Old  February 8th, 2010, 11:55am     #31
Hhhyyyddd is offline
Hhhyyyddd
Grand Master Sweeper
 
Hhhyyyddd's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 16,294
Location: own little world
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildfire View Post
This morning when I was taking my cat Rambo to get neutered he somehow escaped from the pet carrier and ran down the street into the darkness. I know he is scared out of his mind! He's hungry & cold! I feel terrible.
Oh, gosh, I'm sorry that happened and I hope you find Rambo.

If he likes canned food, you might want to walk around calling him tapping on a can, or shaking the dry food box.
Reply With Quote
  Old  February 9th, 2010, 9:17pm     #32
Ravin is offline
Ravin
Grand Master Sweeper
 
Ravin's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2002
Posts: 18,796
Location: IL
I saw a old friend today, well we haven't talked in years. I had heard things over the years, mainly from her mom. It was hard to grasp that the person I knew was doing the things being said.

But, its true after seeing her, it made me sad just thinking of her life. Even though I know she has done it to herself.

“Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth.” Buddha
Reply With Quote
  Old  February 10th, 2010, 10:19pm     #33
sandyy456 is offline
sandyy456
Grand Master Sweeper
 
sandyy456's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 13,218
Location: dreaming of Paris
Because even surrounded by people, I feel so alone.
Reply With Quote
  Old  February 11th, 2010, 12:44am     #34
Godzilla in Pa is offline
Godzilla in Pa
Master Sweeper
 
Godzilla in Pa's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 2,641
Location: Virtual KOA
My Grandfather's old house is up for sale so I was a little excited that I might be able to buy it back and move back there. I arranged with the realator to see the house. Devestation. The house had been foreclosed on by the bank so the former owners had trashed the place then the banks property management company disconnected all of the utilities except for the water. Frozen and burst pipes, buckled floors and soggy dry wall. I really think the house is beyond repair.
Reply With Quote
  Old  February 14th, 2010, 10:09am     #35
ginnylee38 is offline
ginnylee38
Grand Master Sweeper

 
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 11,854
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla in Pa View Post
My Grandfather's old house is up for sale so I was a little excited that I might be able to buy it back and move back there. I arranged with the realator to see the house. Devestation. The house had been foreclosed on by the bank so the former owners had trashed the place then the banks property management company disconnected all of the utilities except for the water. Frozen and burst pipes, buckled floors and soggy dry wall. I really think the house is beyond repair.
Sorry about your Grandfather's house Godzilla in Pa. If it is beyond repair maybe you can still buy it for little to nothing and still have a a nice piece of land along with your memories and start building new ones on it?
Reply With Quote
  Old  February 14th, 2010, 10:27am     #36
Lvrofbooks is offline
Lvrofbooks
Master Sweeper
 
Lvrofbooks's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 4,221
Location: In limbo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandyy456 View Post
Because even surrounded by people, I feel so alone.

“Human beings, like plants, grow in the soil of acceptance, not in the atmosphere of rejection” - John Powell
Reply With Quote
  Old  February 14th, 2010, 1:22pm     #37
OKgirl is offline
OKgirl
Grand Master Sweeper
 
OKgirl's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Posts: 12,096
Location: Oklahoma

Earn Rewards on SwagBucks! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/OKgirl

Win with me on Winster! http://www.winster.com/refer.jsp?uid=wdpm7aefjvrcp
Reply With Quote
  Old  February 14th, 2010, 9:40pm     #38
HistoryMystery is offline
HistoryMystery
Grand Master Sweeper
 
HistoryMystery's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 11,563
Location: DC Metro Area and/or Space
Today sucks. This whole week sucks. I haven't seen a familiar face in 10 days. Had dinner plans for tonight, but not any more. I'm so effing lonely.
Reply With Quote
  Old  February 15th, 2010, 1:19am     #39
Godzilla in Pa is offline
Godzilla in Pa
Master Sweeper
 
Godzilla in Pa's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 2,641
Location: Virtual KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by ginnylee38 View Post
Sorry about your Grandfather's house Godzilla in Pa. If it is beyond repair maybe you can still buy it for little to nothing and still have a a nice piece of land along with your memories and start building new ones on it?
Thanks, I will keep my eye on it for just that reason. Right now they want way to much for a small plot of ground and a house that will need to be removed.
Reply With Quote
  Old  February 15th, 2010, 5:43pm     #40
sparkle8 is offline
sparkle8
Grand Master Sweeper
 
sparkle8's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 18,860
Location: Des Moines, Iowa
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistoryMystery View Post
Today sucks. This whole week sucks. I haven't seen a familiar face in 10 days. Had dinner plans for tonight, but not any more. I'm so effing lonely.

