Old  February 15th, 2019, 6:59am     #1
hawkshoe
Master Sweeper

OLS not secure?
Today is the first time I have noticed that OLS is coming up "Not secure." Why the change?
  Old  February 15th, 2019, 7:10am     #2
HEATHERM
Senior Sweeper

I noticed that too. hmmm...
  Old  February 15th, 2019, 8:15am     #3
xscapes
Gone Camping

Actually, that's not new.

It basically means the site is outdated.

Unless you have delicate information stored in here, it's not a real threat to your security.
  Old  February 15th, 2019, 1:47pm     #4
Qncterra
Senior Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by xscapes View Post
Actually, that's not new.

It basically means the site is outdated.

Unless you have delicate information stored in here, it's not a real threat to your security.
Agreed.
  Old  February 15th, 2019, 2:28pm     #5
cman
Senior Master Sweeper

I have a website for my business. My hosting company told me that you needed to have an SSL certificate or Google would not rate you. They said that I would eventually have a red "not secure" which I have seen on other websites.

I researched this and found out that many huge corporations are not getting an SSL. My company wanted me to pay $175 for the SSL certificate and then they wanted over $280 a month to host my website instead of $49, which I'd been paying for years.

I now have a less illustrious website, never have lost my rankings and a free SSL and am paying $16.00 a month and the SSL was free.

I notice all the time websites that are not secure. It does not bother me at all that OLS does not have a "secured website." Look at the sweeps, many are from very legitimate websites and do not have a secured website. So, again, I do not believe it hurts at all.
  Old  February 15th, 2019, 2:47pm     #6
QBookie
Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by cman View Post
I have a website for my business. My hosting company told me that you needed to have an SSL certificate or Google would not rate you. They said that I would eventually have a red "not secure" which I have seen on other websites.

I researched this and found out that many huge corporations are not getting an SSL. My company wanted me to pay $175 for the SSL certificate and then they wanted over $280 a month to host my website instead of $49, which I'd been paying for years.

I now have a less illustrious website, never have lost my rankings and a free SSL and am paying $16.00 a month and the SSL was free.

I notice all the time websites that are not secure. It does not bother me at all that OLS does not have a "secured website." Look at the sweeps, many are from very legitimate websites and do not have a secured website. So, again, I do not believe it hurts at all.
Well said.

Honey, Ain't Nothin' Ever Gonna Be Like It Was Before.
  Old  February 15th, 2019, 7:06pm     #7
awssm
Grand Master Sweeper

Freedom vs security per Ben Franklin.

America: Love it or give it back.
Closed Thread