Old  July 5th, 2018, 6:21pm     #3856
gypsylover
Senior Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by dopey View Post
I have a 58 year old brother, he's worked hard his entire life. My older brother called worried because he couldn't find him. We called all over and finally the Denver coroner told us he died in 2017. Today we found a Facebook page with a picture if him, indicating he is homeless and living in Colorado Springs. His last post was May 2018. Now my son is driving around CS trying to find him. Maybe he was trying to find us and didn't know where to look. Maybe this the wrong place, but wondering if he is okay.
Oh I hope your son can find him.
  Old  July 5th, 2018, 7:55pm     #3857
CalicoGirl
Master Sweeper

Quote:
I have a 58 year old brother, he's worked hard his entire life. My older brother called worried because he couldn't find him. We called all over and finally the Denver coroner told us he died in 2017. Today we found a Facebook page with a picture if him, indicating he is homeless and living in Colorado Springs. His last post was May 2018. Now my son is driving around CS trying to find him. Maybe he was trying to find us and didn't know where to look. Maybe this the wrong place, but wondering if he is okay.
Send him a friend request and a message with your phone number! It couldn't hurt. I do hope you find him soon.
  Old  July 5th, 2018, 8:28pm     #3858
dopey
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalicoGirl View Post
Send him a friend request and a message with your phone number! It couldn't hurt. I do hope you find him soon.
I messaged him my street and email addresses and phone number. He's only posted twice, once in April and once in May. He was never big on using the internet, so we were surprised to find a Facebook page for him. No posts in June, so I'm kind of worried.

My son is back, didn't find him on this trip, but he goes up to CS twice a week, so I'm sure he'll keep trying.

https://ibotta.com/r/rztlcw
  Old  July 6th, 2018, 1:13am     #3859
cdengler
Senior Master Sweeper

Old  July 6th, 2018, 10:22am     #3860
dopey
Grand Master Sweeper

The Denver police say my brother died on May 21, 2017, but there is a facebook page with a picture of my brother and two posts in 2018. I found an obituary for someone with the same first and last name as my brother, but a different middle name that died in Denver on May 21, 2017. I know it's my brothers FB page, it has the city where he was born and the college he attended. Started contacting homeless shelters, but he could be in Pueblo looking for us or gone back to Denver.

Old  July 6th, 2018, 10:53am     #3861
mcclave
Gone Camping

Quote:
The Denver police say my brother died on May 21, 2017, but there is a facebook page with a picture of my brother and two posts in 2018. I found an obituary for someone with the same first and last name as my brother, but a different middle name that died in Denver on May 21, 2017. I know it's my brothers FB page, it has the city where he was born and the college he attended. Started contacting homeless shelters, but he could be in Pueblo looking for us or gone back to Denver.
Does he have friends showing on FB? Friend them and ask if anyone knows where he is.

Print out flyers and post them in the area you think he is.

Praying you find him this has to be a very hard thing to go through.

Have you filed a missing person report. The police have access to things like tracking SS# ect.
  Old  July 6th, 2018, 10:59am     #3862
dopey
Grand Master Sweeper

OMG, my son found him. He just texted me a picture of the two of them together. He is still homeless but has a job in Colorado Springs. He is trying to convince him to come to Pueblo, but he was on his way to work, so don't know anything else just yet.

Old  July 6th, 2018, 11:21am     #3863
plazamama
Senior Master Sweeper

Quote:
OMG, my son found him. He just texted me a picture of the two of them together. He is still homeless but has a job in Colorado Springs. He is trying to convince him to come to Pueblo, but he was on his way to work, so don't know anything else just yet.
So happy for you and your family!
Homelessness shouldn't even be a thing.
Such a waste.
Oops, I'm getting up on my soapbox. Like they say, Most Americans are only a paycheck or 2 away from being there.
The people who do the numbers tell us it is cheaper to subsidize a home for someone than to pay the costs of someone on the streets.
Some people are just scared to death to give people a hand up when they need it.

See, here I go, I guess i'll go ahead and post it. All I wanted to type is happy for you.
  Old  July 6th, 2018, 11:40am     #3864
dopey
Grand Master Sweeper

We've been wanting to move, but rents are ridiculous, so we tried buying, but that is cut throat. My brother was in Denver and it's much worse up there. Just so glad we found him, but really disgusted with the coroner and police for telling us he was dead.

Here he is.

Last edited by dopey; July 9th, 2018 at 1:31pm.

Old  July 6th, 2018, 11:47am     #3865
plazamama
Senior Master Sweeper

Quote:
We've been wanting to move, but rents are ridiculous, so we tried buying, but that is cut throat. My brother was in Denver and it's much worse up there. Just so glad we found him, but really disgusted with the coroner and police for telling us he was dead.

Here he is.
so happy for you!
  Old  July 6th, 2018, 1:22pm     #3866
mcclave
Gone Camping

Quote:
  Old  July 6th, 2018, 1:23pm     #3867
mcclave
Gone Camping

Quote:

Here he is.
  Old  July 6th, 2018, 1:43pm     #3868
bomar97
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:

Here he is.
I'm so glad you found him!!!

Sounds like prices in Montana.. skyrocketed from all the rich Californians buying land and making subdivisions or keeping prime property. Had a relative who was renting when the owner put the property for sale.. he got approved by the bank for more than the asking price.. told the owner he wanted to buy the land.. some rich California business man wanted it and upped to a higher price cash. My relative was never given an option to counter-offer and had to find a new place to move to.

Lights went dark.... ..... ......
  Old  July 6th, 2018, 3:16pm     #3869
Annie
Grand Master Sweeper
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomar97 View Post
I'm so glad you found him!!!

Sounds like prices in Montana.. skyrocketed from all the rich Californians buying land and making subdivisions or keeping prime property. Had a relative who was renting when the owner put the property for sale.. he got approved by the bank for more than the asking price.. told the owner he wanted to buy the land.. some rich California business man wanted it and upped to a higher price cash. My relative was never given an option to counter-offer and had to find a new place to move to.
In the United States it's all about the 1%! In other countries such as Canada it's not like that at all. Of course, they provide health care to their citizens. Ok, I'll get off my soapbox too.
  Old  July 6th, 2018, 4:20pm     #3870
bomar97
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie View Post
In the United States it's all about the 1%! In other countries such as Canada it's not like that at all. Of course, they provide health care to their citizens. Ok, I'll get off my soapbox too.
I get health insurance courtesy of the gov't also.. kind of.. based on my "future" income.. so if I was to win - let's say trips, appliances, etc that have no liquid cash, I must "pay back" a portion of the obscenely high premium the gov't pays towards my insurance coverage. This is one reason why I seldom win anything.. I limit what I enter for now. It's not about taxes, I can figure them out and with my income can win a bit before being in a tax paying bracket.. the health insurance subsidy has no minimum bracket to repay the gov't. I would much rather if it was based on last year's income and not the future!

Lights went dark.... ..... ......