Old  February 14th, 2019, 11:25am     #811
chancebunny
Grand Master Sweeper

Wow - that's a bad setback. Can't people properly package breakable items? It's costing them money to replace it, so you'd think they would be more careful. I hope you won't have too much of a delay.

Our task must be to free ourselves...by widening our circle of compassion
to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature and its beauty.

Albert Einstein
  Old  February 14th, 2019, 8:26pm     #812
Ravzie
Grand Master Sweeper

Topper is on. Mirror is up. Wallpaper is gone. No going back now!

Old  February 14th, 2019, 9:20pm     #813
chancebunny
Grand Master Sweeper

That was quick. I thought you would have to wait for another shipment of the topper.

How are you liking everything?

Albert Einstein
  Old  February 14th, 2019, 10:29pm     #814
Ravzie
Grand Master Sweeper

It looks nice. Just the 4” tall piece that goes along the back wall is broken. That’s why it is so ludicrous that I have to have a whole $500 order to get a maybe $50 piece.

I decided to order the side piece too, $30 for that. You can, and have to, order the side piece separately. The chances that these pieces will be close enough in color to suit me are slim, but I will try.

The walls look terrible now. Funny how the pencil marks from whenever the wallpaper was hung up are still there.

I tried to take a picture earlier, but the camera batts must be dead.

Hubs back home tomorrow late morning.

Old  February 15th, 2019, 7:37am     #815
chancebunny
Grand Master Sweeper

I look forward to pictures when your camera is charged up.

Albert Einstein
  Old  February 21st, 2019, 12:44pm     #816
Ravzie
Grand Master Sweeper

So at long last. The top on the vanity and the broken backsplash. I am hoping to pick up unbroken ones for the back and side today, ones that actually sort of match as well.

Happy with the new faucet so far too, except that if you try to turn on the water at a trickle, it goes on the granite instead of the sink. That seems to be making a dark spot, so I have been looking into putting another coat of sealer on it.

The granite came "factory sealed" but I think it needs more. If you look right under the spout, you can see it is sort of dark shadowed.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_3239.jpg (96.6 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg 100_3240.jpg (93.1 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg 100_3241.jpg (94.5 KB, 10 views)

Old  February 21st, 2019, 1:35pm     #817
chancebunny
Grand Master Sweeper

Yay - pictures! The topper and faucet look nice. The topper goes so well with the now darker cabinet. Since you mentioned the darker spot right under the faucet, I do see it. But I wouldn't have known otherwise and would have just thought it was a naturally darker place in the granite. I hope you get your matching backsplash soon.

Albert Einstein
  Old  February 21st, 2019, 4:57pm     #818
Ravzie
Grand Master Sweeper

Thanks. Got the new pieces, I think they’ll look good.

Tomorrow I am going to the Home Reno And Garden show at the convention center up near the airport. Interested to see what I can see. These things always have a lot of giveaways.

Old  February 21st, 2019, 5:21pm     #819
chancebunny
Grand Master Sweeper

Good luck on the giveaways!

Albert Einstein
  Old  February 21st, 2019, 8:15pm     #820
Ravzie
Grand Master Sweeper

Actually, I won 4 tickets to this show from the radio station. The only problem is to claim tickets from them, I'd have to drive to Rockville, MD. Worth it for a concert, but this? I emailed back and described my situation, but unless I could provide a fedex # and pay for delivery, nope.

I was looking at the price of the tickets on the show website to see if there was any way I could justify that drive. I saw that I can probably get in for free on Friday because of that whole military thing.

I suggested the radio station select another winner. My first win for this year and it's a no go, lol.

Anyway, there will be a lot of vendors that will be happy to talk about plans I have, a good place to get free advise.

The carpenter Clint Harp from Fixer Upper is the celebrity this time.

Old  February 21st, 2019, 9:25pm     #821
chancebunny
Grand Master Sweeper

That's a bummer about the tickets. I really hope you can get in free tomorrow and get lots of ideas and advice.

Albert Einstein
  Old  February 25th, 2019, 12:54pm     #822
Ravzie
Grand Master Sweeper

I did get in free on Friday. But, lol, I opened some junk mail that had been on the table a couple of days on Sun afternoon. Somebody else sent me 4 tickets.

So I had fun walking around and looking at the displays. Spent the whole day. There were a number of renovators, window replacement companies, trades of all kinds, etc. But there was also a number of odd item booths, like you'd expect at a spring festival show or craft fair. Jewelry, beef jerky, Amish furniture...

I did buy a few things. I got some seasoning packets for dips that were tasty with the pretzels the guy was handing out. About a dozen flavors to try, came home with 3. I bought a hummingbird feeder - engineered so that the usual problems with those are handled. It stays cleaner, ants can't get in it, etc. Got some spray cleaning solution for jewelry, computer & tv screens, glasses, etc.

There was this cool little whipper thing I had to have. The guy poured some skim milk in a cup, whipped this little thing a bit and it was solid like whipped cream. You pump the handle a couple of times and voila. There is no kitchen gadget that I don't need, you know. I made the fluffiest omelets ever using it this weekend. So much easier and quicker than getting out a mixer, plugging it in, etc. Not for making a cake or anything big or heavy. People who like lattes and stuff like that would love it.

And I bought a frying pan. I wanted to buy the whole set after watching the woman demonstrate these pans. Eurocast - they are titanium. Looking on amazon, I see they have almost exclusively rave reviews. Sold online @eurocast too and in demo shows like this one, frequently shown in Sam's clubs. I really, really wanted the whole set. Haven't used the one I bought yet, but I can't wait.

I actually did talk to companies about the help I want with the bathroom. Made one appointment for tomorrow. They called to confirm today, but I cancelled when I said, "No, my husband won't be there, doesn't need to be, I make the decisions, I write the checks..." and they insisted he had to be here. Sounds like they expected to hard sell 'us' and not leave without a sale. They lose. I will call some other companies in the pile of brochures I have.

The star for the event was Clint Harp, the carpenter from Fixer Upper. He had an hour talk that was about his life up to and a bit of Chip and JoJo time. Not a how-to-build-a-table kind of talk. He was a good speaker, amusing, frequently self deprecating. "I'm an idiot with a saw."

Clint's message was to keep trying, keep failing until you don't. He and his wife had some hard times before he lucked into meeting these Gaines people that would eventually become the stars of a popular HGTV show. It was really pure luck and/or divine intervention that they met and clicked. Clint has put it all into a book now, you see, so he is traveling around telling the story and signing the books he sells.

I did fill out a number of giveaway slips and have been ready for the onslaught of sales calls. I got a call Sat afternoon. The credit union drew my name for the electric garden tiller. I couldn't remember it exactly, but we stopped to pick it up on the way into dinner and the concert. It looks like a weed eater with a different head. Hubs doesn't think it will be powerful enough to do any good in this Virginia clay. Whatever. I won something. Yay.

So there's that.

I am going to attach the replacement backsplash and the sidesplash I picked up on Thursday now.

Old  February 25th, 2019, 1:03pm     #823
chancebunny
Grand Master Sweeper

It sounds like you had a fun and productive day. Plus you bought some goodies and had a win! That kitchen whipper gadget sounds really neat.

Albert Einstein
  Old  February 25th, 2019, 1:13pm     #824
Ravzie
Grand Master Sweeper

http://thinktankproducts.org/?page_id=81

It was $22 at the show.

Old  February 25th, 2019, 4:25pm     #825
chancebunny
Grand Master Sweeper

That is a cool gadget. Hopefully, it works just as well and easily as it does in the videos.

Albert Einstein