Grand Master Sweeper
Administrator
Queen Peep

The I Cried today Because Thread.....
New thread for the new year
  Old  January 1st, 2010, 2:38pm     #2
annulla
Grand Master Sweeper

Oh, I saw an episode of the Twilight Zone during the marathon today, about an old man who died with his loyal dog at his side, and something about it just made me tear up.

Quote:
An old man and a hound named Rip, off for an evening's pleasure in quest of raccoon. Usually, these evenings end with one tired old man, one battle-scarred hound dog, and one or more extremely dead raccoons; but as you may suspect, that will not be the case tonight. These hunters won't be coming home from the hill. They're headed for the backwoods of the Twilight Zone.

Please read my blog -- Blather From Brooklyn
  Old  January 1st, 2010, 3:54pm     #3
yellowsnider
Senior Master Sweeper

^ Is that the one where where they die and some guy is trying to convince him to come through a gate but his dog isn't there..and then it turns out that it was hell and where he is supposed to go his dog will always be there.. It's been a long time since I seen that one, but that one was really sad but good at the same time.

Eta: It IS the epsiode!!!

Quote:
Walking along the road, he encounters a fence he doesn't recognize, and decides to follow it. Presently, both come to a gate. The gatekeeper explains that he is Saint Peter and that Simpson can enter the Elysian Fields, but he is disheartened to hear that there is no raccoon hunting in heaven, nor is there any of his other usual pleasures. When his is told that Rip can't enter and will be taken elsewhere, he angrily goes on down the "Eternity Road" rather than enter the gate without his beloved dog, figuring that "Any place that's too high-falootin' for Rip is too fancy for me." Later, after stopping to rest at a log, Simpson and Rip are met by a young angel whose job is to find and bring them to Heaven.
I did a good job remembering,lol
  Old  January 1st, 2010, 8:06pm     #4
MNShopper
Master Sweeper

Things are not good between SO and myself...please pray that I have strength for the days ahead...

2006 Wins 2007 Wins 2008 Wins 2009 Wins
  Old  January 1st, 2010, 8:21pm     #5
ksmith47
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNShopper View Post
Things are not good between SO and myself...please pray that I have strength for the days ahead...
  Old  January 1st, 2010, 9:10pm     #6
tinamarina71
Senior Master Sweeper

because I hate drama and I try to be a nice person, a good person. I really do.

And I cried because I have the greatest friends in the world - those who truly know me.

I was able to take my friend N. out shopping this morning with the 17 Lane Bryant gift cards I had left....and it was so nice to see her face light up choosing the stuff she wanted.

Her hug and kind words from other friends made my day all better.

to all who need it.

"Yes, Jesus loves you. Everyone else thinks you're an A - Hole!"

TREAT PEOPLE THE WAY YOU EXPECT TO BE TREATED!!
  Old  January 1st, 2010, 10:13pm     #7
Maineiac
Senior Master Sweeper
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by annulla View Post
Oh, I saw an episode of the Twilight Zone during the marathon today, about an old man who died with his loyal dog at his side, and something about it just made me tear up.
Watched that one too annulla, and so loved it! I can't believe I hadn't seen it before, as I I'm a TZ freak.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass... it's about learning to dance in the rain.
  Old  January 1st, 2010, 11:11pm     #8
tamiwami
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
You have my prayers. Good luck to you.

You can be the juiciest peach in the orchard, and there still will be someone that doesn't like peaches.
  Old  January 16th, 2010, 1:59pm     #9
Lady Luck
Senior Master Sweeper

Stubbed my frikken toe this morning. Walking by a chair I always miss. But not this time.

It really hurt like h**l and had me in tears fr a couple of minutes.
Still hurts to walk on. Stupid old age!!!!!!!
  Old  January 16th, 2010, 3:44pm     #10
sascha_b
Grand Master Sweeper

Because sometimes our kids' biggest dreams won't come true.

"Beliefs do not affect facts. But facts should affect beliefs, if you are rational." ~ Ricky Gervais
  Old  January 16th, 2010, 3:59pm     #11
ironbutterfly
Grand Master Sweeper

Well I am in the menses frenzies and we went to PetSmart. There was a girl with a rib thin pit bull pup. I got down on one knee to rub and pet him ( such a little lover) She explained she was fostering him. Had been found almost starved to death. She is part of a pitbull rescue org set out to improve their rep. She is currently fostering a slew of dogs, cats and rabbits.

While we were in the checkout I couldn't help it. I went back and gave her $5 and told her to use it to buy dog food. And because I am all menstrual I almost burst into tears, got all weepy in the corners of my eyes.

She gave me her card and they do a hike/socializing club for dogs of all types. I am going to look into it for us and Pearl.

All I Want For You My Son Is To Be Satisfied
  Old  January 17th, 2010, 12:39am     #12
tommy
Grand Master Sweeper
Founding Member

Quote:
Sorry to hear about that young lady but I will send you lots of good Florida vibes knowing and hoping they will do there thing and your home situation turns out the way you want it too
  Old  January 17th, 2010, 1:11am     #13
DE-termined
Master Sweeper

Because so many will die in Haiti before help can get to them! I know we are trying our best, but it's just not going to be enough... I'm not used to that idea. When Americans do their best - things turn out the way they should! We can work miracles in the face of terrible odds! I really don't think so this time. It's just too big.

My wins 2007 http://www.online-sweepstakes.com/fo...d.php?t=534993
  Old  January 18th, 2010, 5:50am     #14
MistySunrise
Senior Master Sweeper

Two years ago today. You left this earth. Two years ago today, my soul went with you. I never knew it could hurt so much, and to feel this empty. Life, means so much more to me today, but its killing me, because you are not in it. Knowing in an instant, your plans are gone. I still remember the sound of the body bag zipping up. I was just hoping you would wake up, and they say it was a mistake, everything was going to be fine. But that zipping sound made it final. I was in the other room when I heard it. If I hadnt been holding my 4 month old niece, I would have collapsed.

I miss you so much. I love you so much. I loved you more, than I ever loved any man in my life. I will love you, until the day that I die. I wanted to spend the rest of my life with you, but ironically, you spent the rest of your life with me. I am never going to get over losing you, but my life was fuller and richer, because you were in it.

I knew when I met you, that you were going to change my life, but I didnt know it was going to be this way.

Hug your spouse/gf/bf, because you never know.... Hug them and tell them how much you love them, and how glad you are that they are in your life. Let them know, because tomorrow may never come.

I know time will heal my wounds, but there will always be this scar that remains. One day, I may let someone in to love me again, and love someone... When it does happen, I am going to make sure that I tell him every day that I love him, and how much he means to me.

I love you Blaine. Forever and always.

Old  January 18th, 2010, 1:53pm     #15
Lady Luck
Senior Master Sweeper

MistySunrise:

You sound as if you really loved him. That's very sad to hear.

Hang in there, woman.