Old  January 29th, 2011, 2:37pm     #16
droopy
Grand Master Sweeper

Absolut Bloody Marys are gone! Working on a 30-pack of Bud cans today with the BF. How about you?

Droopy's Wins
  Old  January 30th, 2011, 8:36pm     #17
awssm
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcclave View Post
I don't drink anything like I use to when I was younger.

I really like that GIF. Where did you find it- there must be other gems there, too?
  Old  January 30th, 2011, 9:15pm     #18
ironbutterfly
Grand Master Sweeper

I have been sipping a Corona since this afternoon. Hustle bustle house cleaning, threw a game of darts.

All I Want For You My Son Is To Be Satisfied
  Old  January 30th, 2011, 10:18pm     #19
fairiebabe
Master Sweeper

I just saw an ad in the monthly liquor magazine for chocolate whipped cream vodka, the have regular whipped cream vodka that totally changed my life but this one has a recipe with coconut rum another of my favorites it is going to be a great summer!

www.leescrossroadscandles.com/ Sign up for an account to receive sales and discount offers!
  Old  February 2nd, 2011, 1:34pm     #20
awssm
Grand Master Sweeper

Beer philosophy
A professor stood before his philosophy class and had some items in front of him. When the class began, wordlessly, he picked up a very large and empty mayonnaise jar and proceeded to fill it with golf balls. He then asked the students if the jar was full. They agreed that it was. So the professor then picked up a box of pebbles and poured them into the jar. He shook the jar lightly. The pebbles rolled into the open areas between the golf balls. He then asked the students again if the jar was full. They agreed it was.

The professor next picked up a box of sand and poured it into the jar. Of course, the sand filled up everything else. He asked once more if the jar was full. The students responded with a unanimous “yes.” The professor then produced two cans of beer from under the table and poured the entire contents into the jar, effectively filling the empty space between the sand.

The students laughed.

“Now,” said the professor, as the laughter subsided, “I want you to recognize that this jar represents your life. The golf balls are the important things--your family, your children, your health, your friends, and your favorite passions--things that if everything else was lost and only they remained, your life would still be full. The pebbles are the other things that matter like your job, your house, your car. The sand is everything else--the small stuff.

If you put the sand into the jar first,” he continued, “there is no room for the pebbles or the golf balls. The same goes for life. If you spend all your time and energy on the small stuff, you will never have room for the things that are important to you. Pay attention to the things that are critical to your happiness. Play with your children. Take time to get medical checkups, take your wife out to dinner. Play another 18. There will always be time to clean the house, and fix the disposal. “Take care of the golf balls first, the things that really matter. Set your priorities. The rest is just sand.”

One of the students raised her hand and inquired what the beer represented. The professor smiled. “I’m glad you asked. It just goes to show you that no matter how full your life may seem, there’s always room for a couple of beers.”

Cheers!
  Old  February 2nd, 2011, 1:51pm     #21
ironbutterfly
Grand Master Sweeper

Cool
We have this sign hanging in our kitchen:

All I Want For You My Son Is To Be Satisfied
  Old  February 2nd, 2011, 2:07pm     #22
awssm
Grand Master Sweeper

Discovery channel had a special on Sunday "How Beer Saved the World". I don't know if they'll re-air it but it was a good program.
  Old  February 2nd, 2011, 3:18pm     #23
jordan123
Senior Master Sweeper

I love my Vodka Tonics with fresh lime!!!

Extra lime !!

Use to like beer , but wanted to get my six pack abs back, so I had to quit....still working in the abs LOL
  Old  February 3rd, 2011, 7:33pm     #24
droopy
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironbutterfly View Post
we have this sign hanging in our kitchen:

i love it!

Droopy's Wins
  Old  February 3rd, 2011, 8:20pm     #25
demmi
Master Sweeper

My kind of crowd drinking a tom collin's right now
  Old  February 4th, 2011, 12:16am     #26
droopy
Grand Master Sweeper

Just finishing up my last beer of the evening. Have to get some sleep....flight out in the a.m. to Cocoa Beach, FL.........happy hours at the ocean here I come!

Droopy's Wins
  Old  February 4th, 2011, 3:54pm     #27
Brittles
Master Sweeper

Now this is my kind of group. My current alcohol preference is wine, but I also drink beer and hard licquor on occasion. A couple of nights ago I had 3 appletini's and was feeling pretty good. Unfortunately the opposite was the case in the morning.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.
  Old  February 4th, 2011, 5:03pm     #28
Tonysopranogirl
Grand Master Sweeper

I babysit a seven month old that just got picked up and I am going to have a glass of wine to unwind from the whine. yipppeee sigh.......
  Old  February 4th, 2011, 6:19pm     #29
shellsok
Master Sweeper

Have mercy I am a fan of this thread ! Thanks for making it for us drinkers!

A few months back I was introduced to whipped creme flavored vodka and no stores here had any- I got a store I frequent to order some in for me, now they they stock it plus other flavors of Pinnacle ! YAY!

I am a big rum drinker and love fruity drinks, margaritas etc...

Started the Atkins diet this past monday so no drinking for at least 2 weeks! It is gonna be rough !

Cheers friends !

Old  February 4th, 2011, 6:42pm     #30
mcclave
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by awssm View Post
I really like that GIF. Where did you find it- there must be other gems there, too?

I don't remember I have them saved in my imageshack stuff. I use to spend hours searching for cute gifs and then save them in imageshack and photobucket.