Old  January 12th, 2018, 10:14am     #1
bomar97
Grand Master Sweeper

Wants me to "buy" my prize
Newest update... yes.. the prize has been sent by Amazon! Awaiting it's delivery.. person on FB sent me the tracking # and asked me to do a review on their product.

Update: I was messaged on FB that they will be shipping the prize and will get back to me with a tracking # .. we'll see!

I won very little last year... and had one not received yet from a Christmas sweeps - a FB win.

So I posted on their page asking when the prizes would ship ( the original post said by Dec. 31st ) .. I was told to message them as all prizes shipped.

I keep an eye on pkgs with USPS, Fed Ex and UPS on their sites. I would see a pkg coming.

They said they shipped my prize .. their mistake ( which makes me think it went somewhere else ) .. and apologized .. said they would reship and get back to me.

Today I get a message... they can't reship another prize since it was already shipped.. they want me to buy the product from Amazon, do a review, then they will send me a refund!!!!!

Last edited by bomar97; January 17th, 2018 at 10:13am.

Earn cash back while shopping with ebates - my referral https://www.ebates.com/r/BOMER92
  Old  January 12th, 2018, 10:26am     #2
jas11563
Master Sweeper

Oh that is just not right!
  Old  January 12th, 2018, 11:38am     #3
bomar97
Grand Master Sweeper

Two slaps in the face this week... 2nd being a rewards program being shut down.. I would have had enough points by June for $300 in rewards but it won't be around... can get $200 in rewards, but all the rewards are sold out ( went fast when notification was sent to everyone ) .. I know I am not the only one left holding points.. they say you can still earn points for rewards as they put out a timeline.. but they are only offering maybe 25 points a day vs. a little over 200/ day before. Hoping they do re-stock the rewards as they say they are "talking" about it... but will have to be fast!

Earn cash back while shopping with ebates - my referral https://www.ebates.com/r/BOMER92
  Old  January 12th, 2018, 12:02pm     #4
susan1215
Senior Master Sweeper

Forget that. I wonder if that happened to all the winners and it's a scam they claim to have mailed out the prizes to winners and never did to get people to buy their product.
  Old  January 12th, 2018, 12:08pm     #5
barblong
Sweeper

You said they shipped the prize...their mistake. Did they say they made a mistake in where they shipped the prize? Either way if it was me I would let them know that their solution is unacceptable and that you will not be purchasing their product in the hopes they will provide you a refund after you provide a review. Further I would remind them that the reason you entered was you were interested in their product as much as they were interested in garnering positive word of mouth for their company/product. Any truthful review you provide should include the knowledge that you "won" the product which was never received and that they made you pay for the product in exchange for a review in order to be paid back for the product that was supposed to be free to begin with. Is that the kind of review they have in mind because that is the review they would get from me. Honest companies don't extort reviews. Whether you escalate things up the chain at this company is up to you and will probably be based on value of the prize and how much you want it.
  Old  January 12th, 2018, 12:15pm     #6
bomar97
Grand Master Sweeper

It's not a high value prize... $69.99 on Amazon.

I really wanted to try it.. one of those indoor wifi ceiling cameras.

I've already told them I don't have the cash to buy it and besides, I "won" it. and also asked them who did they ship my prize to?

I don't know how far I will go... but paying up front is not an option!

Old  January 12th, 2018, 1:08pm     #7
Annie
Grand Master Sweeper
Founding Member

Ask them for a tracking number if they can't supply that than you'll be going to the Better Business Bureau and letting them know what they tried to pull.
I don't care how much the prize was that's not really the point. They shouldn't be getting away this kind of nonsense!
  Old  January 12th, 2018, 1:14pm     #8
mariebow
Senior Master Sweeper

wow that is messed up

Old  January 12th, 2018, 1:24pm     #9
bomar97
Grand Master Sweeper

I just messaged 3 of the winners to see if they got theirs. I don't know if I'll hear back .. I'm not friends with any of them.

Old  January 12th, 2018, 1:49pm     #10
barblong
Sweeper

Let them know that although you understand their position that they shipped all prizes out that their suggested resolution is unacceptable to you. Ask them how they shipped the item (usps, UPS, FedEx) and if they had some type of tracking on it. If you are signed up to receive notifications from all the shipping companies let them know that you didn't receive anything showing shipment/receipt of their package. If you receive notices let them know you would be happy to provide copies of records showing activity for the time frame the item was shipped until current for whichever company they used (again if you are signed up). Remain professional and courteous. If you seem to be getting nowhere let them know that you appreciate the assistance up until now but it appears you are at an impasse and request e-mail and/or phone number of a promotions manager (if they have one) or company manager that may be able to assist you further. If they don't/won't try to find contacts on their website.

