Old  June 27th, 2005, 12:02pm     #1
sheloves2win
Senior Sweeper

Convention Sweeps Idea
Ok.. I Have To Talk It Over W/my Husband But, I Was Thinking Of Doing An Olsers Contest. I Will Have To Figure Out The Guidelines, But The Prize Would Be A Free Place To Stay During The Convention With Meals Of Course.. I Live About An Hour Away From The Convention Site And Will Be Attending And I Just Thought It Might Be Fun To Meet A Couple Of You Carpoolers And Have You Stay With Our Family. Let Me Know If You Think This Would Be A Good Idea. Just Respond To This Thread And I Will Talk To Honey,

SWEEPER SINCE 1990 I LOVE THEM ALL!!! SNAILS/PHONES/INSTANT AND ONLINE... GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF YOU..
  Old  June 27th, 2005, 7:14pm     #2
AmberMoon
Grand Master Sweeper

its nice idea but i would think some people might still be skiddish
  Old  June 27th, 2005, 8:47pm     #3
sheloves2win
Senior Sweeper

I was kinda thinking the same thing.. I might even be a little skiddish..... I was just getting caught up in all the folks getting together to carpool and such figuring if they are comfortable meeting up w/people they don't know and traveling together. Surely I could open my home to a couple of the travelers... Maybe it wasn't such a good idea afterall.

SWEEPER SINCE 1990 I LOVE THEM ALL!!! SNAILS/PHONES/INSTANT AND ONLINE... GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF YOU..
  Old  June 28th, 2005, 12:17am     #4
inthesticks
Gone Camping

Cool
It might work...toss it out there for a month or two and see how folks respond.
  Old  June 28th, 2005, 10:58am     #5
Nana*2*4
Senior Master Sweeper

Why don't you host a BBQ for the OLS'ers who attend, at your home. Pick a time, possibly the night before the start of the Convention. Hot Dogs and fruit salad, make it a BYOB and that way every one will meet the OLS people before the start of the convention.

Dance..as though no one is watching,
Love....as though you have never been hurt before,
Sing.....as though no one can hear you,
Live......as though heaven is on earth ....Souza
  Old  June 28th, 2005, 4:11pm     #6
sheloves2win
Senior Sweeper

Hmmmmm.. That Bbq Idea Sounds Great And We Have The Perfect Place For It. The Only Drawback Is That We Are About An Hour Away From The Convention Site. I Will Be Thinking Of Something Fun Like That Though. Keep Those Suggestions Coming The Bbq One Is A Great Idea

Old  June 28th, 2005, 9:11pm     #7
bugielady88
Senior Sweeper

That not a bad thing to stay at your place.I will go for that.It wuould be like staying at a bed and breakfest.
  Old  June 29th, 2005, 1:52am     #8
sheloves2win
Senior Sweeper

That was kind of what I was originally thinking when I was figuring out something nice to do for a couple of people who drove a long way to get the the convention. It isn't cheap staying in Scottsdale and eating out for a few days. Keep up the thoughts for something to do for some of the weary travelers. If someone wants to PM me with ideas or just post them on here.

Thanks

Old  September 22nd, 2005, 11:36pm     #9
CARAN52
Master Sweeper

I went to the convention for the first time this past year. There was so much going on all the time that I know that I would definately stay at the hotel or as near to it as possible for all future conventions. Although I do appreciate the offer to host at your house, what may be even nicer for us all coming all the distance would be to host a room get-together right at the hotel similar to what the OLS gang did this year. It was so much fun meeting everyone that night and relaxing with them. Although I was severely sleep deprived.