Old  July 24th, 2005, 11:05pm     #1
kbsocial
Grand Master Sweeper
Administrator
Queen Peep

Convention DVDs Being Delivered
So if you ordered one keep an eye on your mailbox!! I watched it once today - good stuff
  Old  July 24th, 2005, 11:25pm     #2
Carla
Master Sweeper

Wanna pretend you're Blockbuster Video and let me borrow it?
  Old  July 24th, 2005, 11:42pm     #3
superchickee
Senior Master Sweeper

I'd like to rent it!
  Old  July 25th, 2005, 12:19am     #4
sirlancelot27
Senior Sweeper

Are there hints and tips in it? Could we order one now. Some of us could not make it to the convention. Thanks!

Val
  Old  July 25th, 2005, 8:09am     #5
kbsocial
Grand Master Sweeper
Administrator
Queen Peep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirlancelot27
Are there hints and tips in it? Could we order one now. Some of us could not make it to the convention. Thanks!

Val

There are really no hints/tips on it per se - its a compilation of different speakers from the convention, highlights of those that won at the convention, interviews with vendors, random interviews with convention goers asking them about their biggest wins and that kinda thing
  Old  July 25th, 2005, 7:57pm     #6
deborah62
Grand Master Sweeper

Can you get one on VHS?

What if the hokey pokey is what its all about?
  Old  July 25th, 2005, 8:05pm     #7
kbsocial
Grand Master Sweeper
Administrator
Queen Peep

Quote:
Originally Posted by deborah62
Can you get one on VHS?

Yes it is also available in VHS format

DVD - $29.95
VHS - $24.95

Mail to:

JD Crosno
89 Maine Ln.
Silex, MO 63377

Make sure when you order you specify VHS or DVD
  Old  July 25th, 2005, 10:54pm     #8
kbsocial
Grand Master Sweeper
Administrator
Queen Peep

And did I mention that is in it??? Oh yeah - OLS rocks it like that!!!
  Old  July 27th, 2005, 3:03am     #9
Veuve-Cliquot
Senior Master Sweeper

KB, I hate to be a priggish punctuation queen, but you know I can't help myself.

Could you remove the apostrophe from "DVD's" in the thread title? "DVDs" is the correct plural form. The apostrophe makes it possessive, and since the the DVDs don't own anything that I can discern, it's unnecessary.

Yes, I know it's considered obnoxious to point this kind of thing out, but proper punctuation makes the masses happy, love. If I let you get away with it here, the next thing I know I'll have to forgive the Chinese restaurants who are celebrating "Happy New Year's" or offering to sell me "Chow Mein's".

Finally, to turn this whole hijacking post into a punctuation lesson, the most common misuse of an apostrophe comes in the form of decade abbreviations. It's the 70s, folks. Not the 70's. Unless you're talking about 70's hairstyles, in which case the Farrah hairdo belongs to the decade. Plural (meaning more than one, as in DVDs) needs no apostrophe. Possessive (as in something belong to someone, i.e., Susan's hat, or KB's whorish tendencies) needs one. Get it? Got it. Good.

p.s. If anyone has bothered to read this ridiculous post thus far and also happens to be a homeschooler teaching their children, let's talk about plural possessives. Even though you may think that the garage next door is the Jones' garage, it's really the Jones's garage. Yes, "s's" is correct, with only two exceptions. The only proper use of s' is Jesus' or Moses'. Don't believe me? Look it up.
  Old  July 27th, 2005, 5:10am     #10
Adrianita
Senior Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carla
Wanna pretend you're Blockbuster Video and let me borrow it?

Can I get a membership too? I wanna borrow it / rent it too !
  Old  July 27th, 2005, 8:24am     #11
kbsocial
Grand Master Sweeper
Administrator
Queen Peep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veuve-Cliquot
The apostrophe makes it possessive, and since the the DVDs don't own anything that I can discern, it's unnecessary.

Oh sweetie, you haven't seen the DVD, but trust me it OWNS something But since it is your birthday and you are a queen, I'll do it
  Old  July 28th, 2005, 5:07pm     #12
justmekermit
Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veuve-Cliquot
KB, I hate to be a priggish punctuation queen, but you know I can't help myself.

Could you remove the apostrophe from "DVD's" in the thread title? "DVDs" is the correct plural form. The apostrophe makes it possessive, and since the the DVDs don't own anything that I can discern, it's unnecessary.

Yes, I know it's considered obnoxious to point this kind of thing out, but proper punctuation makes the masses happy, love. If I let you get away with it here, the next thing I know I'll have to forgive the Chinese restaurants who are celebrating "Happy New Year's" or offering to sell me "Chow Mein's".

Finally, to turn this whole hijacking post into a punctuation lesson, the most common misuse of an apostrophe comes in the form of decade abbreviations. It's the 70s, folks. Not the 70's. Unless you're talking about 70's hairstyles, in which case the Farrah hairdo belongs to the decade. Plural (meaning more than one, as in DVDs) needs no apostrophe. Possessive (as in something belong to someone, i.e., Susan's hat, or KB's whorish tendencies) needs one. Get it? Got it. Good.

p.s. If anyone has bothered to read this ridiculous post thus far and also happens to be a homeschooler teaching their children, let's talk about plural possessives. Even though you may think that the garage next door is the Jones' garage, it's really the Jones's garage. Yes, "s's" is correct, with only two exceptions. The only proper use of s' is Jesus' or Moses'. Don't believe me? Look it up.

Well now you've let the cat out of the bag.

Watch TV shows like Weeds, Breaking Bad, and Game Of Thrones online at TVwarehouse.net