Let the manager know what has transpired and request that they assist in resolving you getting your prize. Try to keep language positive. If the manager is no help and you feel like no matter who you talk to you will keep getting the run-a-round and they still want you to pay/review/refund then as a last resort let them know that you have tried to give them the benefit of the doubt but you feel you have no recourse but to file an FTC complaint as you are concerned their sweep/contest may not have been legitimate (only if you plan on actually filing one, I never make empty threats). I'm sorry, it sucks to win something and have that happen.
  Old  January 12th, 2018, 2:18pm     #11
carcon
Senior Master Sweeper

I agree with Annie sounds like a scam to get good feedback to Amazon

You've got to to prime the pump, you've got to have faith and believe
You've got to give of yourself before your worthy to receive!
  Old  January 12th, 2018, 2:32pm     #12
cpnqn
Grand Master Sweeper

no.
I wouldn't do it. Now, you 'could' in theory they have a return policy if you don't get reimbursed you can use...

I just wouldn't on principal alone. Unless it's a prize I was desperate for, I'd send a polite email that I'm disappointed in them that it's illegal to charge a winner for a sweepstakes (at least in my state it is) and that I will take that into consideration next time I am considering their product, website or whatnot crap they have.

I hope it works out for you- try to be polite, could be a bad person on the other end of the email so try again.

Old  January 12th, 2018, 2:41pm     #13
bomar97
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by barblong View Post
Let them know that although you understand their position that they shipped all prizes out that their suggested resolution is unacceptable to you. Ask them how they shipped the item (usps, UPS, FedEx) and if they had some type of tracking on it. If you are signed up to receive notifications from all the shipping companies let them know that you didn't receive anything showing shipment/receipt of their package. If you receive notices let them know you would be happy to provide copies of records showing activity for the time frame the item was shipped until current for whichever company they used (again if you are signed up). Remain professional and courteous. If you seem to be getting nowhere let them know that you appreciate the assistance up until now but it appears you are at an impasse and request e-mail and/or phone number of a promotions manager (if they have one) or company manager that may be able to assist you further. If they don't/won't try to find contacts on their website.

Let the manager know what has transpired and request that they assist in resolving you getting your prize. Try to keep language positive. If the manager is no help and you feel like no matter who you talk to you will keep getting the run-a-round and they still want you to pay/review/refund then as a last resort let them know that you have tried to give them the benefit of the doubt but you feel you have no recourse but to file an FTC complaint as you are concerned their sweep/contest may not have been legitimate (only if you plan on actually filing one, I never make empty threats). I'm sorry, it sucks to win something and have that happen.
Yes, I do try to be polite.. I have not said anything to push it yet.. just told them I don't have the money to buy it and that it was a win... plus asked for info where it was shipped to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carcon View Post
I agree with Annie sounds like a scam to get good feedback to Amazon
This is why I'm hoping to hear from another winner or two. May never, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpnqn View Post
I wouldn't do it. Now, you 'could' in theory they have a return policy if you don't get reimbursed you can use...

I just wouldn't on principal alone. Unless it's a prize I was desperate for, I'd send a polite email that I'm disappointed in them that it's illegal to charge a winner for a sweepstakes (at least in my state it is) and that I will take that into consideration next time I am considering their product, website or whatnot crap they have.

I hope it works out for you- try to be polite, could be a bad person on the other end of the email so try again.
I will never pay with the "hopes" they refund.. right now I am messaging on FB as that is where the sweeps was... next I will use a contact form with the company's website.

Old  January 12th, 2018, 2:54pm     #14
bomar97
Grand Master Sweeper

Ok.. so I did get a response from one person who won and they said they received their prize very quickly after winning.

So will still go back and forth about this for now.. it takes a while for them to get back...

Old  January 12th, 2018, 5:48pm     #15
hare2Win
Master Sweeper

They need to supply the tracking number so you can start a trace with the carrier. If it was sent UPS or FedEx it is automatically insured for $100. If sent by Priority Mail then first $50 is insured.

“Luck is believing you're lucky.” - Tennessee Williams