‎"A keen sense of humor helps us to overlook the unbecoming, understand the unconventional, tolerate the unpleasant, overcome the unexpected and outlast the unbearable." ~ Billy Graham
http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Sparkle8 If I win, you win at Swagbucks!
Reply With Quote
  Old  February 16th, 2010, 12:16am     #41
LuckyButterfly47 is offline
LuckyButterfly47
Senior Sweeper
 
LuckyButterfly47's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 772
Location: Minnesota
I feel so bad that I want to cry. I won a sweepstakes where the prize was either a $30 gift card to a record store or tickets to a concert. I emailed them last week and told them that I wanted the concert tickets. They asked me which concert I wanted to go to so I told them. I didn't hear anything from them so I assumed that they were able to get the tickets. I asked my friend if she wanted to go to the concert because it's her favorite band. She was so excited. I get an email from the company tonight that the tickets would cost $50 and that it would be too much. They want me to choose a concert where tickets would be $10 or less each. I don't think it's possible to get $10 concert tickets. If concert tickets were that cheap, I would go to more concerts. Anyways, I'm pissed that the company waited this long to inform me that they couldn't get the tickets. I'm also mad at the way they informed me. They acted like I was taking advantage of them. It's not like I asked to go to a concert that charged $200 a ticket. I also don't get that they won't pay a few extra bucks to please a customer. It didn't say anywhere in the rules about the price of the concert tickets and they never told me in the first email that there was a price limit. I'm sad that I won't get to see one of my favorite bands. I can't afford the tickets myself. Tomorrow I have to tell my friend that she won't get to see her favorite band.

Luckybutterfly's 2018 Win List
Reply With Quote
  Old  February 16th, 2010, 7:25pm     #42
Txsweeper is offline
Txsweeper
Grand Master Sweeper
 
Txsweeper's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 17,377
Location: Lake Travis Texas
Daddy emailed me. He woke up at 4:30am and was cold but his snuggle buddy was gone. (Mom died on the 7th). I just sat and cried, I feel so bad for him. Broken hearts suck!!

As you slide down the banister of life, may
the splinters never point the wrong way.
Reply With Quote
  Old  February 16th, 2010, 8:09pm     #43
jenninshelby is offline
jenninshelby
Grand Master Sweeper
 
jenninshelby's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2003
Posts: 34,742
Location: Tawdry Tramp Butchering the English Language
Quote:
Originally Posted by agsweeps View Post
I feel so bad that I want to cry. I won a sweepstakes where the prize was either a $30 gift card to a record store or tickets to a concert. I emailed them last week and told them that I wanted the concert tickets. They asked me which concert I wanted to go to so I told them. I didn't hear anything from them so I assumed that they were able to get the tickets. I asked my friend if she wanted to go to the concert because it's her favorite band. She was so excited. I get an email from the company tonight that the tickets would cost $50 and that it would be too much. They want me to choose a concert where tickets would be $10 or less each. I don't think it's possible to get $10 concert tickets. If concert tickets were that cheap, I would go to more concerts. Anyways, I'm pissed that the company waited this long to inform me that they couldn't get the tickets. I'm also mad at the way they informed me. They acted like I was taking advantage of them. It's not like I asked to go to a concert that charged $200 a ticket. I also don't get that they won't pay a few extra bucks to please a customer. It didn't say anywhere in the rules about the price of the concert tickets and they never told me in the first email that there was a price limit. I'm sad that I won't get to see one of my favorite bands. I can't afford the tickets myself. Tomorrow I have to tell my friend that she won't get to see her favorite band.
That sucks

"The cat has always been associated with the Moon. For like the moon, it comes to life at night, escaping from humanity and wandering over housetops with its eyes
beaming out through the darkness."
Reply With Quote
  Old  February 17th, 2010, 10:08am     #44
annulla is offline
annulla
Grand Master Sweeper
 
annulla's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 28,017
Location: Beautiful Brooklyn
I tried to help someone who told me they needed it, and in return, today I'm getting nothing but grief.

Honestly, I did what I thought was the right thing, responding to her pleas for help, and I did my best. Oh, and I did it for free, too.

Now she is furious because even though she asked me to help, I didn't do it exactly the way she would have. Except that she didn't do it and she asked for help and she never told me precisely how she wanted it done.

You know what? I didn't do a sloppy or thoughtless job. I did it for her exactly the way I do it for myself, and now she is pissed off beyond belief and sending me endless angry messages.

I've already apologized a dozen times (even though I don't think I did anything wrong), just to placate her and shut her up, but she won't let it go. I'm sorry I wasted my time and energy trying to help her.

Please read my blog -- Blather From Brooklyn
Reply With Quote
  Old  February 17th, 2010, 10:09am     #45
AnnaMolly is offline
AnnaMolly
Senior Master Sweeper
 
AnnaMolly's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 8,975
Location: Colorado
Found out my ex is back with that trashy, married whore that cheated on him and strung me along for last year. Saw him in a pic dressed up with her. He never dressed up to go anywhere with me. He said he'd never get back with her. At least all hope is dead. Along with the rest of me. I hate this damn year.

Destroy demonocracy.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 8:51am.