Old  March 21st, 2008, 7:17pm     #16
ironbutterfly
Grand Master Sweeper

I LOVE the doggy planter, kick ass

I went today with my best friend. Got :

Vintage Anchor Hoching covered jar ( needs a rubber ring, will use in the pantry) $1.99

Amber glass stopped jar $1.99 ( for the pantry)

vintage recipe box: $.99

pale buttery yellow ceramic tart burner $.59

orchid button down shirt for my friend to wear on interviews $2.99

All I Want For You My Son Is To Be Satisfied
  Old  March 21st, 2008, 7:23pm     #17
RockysJewel
Grand Master Sweeper

I mainly buy to sell. I am not a knick knack person at all LOL I have tried but they drive me nuts and I end up selling hehe

I bough 4 Nordtroms men's 3 piece suits for $5 each at Goodwill. They looked brand new. I sold them for around $150 each on eBay.

Also bought (2) Wilson leather skirts that as well looked new/never worn for $5 and $7. Sold one for $45 the other for $65 !

So yes, I love thrift shopping !!

I am not Rocky . I am ~JEWEL~
  Old  March 21st, 2008, 7:27pm     #18
ironbutterfly
Grand Master Sweeper

Wow RJ

Old  March 21st, 2008, 10:54pm     #19
PGRIFF
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by kahalaave View Post
did u know that there is a yahoo group called "ThriftScores"? I've been a member for several years-u post what deals you got,etc..mainly about thrift shops but members also post their garage sale finds etc
I didn't ..I'll check it out. thanks

please do not gift a membership - I'm taking a break from OLS sweeping. and the forums .
  Old  March 22nd, 2008, 12:15am     #20
bullridingbarbie
Senior Sweeper

I got a five piece set of Pierre Cardin luggage for $2.95 at one of our local CHKD (Children's Hospital of the King's Daughter) Thrift Stores. At first I thought it was $2.95 each piece, which was still a great find, but no, when I went to pay for it, the price was all inclusive! Wow! I have gotten winter coats for my girls, all manner of clothes for them, many brand new and still with store tags on them, for 95 cents to $3 a piece. Many, many toys for them, in the same price range. There are some awesome finds, if you are willing to go and look for them.
  Old  March 22nd, 2008, 2:13am     #21
ironbutterfly
Grand Master Sweeper

Nice haul

Old  March 22nd, 2008, 2:30am     #22
crackercrumb
Senior Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by kahalaave View Post
did u know that there is a yahoo group called "ThriftScores"? I've been a member for several years-u post what deals you got,etc..mainly about thrift shops but members also post their garage sale finds etc
I didn't no.. I created a facebook group called Thrift Score. It's a name of a book, I forget who wrote it, but it's a great title.. so I had to use it. It was between "Thrift Score" & "Goodwill Hunting".

I was going to work on a zine for Toronto area thrift stores & call it Goodwill Hunting.

MY BLOG: http://www.sirthriftalot.blogspot.com [updated: October 29th, 2012!]
  Old  March 22nd, 2008, 2:34am     #23
crackercrumb
Senior Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockysJewel View Post
I mainly buy to sell. I am not a knick knack person at all LOL I have tried but they drive me nuts and I end up selling hehe

I bough 4 Nordtroms men's 3 piece suits for $5 each at Goodwill. They looked brand new. I sold them for around $150 each on eBay.

Also bought (2) Wilson leather skirts that as well looked new/never worn for $5 and $7. Sold one for $45 the other for $65 !

So yes, I love thrift shopping !!
I love finding stuff I can resell on eBay. Haven't found alot lately. But good finds for you!

My best eBay success story is a Kittie CD I bought second hand for $11.99 CDN & resold on eBay for $102. That was when it cost $1.60 CDN for $1.00 USA, so I made quite a bit off profit off it.

Old  March 22nd, 2008, 4:37pm     #24
crackercrumb
Senior Master Sweeper

I bought 4 different issues of BUST magazine today at the Thrift Shop. They had a few more, but they didn't seem to interesting & i'm broke.. so I'm trying to watch my money. $3.96 for the lot.

I also found this nice, vintage box of Get Well Cards.. never used. I carried them around for a few mins, but I thought to myself, "when do you ever give a goodwell card?" I don't. So I passed them up.

Old  March 23rd, 2008, 7:40pm     #25
CalicoGirl
Master Sweeper

I am also a big Thrift Store shopper! I have gotten vintage dishes, clothes, books, shoes, nick nacks, etc.. for great prices. And I too sell some of my finds on Ebay or Craig's List. Not too much lately. Plus the stores in my area have raised their prices. But I never give up. Too much fun!
  Old  March 27th, 2008, 9:54pm     #26
luckywishes
Senior Master Sweeper

Went to DSW the other day and got a pair of Mudd and a pair of Steve Madden shoes for $20 total ! They were 80% off ! I was in bargain heaven.

Check out my review blog www.savvysweeper.blogspot.com
  Old  March 29th, 2008, 3:17pm     #27
HamsterLady
Master Sweeper

Don't know if it applies here, but...
I saw an ad for a very close by multi-family sale. Called my friend 'cause there was supposed to be baby clothes so we met up there. Grabbed a pair of size 20 jeans, tried them on at my friend's house. She pointed out they are too big and lets me try on a pair of her old size 16 jeans. They fit so I go back and buy 5-6 pairs of size 16 jeans/pants. They all fit and she says they look awesome. And I feel awesome in them! (they are like brand new from Old Navy and Gap)

Forgot to mention: A large Jack Sparrow pillow that my sister is going to die over (hopefully not literally!)

http://www.shesmorethananumber.blogspot.com
  Old  March 29th, 2008, 3:26pm     #28
tiffnat
Grand Master Sweeper

My ds wanted a tux for the prom-our thrift store had several from a tuxedo rental place for $14.99 with 75% off this week-and a new tuxedo shirt for $4- the entire tux outfilt came to $7.75! and it fit! My son-in-law bought his wedding tux there also! they also had brand new prom/pagent dresses there for $12.99 they were really beautiful!
  Old  March 29th, 2008, 4:18pm     #29
pteilman
Master Sweeper

I bought a very new-looking Calphalon wok at Value Village for $10. I love it and it goes well with all my other Calphalon.
  Old  March 31st, 2008, 5:56pm     #30
crackercrumb
Senior Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by pteilman View Post
I bought a very new-looking Calphalon wok at Value Village for $10. I love it and it goes well with all my other Calphalon.
Awesome! You have Value Village's in Seattle?

Tags
ebay, thrift store, thrifty