Old  June 29th, 2006, 11:25am     #1
daskds
Grand Master Sweeper

Anyone have experience using Restraunt.com
I have a couple of these and got a really good deal on them. I was wondering if anyone has had any experience - good or bad - using these discounts?

We used one once, but it was a sushi bar and we did not see a bill total before we gave the coupon over so we were never really sure we got our full discount (our mistake).

Thanks!
D

"..it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." Carl Sagan
  Old  June 29th, 2006, 3:04pm     #2
MeLike2Travel
Master Sweeper

I've used 10-15 of these over the course of the past couple years. I've had mostly good experiences with them. One time the restaurant told me they were no longer accepting them (even though they were still listed on the site). I always show them the coupon before I order to make sure they're going to accept it. When they told me they wouldn't I walked out and left. But besides that I've had very good experiences. It's a great way to save money when on vacations. It's also a fun way to discover new restaurants in the area you live. So all in all I highly recommend them.
  Old  June 29th, 2006, 4:00pm     #3
udalum
Master Sweeper

We've used the a couple of dozen times. It failed only once--- a place said they no longer accepted the cerfificate, even though it was still valid. My husband e-mailed restaurant.com, and they apologized, and gave him the choice of lots of other places to go to, and e-mailed us the new certificate. I have had great experiences with the.
  Old  June 29th, 2006, 5:24pm     #4
daskds
Grand Master Sweeper

Thanks guys, I got a couple really cheap today in their end of the month sale. I got a $25 discount for $4 - it is good for food or alcohol and had no restrictions. And it is a place we drive by all the time and have talked about going to.

I never thought about using them on vacations! What a great idea! And there was a place listed that one of my friends just LOVES so I may have a nice present for her coming up!

"..it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." Carl Sagan