Old  February 10th, 2009, 10:30am     #16
FreakDuJour
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbking View Post
I have drawn two 13 week periods from my quarters paid in and now am on an extention for 13 weeks and after that there should be another 13 week extention...but unless something happens within this week no one in Mo will have unemployment..the states is broke...sigh.
SC is out of unemployment funds also. This is getting scary!

Old  February 10th, 2009, 10:40am     #17
alycep06
Master Sweeper

I have been unemployed since April and I am in my 2nd extension. I got a notice that I am eligible for another extension until June. NJ is getting help from the Feds. The new recovery plan would extend benefits until year end and the states would get federal funds..........I hope that goes through

ap
  Old  February 10th, 2009, 10:49am     #18
bildstein1
Senior Sweeper

Alot of States are out.
Ohio is one of them but we still receive bene's. We will be insolvent in March but the checks are still good. 26 here also with another 23 on top in federal. Ohio is one of the worst hit states since manufacturing jobs split to China. Also stimulus will add another I don't know to it but hints to another 13.
  Old  February 10th, 2009, 11:01am     #19
marelsa
Senior Sweeper

Unemployment
If the stimulus bill passes, it will add to the unemployment benefit time. We really need this bill to pass, there are so many people with no where else to turn, if we could just get a little confidence in the government and ourselfs we could maybe level out and start clawing our way out of this mess. I hope for all the people that are depending on this addition to their benefits get this help, we all have to pull together to turn our country around.
  Old  February 10th, 2009, 11:33am     #20
K3GREENco
Senior Sweeper

REMEMBER IN MAY JUNE THE STUDENTS HIGH SCHOL AND COLLEGE WILL BE COMING OUT--SOME WHERE BETWEEN 2 TO 3 MILLION WARM BODIES WILL BE LOOKING FOR WORK--AGAINST THOSE MILLIONS ALREADY OUT THERE-AND STILL COMING OUT--CRASH CRASH
  Old  February 10th, 2009, 11:42am     #21
ariyana9501
Senior Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secret1 View Post
What happens if you use all your money up. I am on unemployment now been on it since beginning of Nov, I only have like 1700 left which is less than 8 weeks. Do they extend it and give you more or once you use up the money you have in there? Is that is all you get?

btw, I have never had to file for unemployment before and had worked atleast 15 years straight. When I started my claim it said I only had about $5800 that I could claim.
You can draw unemployment......until you use your money. Once it's gone, it's gone. Some people can draw for a year, others more, others much less. It all depends on how much money is there.

Time stands still.....
  Old  February 10th, 2009, 12:08pm     #22
sadkins
Senior Master Sweeper

I was laid off last February and today I still get unempoyment benefits. Currently, I am working part time so they are extending it for a third tme.