guys!
  Old  April 21st, 2017, 5:14am     #2726
mcclave
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Thunder and lightening and DS is pushing carts at Walmart. I know they call them in when it's storming, but midnight won't come soon enough.
  Old  April 21st, 2017, 7:59am     #2727
jofo3511
Grand Master Sweeper

pondering what my next obsession will be now that they are taking down the giraffe cam.

Old  April 21st, 2017, 8:17am     #2728
bigskwinner
Grand Master Sweeper

i GOT a new computer
can enter tons more sweeps but have won DIDLY this month

not ONE THING

so think I'll step back and take a break again for a bit

my wins 2014
MY 2016 wins
MY 2017 wins
you JELLY?
  Old  April 21st, 2017, 10:08am     #2729
CalicoGirl
Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcclave View Post
Thank God for youtube videos. Things break and I stand half a chance fixing them myself with the help of those videos. Why is it when something breaks or goes wrong it's never just one thing at a time? Nothing to do but ! Then step by step handle one thing at a time.

It's nice to have a place to come to talk about stuff. Love you guys!
I can relate! I sure wish I had the strength in my arms I use to have, then I would redo my roof myself. Guess I have to stick to smaller tasks.
  Old  April 21st, 2017, 9:18pm     #2730
mcclave
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalicoGirl View Post
I can relate! I sure wish I had the strength in my arms I use to have, then I would redo my roof myself. Guess I have to stick to smaller tasks.
Same thing is going on with me. I let dh do so many things that I really did lose strength in all parts of my body. Now that he is gone I have to do things for myself. Little by little I'm getting stronger everyday.

I did roofing work in August in Texas when I was younger. We had to go barefoot cause the roofs were so hot that if you walked with shoes the black tar stuff would get tracked all over the light colored shingles. A few times I came home with huge blisters on the bottom of my feet.

There is no way my arthritis would allow me to do that safely anymore. Heck my knees have given out on me several times just going down the 3 steps off the deck and I have landed in a huge heap at the bottom. No way I would try that as high up as the roof!