Old  June 6th, 2008, 2:34pm     #16
ktvanrees
Master Sweeper

Thanks for the info!

Katy
  Old  June 12th, 2008, 9:53pm     #17
Scibba
Grand Master Sweeper

I did not click on the disc icon as I always do when I entered about 100 new sweeps yesterday - nope, they aren't in MY Sweeps today - I'll continue to 'waste my time' because I keep losing these out of my sweeps if I don't!

Old  October 1st, 2008, 3:46pm     #18
swhitaker99
Sweeper

Thanks for the help Brent!
  Old  January 6th, 2009, 11:23am     #19
shannon717717
Master Sweeper

thanks,im new and didnt know!!

Shannon's Tales of Motherhood A Mommy Blog with giveaways, reviews, couponing, freebies and frugal living... feel free to check us out!!
  Old  January 12th, 2009, 2:43am     #20
annulla
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
If you are clicking on the Save/Disk icon () every time you make any MySweeps changes, you are wasting a lot of time. The Save/Disk icon (the little green disk graphic) that appears in the upper-right corner of the page anytime you make changes to MySweeps isn't necessary at all.

If the icon isn't necessary, why not get rid of it?

Please read my blog -- Blather From Brooklyn
  Old  January 12th, 2009, 3:53am     #21
kathytracey
Senior Master Sweeper

Thanks Brent for the Info.
  Old  January 12th, 2009, 4:06am     #22
Janir
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scibba View Post
I did not click on the disc icon as I always do when I entered about 100 new sweeps yesterday - nope, they aren't in MY Sweeps today - I'll continue to 'waste my time' because I keep losing these out of my sweeps if I don't!

Yes, Scibba, I have had that same experience, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't! Actually I remember Brent posting about this same thing a while ago, and I made sure to just go to another sweeps page when checkmarking MySweeps. No, it doesn't always work!

Old  January 14th, 2009, 9:05am     #23
dutchmade
Master Sweeper

I've had a "hit & miss experience" with saving by just advancing to the next page so I watch it
especially with the 24-hr sweeps.
  Old  January 23rd, 2009, 10:24pm     #24
Glenda
Master Sweeper

if we have block referrer on...would they still be saved?

Benedictum Nomen Iesu
  Old  January 23rd, 2009, 10:34pm     #25
harleydreams
Senior Sweeper

I never knew this. Thanks! No telling how many I've missed out on.

"Happiness is a place between too little and too much."
  Old  January 23rd, 2009, 10:45pm     #26
jgates8
Senior Sweeper

I'm the lucky idiot here. I never even noticed the save icon up there & just clicked away - of course it always saved for me, LOL!!!
  Old  January 23rd, 2009, 10:57pm     #27
kingmiller
Grand Master Sweeper

This is good to know, because sometimes I go to the next page, and then think: oh, wait, did I save that/those entries I just entered? Then I go back, and they are saved.

So Many Books; So Little Time!
  Old  January 24th, 2009, 8:39am     #28
triple*eee
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
I know a lot of people are confused by this. If you are clicking on the Save/Disk icon () every time you make any MySweeps changes, you are wasting a lot of time.

The Save/Disk icon (the little green disk graphic) that appears in the upper-right corner of the page anytime you make changes to MySweeps isn't necessary at all.

Your MySweeps changes (adding or deleting a sweep, recording an entry, etc.) are automatically saved each time you go to another web page in the sweepstakes directory (that is, any page not in the forums).

The only time your MySweeps changes won't be automatically saved is when you don't go to another web page in the sweepstakes directory after making the changes.

For example, let's say you're doing your Dailies in MySweeps and you're recording your entries as you make them. When you're done with page one, all you have to do is go straight on to page two and your changes will automatically be saved without having to click on the Save/Disk icon at all.

Another example, if you're going through the New Sweepstakes section and adding the sweeps you like to MySweeps as you go, your changes will be automatically saved when you continue on to the next page. The next page can be the next New Sweepstakes page or anywhere at all in the sweepstakes directory (anywhere but the forums).

The only time your MySweeps changes won't be automatically saved is when you don't go to another page in the sweepstakes directory after making changes.

For example, if you're on your last page of MySweeps for the day and recording the entries as you go, the changes won't be saved if you leave OLS or close your browser without first going to another web page in the OLS sweepstakes directory.

To sum it up:
  1. MySweeps changes aren't be saved until you load another web page in the sweepstakes directory (i.e. any page not in the forums).

2. Clicking on the Save/Disk icon (the little green disk) essentially just reloads the page you're currently viewing. Continuing on to the next page (or any page for that matter) in the sweepstakes directory will accomplish exactly the same thing, your MySweeps changes will automatically be saved.

3. As long as you don't make any MySweeps changes on the very last page you view in the OLS sweepstakes directory during your visit, your MySweeps changes will automatically be saved. There are a few exceptions where they will be saved anyway, even then.

4. Logging out will also automatically save any changes you might have made to MySweeps.

Brent
hmmm..I've had them not save when doing my sweeps. And no...I was not visiting the forums at the time. I still hit the disk on every page because I have had trouble with this.
  Old  January 27th, 2009, 9:43pm     #29
ReggieMann
Senior Sweeper

When I click on "link" to save a sweep in my favorites to do later (like the blog sweeps because they are time consuming), if I clicked on any sweeps for saving in My Sweeps or added an entry before clicking on link, when I click the back button to go back to the previous page, everything I did is gone. So in this instance this does not work
  Old  March 24th, 2009, 6:20pm     #30
metrowize1
Junior Sweeper

Thanks!! This definitely saved me some time