Old  July 20th, 2018, 12:31pm     #3901
Brittles
Master Sweeper

I'm pondering how come Fedex can bring a package right up to my door and yet they can't extend their arm and finger to ring the bell.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.
  Old  July 20th, 2018, 12:49pm     #3902
dopey
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalicoGirl View Post
Hope he leaves you some food! Is he going thru a growing spurt?
He's 12, so yeah, probably a growth spur, but he's been going through it fir a while now and I sure hope he gets over it soon.

https://ibotta.com/r/rztlcw
  Old  July 20th, 2018, 12:54pm     #3903
dopey
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brittles View Post
I'm pondering how come Fedex can bring a package right up to my door and yet they can't extend there arm and finger to ring the bell.
I'm waiting for a rug I ordered during prime day and was just thinking they could have a lot more deliveries due to that event, but yeah, you wouldn't think it would take more than a few seconds to ring the bell before dashing off.

Old  July 20th, 2018, 1:23pm     #3904
shortcakebetty1
Junior Sweeper

Unhappy Too much!
I am pondering how to make people in my family feel better. I am kind of the "fixer-upper" so to speak, so I am always stepping in and trying to save the day. It's tough when there is a situation that I can't help with. My daughter is 18 and dealing with a dear friend that has cancer. They've recently found out that is un-treatable at this point. To make matters worse, this is my daughter's first love. They aren't together but remain as close friends so it has been very difficult for her. I am being here for her, but in the end, there is nothing really that I can do. So....today....I am pondering, or worrying, I suppose.

Being a parent is tough. You want to shield your kids from pain, but the harsh reality is that you can't always do that. I know that this will make her stronger in the end, but as of right now, things are just tough.
  Old  July 21st, 2018, 4:01pm     #3905
CalicoGirl
Master Sweeper

I need to go downtown, but my street is being torn up for repaving. You would think they wouldn't be working on Saturday! And that the HOA would tell us which days the street(s) will be kaput!!
  Old  July 22nd, 2018, 12:00pm     #3906
mcclave
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by dopey View Post
My grandson has been here 1 hour and so far he has eaten a hot pocket, a chicken sandwich, banana, doritos, ice cream drumstick and m&m's yogurt. Still have 2 hours until his dad gets here and he's already eaten everything I told him he was allowed to have. Don't know how he'll survive the next 2 hours.
Yep my grandson is here for the whole summer. I had to take out a small loan!
  Old  July 22nd, 2018, 12:03pm     #3907
mcclave
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortcakebetty1 View Post
I am pondering how to make people in my family feel better. I am kind of the "fixer-upper" so to speak, so I am always stepping in and trying to save the day. It's tough when there is a situation that I can't help with. My daughter is 18 and dealing with a dear friend that has cancer. They've recently found out that is un-treatable at this point. To make matters worse, this is my daughter's first love. They aren't together but remain as close friends so it has been very difficult for her. I am being here for her, but in the end, there is nothing really that I can do. So....today....I am pondering, or worrying, I suppose.

Being a parent is tough. You want to shield your kids from pain, but the harsh reality is that you can't always do that. I know that this will make her stronger in the end, but as of right now, things are just tough.
I'm sorry! You sound like your heart is in the right place. Just be there for here that means a lot!
  Old  July 24th, 2018, 1:10pm     #3908
mcclave
Grand Master Sweeper

I have the sweetest granddaughter she is 3 years old and apparently a Lizard Whisperer.

Seriously most of them are dozing. She can just go right up to them and pick them up. She talks with them and then lets them go. Sometimes when she puts them down they just stand there looking at her for a few minutes. It's the craziest thing I have ever seen.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Lizard Wisperer.jpg (78.7 KB, 52 views)
  Old  July 24th, 2018, 7:03pm     #3909
MrsWW
Master Sweeper

I had a dream last night with my ex-husband in it. I was mad at him (imagine that, lol). We have been divorced almost 13 years. No I don't hate him (never really did) nor am I in love with him. Just a dream where he lost his truck some way or another and was supposed to be watching one of the kids so I could go to work.

I realized later that today would have been our 40th wedding anniversary.

Just weird.
  Old  July 25th, 2018, 1:27pm     #3910
dwhawkman
Sweeper

I am pondering about Miley Cyrus and Selena Gomez. What Sweethearts they both are!!!
  Old  July 25th, 2018, 5:04pm     #3911
Brittles
Master Sweeper

I am pondering why people keep posting things on Facebook that isn't true. Are they too lazy to fact check things? And some of the things plain old common sense should make them realize it's not possible.

Old  July 25th, 2018, 5:18pm     #3912
dietingqueen
Senior Sweeper

Contemplating when I will win something - anything - I've started entering 95% of all contests - big or small - just working my way thru every category - upped my entries to about 300/day...can last doing this about another month!
  Old  July 25th, 2018, 9:32pm     #3913
dopey
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brittles View Post
I am pondering why people keep posting things on Facebook that isn't true. Are they too lazy to fact check things? And some of the things plain old common sense should make them realize it's not possible.
I know, one person posts it and every day for a week after that someone shares it. It drives me crazy that people my age are so gullible. Grrrrr.

Old  July 26th, 2018, 1:36am     #3914
cdengler
Senior Master Sweeper

Old  July 26th, 2018, 8:03am     #3915
Brittles
Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by dopey View Post
I know, one person posts it and every day for a week after that someone shares it. It drives me crazy that people my age are so gullible. Grrrrr.
Yes and then 6 months or so later it will start again.