Old  April 8th, 2018, 10:03pm     #1
JeffTheGreat
Master Sweeper

How to add an icon to my phone?
I administer a facebook group called Minnesota Fruit & Vegetable Gardening. I check and update my group often.
How I add an icon on my phone screen to tap and bring me directly to my facebook group?

Last edited by JeffTheGreat; April 9th, 2018 at 11:58am.

Old  April 8th, 2018, 11:07pm     #2
margarita_mama
Grand Master Sweeper

I don't think you can unless facebook gives that sort of option to the owner/administrator of a facebook page (I am neither, so can't tell you for sure what options facebook gives in those scenarios).

You can "save" pages and access them quickly using the "saved" tab from your facebook homepage. I save all sorts of links, videos, and pages there. (You can also access your "saved" pages via the facebook app, if you use it)

Perhaps you could bookmark it in the browser on your cell phone and access it from the browser, or even set it as your homepage on your browser on your phone?

Just suggestions - I really have no clue. You might also see if this is addressed in the Facebook FAQS or help/community forum areas.

My Motherload of Wins
  Old  April 9th, 2018, 9:47am     #3
bomar97
Grand Master Sweeper

I just noticed today there are "shortcuts" on the left side of my FB feed. Maybe you can get it set there so once you open FB, just click on that link.

Edit Shortcuts

Shortcuts are quick links to some of your Pages, groups and games. Shortcuts are selected automatically by default, but you can pin something to your shortcuts so it's always shown at the top or hide it from the list.

Earn cash back while shopping with ebates - my referral https://www.ebates.com/r/BOMER92
  Old  April 9th, 2018, 3:49pm     #4
plazamama
Senior Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomar97 View Post
I just noticed today there are "shortcuts" on the left side of my FB feed. Maybe you can get it set there so once you open FB, just click on that link.

Edit Shortcuts

Shortcuts are quick links to some of your Pages, groups and games. Shortcuts are selected automatically by default, but you can pin something to your shortcuts so it's always shown at the top or hide it from the list.
Yeah, I have that on my FB page. After I join a private group, it just appears there. But that's on my desktop, I don't FB on my phone, I know a site can be different on a phone.
  Old  April 10th, 2018, 12:41am     #5
pandka
Grand Master Sweeper

I admin a few groups. As far as I know, there's no way to do that on a phone. You have to click the FB icon and go to your pages or groups depending if you are an admin or page owner. You click the 3 lines in the lower, right corner. If an owner, the page will appear after your name. To access groups faster, add them to shortcuts and they will appear under shortcuts which is the next thing under your pages.