Old  July 17th, 2018, 9:52pm     #421
hhillpeople
Senior Sweeper

Sad
Not being a member anymore even though I just paid for another year a week ago is just not good. This is my hang out place when I have free time. This is the place that I have won trips from Canada to Jamaica, from Boston to California. I have even won a years supply of Toilet Paper. Where else can things like that happen. I don't post much but this is a part of my life, like losing a friend. Please fix what is wrong or tell me it's over. I don't want to look for a new place to hang out. I don't want to call and report fraud. I don't want to be angry.
  Old  July 17th, 2018, 10:59pm     #422
Breadman
Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by obxhatteraslight View Post
if it is time to get some new moderators(or bill processor) or time to get a new owner sell the site if your not interested Brent. I know times have changed since all these originals were moderators. Just saying that I am not involved in this mess but things have got to get better or there will be no way this site can remain.

Life changes maybe.... I dunno just thinking.... moving slower then popcorn farts to get resolution for you ppl that are waiting.
I agree. I really enjoy this site and have never had a problem with my membership. But i can definitely understand how frustrating this can be. Seems like when there is a problem with OLS, it gets ignored. It's like going in a retail establishment and can never find an employee to help. Who's minding the store?
  Old  July 17th, 2018, 10:59pm     #423
QBookie
Master Sweeper

Question Didn't anyone read the rules
"By purchasing or making use of an OLS Premium Membership subscription, you agree to the Online-Sweepstakes.com Terms of Service and you agree to follow all OLS Site and Forum rules. This service is offered as-is only, and no guarantees, explicit or implied, are given as to the availability, suitability, or usability of said service or any and all information contained therein. Terms and conditions are subject to change at anytime. All subscriptions are final and refunds will only be granted at the sole discretion of the owner of the OLS web site."

Honey, Ain't Nothin' Ever Gonna Be Like It Was Before.
  Old  July 18th, 2018, 12:54am     #424
mcclave
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breadman View Post
I agree. I really enjoy this site and have never had a problem with my membership. But i can definitely understand how frustrating this can be. Seems like when there is a problem with OLS, it gets ignored. It's like going in a retail establishment and can never find an employee to help. Who's minding the store?
I remember the days when there was a problem Brent use to get in the forums and troubleshoot with us.

Things certainly have changed.
  Old  July 18th, 2018, 7:31am     #425
bugielady88
Senior Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhillpeople View Post
Not being a member anymore even though I just paid for another year a week ago is just not good. This is my hang out place when I have free time. This is the place that I have won trips from Canada to Jamaica, from Boston to California. I have even won a years supply of Toilet Paper. Where else can things like that happen. I don't post much but this is a part of my life, like losing a friend. Please fix what is wrong or tell me it's over. I don't want to look for a new place to hang out. I don't want to call and report fraud. I don't want to be angry.
I like what u say I feel the sameway I just hope they can get it fix I like this site.But I only paid for 3 months.
  Old  July 18th, 2018, 7:42am     #426
gypsy
Senior Sweeper

An update of any kind would nice. Leaving everyone hanging is just poor business practice.
  Old  July 18th, 2018, 7:52am     #427
pooka
Senior Sweeper

Hey did you notice there is only one new sweep posted today? For us non-greenies anyway. The last couple of days there were 60 or more. The fish begins to smell more and more rotten
  Old  July 18th, 2018, 8:20am     #428
dogbuddy57
Master Sweeper
Founding Member

QBookie,

I saw the disclaimer (copied below) shortly after people started having problems. It could have been there since the beginning of time, I don't know....I'm usually aware though. This is the same disclaimer that shows up on at least one other site, excepting for the name. And keep in mind, #1, no one has to actually check a box acknowledging the disclaimer, so it's not exactly obvious, but more importantly #2 The presence of a disclaimer in a legally binding agreement does not necessarily guarantee that the terms of the disclaimer will be recognized and enforced in a legal dispute. There may be other legal considerations that render a disclaimer void either in whole or part.
So I'm not suggesting anyone is ready, or should be ready to do anything, except keep trying to wait patiently for everything to be fixed, but I don't think people should be alarmed by the presence of the disclaimer, and they can dispute charges, etc. I just didn't want anyone to see that and panic, because there are remedies if they never turned green for example.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QBookie View Post
"By purchasing or making use of an OLS Premium Membership subscription, you agree to the Online-Sweepstakes.com Terms of Service and you agree to follow all OLS Site and Forum rules. This service is offered as-is only, and no guarantees, explicit or implied, are given as to the availability, suitability, or usability of said service or any and all information contained therein. Terms and conditions are subject to change at anytime. All subscriptions are final and refunds will only be granted at the sole discretion of the owner of the OLS web site."
  Old  July 18th, 2018, 8:50am     #429
QBookie
Master Sweeper

