HamsterLady
Master Sweeper

Wow, that's an awesome win!

http://www.shesmorethananumber.blogspot.com
  Old  April 26th, 2008, 6:25pm     #47
HamsterLady
Master Sweeper

Went yard saling
Got a HUGE amount of stuffing for crafts for $3..might put some stuff on Etsy after it gets stuffed.

Photo Tote Bag brand new 25 cents for stepmom

Black leather handbag only 75 cents

LARGE bag of little coins, trinkets, and pins that will be great for my Snail Mail friends, 50 cent whole bag

Christian Families Chicken Soup Book

http://www.shesmorethananumber.blogspot.com
  Old  April 26th, 2008, 9:00pm     #48
PGRIFF
Grand Master Sweeper

that's great ...I stayed home today I was a bit under the weather and it was cold here this morning.

please do not gift a membership - I'm taking a break from OLS sweeping. and the forums .
  Old  April 30th, 2008, 8:17pm     #49
crackercrumb
Senior Master Sweeper

nice LARGE bag find AspergersKitty!

went to local one today.. they had 50% off sale, line was 25 people deep with carts & carts full of things. i looked around, but passed on anything that wasn't worth standing in line for 20 mins for.

MY BLOG: http://www.sirthriftalot.blogspot.com [updated: October 29th, 2012!]
  Old  April 30th, 2008, 8:28pm     #50
sallykay
Grand Master Sweeper

PGRIFF, I LOVE that cowboy scarf you posted earlier! It's gorgeous! Yard sale/auction season hasn't started here yet, and this tiny town has NO thrift shops! When I go to a bigger town of some sort, I do love to go.

So, I will enjoy looking at this thread and hopefully posting soon.
  Old  May 9th, 2008, 12:59pm     #51
SweepingBeauty
Grand Master Sweeper

I bought a cute little white Boyd's Bear for .50 at the thrift shop that says #1 Grandma on it. I think KylesArmyWife will try to get it from me.
  Old  May 9th, 2008, 4:00pm     #52
PGRIFF
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by sallykay View Post
PGRIFF, I LOVE that cowboy scarf you posted earlier! It's gorgeous! Yard sale/auction season hasn't started here yet, and this tiny town has NO thrift shops! When I go to a bigger town of some sort, I do love to go.

So, I will enjoy looking at this thread and hopefully posting soon.
church thrift stores or charity rummage sales have the best stuff in one place , I swing by yard sales but they are bargain for families with kids but often I find broken and stained items, people donate beloved objects to church or a charity ..thats where I find the good stuff..get in touch with the local churches and or charities and donate some time to help at their sale and you will have an in to where and when..and an in for a first look. or just for info and go early and go to as many as you can.. we have several church thrift stores I find things from time to time. but I try to swing by once a week. we have a few rummage sale at a couple places where the hours and days are limited I find more there because they have less foot traffic. so look around even in neighboring towns.. it's there.- happy thrifting

please do not gift a membership - I'm taking a break from OLS sweeping. and the forums .
  Old  May 14th, 2008, 1:22am     #53
crackercrumb
Senior Master Sweeper

PGRIFF, I love church sales. My ex boyfriends mom got me into them. She always gets so exicted over them & I usually go with her, some great stuff in them. We only have them in Spring & Fall here, though.

Recenting went to the thrift store & found a brand new Burton (snowboarding company) hankerchief, don't know how much it went for inshop, but I paid 50 cents. Was hoping my boyfriend would get excited about it, he loves snowboarding, but barely cared about it. heh.

Old  May 14th, 2008, 10:59am     #54
luckywishes
Senior Master Sweeper

Im a thrift shop junkie. There are tons in my area. I love the challenge of finding a great deal. I especially love the hat you found. What a steal. I got my son one very similar and you are right, they are expensive. Great find ! Our town is having a town wide garage sale at the end of this month. I was gonna sell some stuff but Id rather wait and do one on my own. I dont want to compete with the entire town. The only benefit I do have is that I live on one of the main roads and I am probably the first house or last house that would be visited.

Check out my review blog www.savvysweeper.blogspot.com
  Old  May 15th, 2008, 10:23am     #55
PGRIFF
Grand Master Sweeper

Old  May 16th, 2008, 1:55am     #56
crackercrumb
Senior Master Sweeper

those are all cute.

the facial expression on the dog(?) in the second picture.. priceless!

&
made a visit to local thrift shop today; didn't have anything worthwhile. but i think they just cleaned the shop out after a 50% off sale, place was empty!

Old  May 16th, 2008, 9:17am     #57
wwWinter
Master Sweeper

Smile
wish yall were closer
I have a truckload I need to haul to auction from our lake cabin + alot of retro textiles I had collected from estates to ebay back in the 90s -
sigh
I hate to see it go to folks that wont appreciate the loot , the boxes of scarves , aprons and doilies are great but the old antique guys dont care about the smalls..

I love seeing what you guys are collecting ---
but I have to get rid of several of my collections just to move some family things in I just cant justify half a room full of fabric anymore
guess I need to get busy crafting but lately just gardening!

I do so enjoy seeing your treasures
keep on hunting
Mary
  Old  May 16th, 2008, 2:00pm     #58
luckywishes
Senior Master Sweeper

I love the dog's expression as well. What a great conversation piece. A lot of the thrift shops and consignment shops close up for the summer around here. Makes for a looooong summer of withdrawal. Here's to great finds at great prices !!

Check out my review blog www.savvysweeper.blogspot.com
  Old  May 18th, 2008, 12:54am     #59
crackercrumb
Senior Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwWinter View Post
wish yall were closer
I have a truckload I need to haul to auction from our lake cabin + alot of retro textiles I had collected from estates to ebay back in the 90s -
sigh
I hate to see it go to folks that wont appreciate the loot , the boxes of scarves , aprons and doilies are great but the old antique guys dont care about the smalls..

I love seeing what you guys are collecting ---
but I have to get rid of several of my collections just to move some family things in I just cant justify half a room full of fabric anymore
guess I need to get busy crafting but lately just gardening!

I do so enjoy seeing your treasures
keep on hunting
Mary
we all accept free postage paid large packages via snail mail.

Old  May 18th, 2008, 1:04am     #60
crackercrumb
Senior Master Sweeper

i got this book today for $2.99. The book was originally a gift to someone (has got the writing inside) on Christmas 2007. It says "Ann my sister-cousin, who else in the world would possibly appreciate this as much as you (and me). Yours for bitter villiany, Theresa." You can tell the book was only flipped through, never fully read. I'd like to give a shout out to Theresa that I appreciate the book way more than Ann. Not only did I get it in like new condition, but I've already read have of it. I also plan to keep it more than 5 months, unlike Ann.

"The Villian's Guide to Better Living"

I also got "Dirty Talk". The book caught my attention, nice velvety cover & also looks like it's barely been touched. $1.99

& this self help book for two bucks. it's called "Gramma Knows the F Word". A self help book on how to have fun! heh.

Tags
ebay, thrift store, thrifty