Thumbs up Thank you dogbuddy57
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogbuddy57 View Post
QBookie,

I saw the disclaimer (copied below) shortly after people started having problems. It could have been there since the beginning of time, I don't know....I'm usually aware though. This is the same disclaimer that shows up on at least one other site, excepting for the name. And keep in mind, #1, no one has to actually check a box acknowledging the disclaimer, so it's not exactly obvious, but more importantly #2 The presence of a disclaimer in a legally binding agreement does not necessarily guarantee that the terms of the disclaimer will be recognized and enforced in a legal dispute. There may be other legal considerations that render a disclaimer void either in whole or part.
So I'm not suggesting anyone is ready, or should be ready to do anything, except keep trying to wait patiently for everything to be fixed, but I don't think people should be alarmed by the presence of the disclaimer, and they can dispute charges, etc. I just didn't want anyone to see that and panic, because there are remedies if they never turned green for example.
I appreciate your thoughtful response. I posted the disclaimer because I personally felt that the post with the attorney general link was an escalation of the situation.

Honey, Ain't Nothin' Ever Gonna Be Like It Was Before.
  Old  July 18th, 2018, 8:58am     #430
ideafarmer
Sweeper

Why can't this be fixed?

If it can't, they should eliminate the Premium restrictions so all sweeps are available to us again. Once they fix it, they can add the restrictions back so only paid subscribers have access. They are only making us all angry now, calling paypal for refunds, accusing them of fraud etc. Brent should be communicating and working with us. Very frustrating.
  Old  July 18th, 2018, 9:35am     #431
dogbuddy57
Master Sweeper
Founding Member

Good point QBookie.........at least they have multiple options to remedy it .....and can decide themselves what they need to do. ....I feel so badly for anyone who paid and isn't green....still.
I mean the original post said "we will begin" this week (which was last week), and getting through 1/2 dozen people at best, really isn't acceptable under any circumstances once you're addressing an issue. I mean turn off the payment methods until everything is fixed. I guess Nicole was on yesterday(?) to put the "PO Box closed" thread back to the top of that forum, but the darn "mail to PO Box" Option is still included in the payment options? And that hasn't been removed for some time. I mean it wasn't originally even announced anywhere until November 2017, with the quote "for some time". So there is some history to certain just never happening, and if I was included in the group I can't say for sure how I would feel at this point....

Perhaps the people who filed disputes through paypal could let others know how that process works?
  Old  July 18th, 2018, 2:31pm     #432
bubblesyell02
Sweeper

Im green again and I got a pm from Nicole, just be patient there going to add a few weeks onto our membership.

Old  July 18th, 2018, 2:57pm     #433
rthunt
Master Sweeper

cant get premium
I just renewed for a year..shows green dot but cant access premium sweeps.. reading here I guess many are having this problem. I've been off for months and was excited to get back to it. I pm'd Nicole so hopefully it gets fixed but i'm concerned it wont... mmmmmm
  Old  July 18th, 2018, 3:17pm     #434
rthunt
Master Sweeper

isn't there a place in our profile that you can see all your paid subscriptions that we've paid for over time? I remember seeing it but can't find it now...any ideas? thanks
  Old  July 18th, 2018, 3:26pm     #435
cookiegirl123
Senior Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by rthunt View Post
I just renewed for a year..shows green dot but cant access premium sweeps.. reading here I guess many are having this problem. I've been off for months and was excited to get back to it. I pm'd Nicole so hopefully it gets fixed but i'm concerned it wont... mmmmmm
I think that the green dot just means that you are online. In order to be premium, your name has to be written in green.
Closed Thread

Tags
membership