Old  September 27th, 2014, 7:07pm     #1
kbsocial
Grand Master Sweeper
Administrator
Queen Peep

First Time Convention Goers
All of us who have been attending the convention have been a 'newbie' at some point. This wonderful page should help answer your questions - if not, please post your question here and I will get back to you with answers!
  Old  September 27th, 2014, 11:41pm     #2
uclafan
Master Sweeper

Hats off to the Biron's for another wonderful addition to their GREAT convention web page.

Please use the link below, help me earn extras swagbucks when naming me as the referral and then search so your "Swag Bucks" will begin adding up too. http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/meuclafan
  Old  October 3rd, 2014, 7:06pm     #3
Gloed
Senior Sweeper

First time Convention Goer. Just wondering if I should be going from the 2-6? or could I go friday saturday and sunday?
  Old  October 3rd, 2014, 8:46pm     #4
gacarol
Senior Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gloed View Post
First time Convention Goer. Just wondering if I should be going from the 2-6? or could I go friday saturday and sunday?
Gloed, I think there is a lot going on at the hotel on Thursday that you will not want to miss. You will pick up your registration information and credentials and be able to meet fellow sweepers. The Vendor Room will be open and you'll be able to browse, shop, enter vendor giveaways without being rushed. If you have questions about how things are going to work during the convention, you'll have time to get answers. Also, part of the registration fee is the Kick-off on Thursday evening where you will have an opportunity to win prizes.

I'm the type of person who hates to miss anything, so I'm always there on Thursday.

It appears you live in the Boston area. Will you be commuting or staying at the hotel?

Winners never quit and quitters never win!
  Old  October 14th, 2014, 7:13pm     #5
Gloed
Senior Sweeper

Sorry I haven't got back to you I lost my sister last tuesday and haven't been on. I am trying to figure out if I will be staying there at the hotel. I was wondering if the price was per person. Thank you for answering my question.
  Old  October 15th, 2014, 3:23pm     #6
gacarol
Senior Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gloed View Post
Sorry I haven't got back to you I lost my sister last tuesday and haven't been on. I am trying to figure out if I will be staying there at the hotel. I was wondering if the price was per person. Thank you for answering my question.
Gloed, so very sorry to hear about your sister. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your families.

The $145./night is for one or two people in the room. You could share the room with someone else and split the cost.

Convention attendees will have breakfast on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.

Old  November 10th, 2014, 7:36pm     #7
gacarol
Senior Master Sweeper

Newbie Mentors
Are you a Sweepstakes Convention Veteran? Would you like to become a mentor for convention newbies? If so, send an email to sweepingboston2015@gmail.com

We are so excited that our newbie coordinator, Abbey Kessman, is pairing newbies and mentors!

Old  February 22nd, 2015, 1:18pm     #8
roserpa
Senior Master Sweeper

First timer here - I JUST REGISTERED!!!

Rose's Wins
  Old  February 22nd, 2015, 1:41pm     #9
Karen_246
Grand Master Sweeper
Senior Moderator/Editor
PITA

Quote:
Originally Posted by roserpa View Post
First timer here - I JUST REGISTERED!!!
I was a first timer last year. You are going to have a blast. I hang my nametag thingy with pride over my desk and look at it everyday.

"Once we choose HOPE, EVERYTHING is POSSIBLE" ~ Christopher Reeve
Come check out my blog, please follow if you would like. Looking to get the word out about your company, etsy shop, etc, please give me a shout as I am actively seeking sponsors for reviews and giveaways.
  Old  February 22nd, 2015, 2:02pm     #10
roserpa
Senior Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen_246 View Post
I was a first timer last year. You are going to have a blast. I hang my nametag thingy with pride over my desk and look at it everyday.
Really can't wait -- have always wanted to go and now it is in my area I will definitely be there! May spend a few nights at the hotel - will decide in a bit.

Rose's Wins
  Old  February 22nd, 2015, 2:56pm     #11
kbsocial
Grand Master Sweeper
Administrator
Queen Peep

Quote:
Really can't wait -- have always wanted to go and now it is in my area I will definitely be there! May spend a few nights at the hotel - will decide in a bit.
You'll have to give us the scoop on the best places to eat, drink and be merry in the area!!
  Old  February 22nd, 2015, 2:59pm     #12
Karen_246
Grand Master Sweeper
Senior Moderator/Editor
PITA

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbsocial View Post
You'll have to give us the scoop on the best places to eat, drink and be merry in the area!!
Yes!!!!!

KB broke me out of my shell within 2 minutes of me walking into that hotel

Come check out my blog, please follow if you would like. Looking to get the word out about your company, etsy shop, etc, please give me a shout as I am actively seeking sponsors for reviews and giveaways.
  Old  February 22nd, 2015, 3:54pm     #13
roserpa
Senior Master Sweeper

I posted a link on the things to do - suggestion was anyone that wants to go to Sam Adams for a tour -

I live on the North Shore of Boston and recommend anyone that will have a car to drive to Woodman's on the North Shore - can you say Fried Lobsta!!!

Trying to picture where the hotel is - will take a ride out that way when and IF () the snow melts and provide other places...

Rose's Wins
  Old  February 22nd, 2015, 4:53pm     #14
Karen_246
Grand Master Sweeper
Senior Moderator/Editor
PITA

Quote:
I posted a link on the things to do - suggestion was anyone that wants to go to Sam Adams for a tour -

I live on the North Shore of Boston and recommend anyone that will have a car to drive to Woodman's on the North Shore - can you say Fried Lobsta!!!

Trying to picture where the hotel is - will take a ride out that way when and IF () the snow melts and provide other places...
If ya do can ya let me know how easy it is to find the hotel (or how hard?). Of course we drove to Orlando last year, through Washington, Baltimore, Jacksonville at rush hour, so hoping it won't be as bad.

Old  August 22nd, 2015, 4:15pm     #15
ResourcePress
Grand Master Sweeper

Bumping this thread, as I could not remember if prizes are given away at the Thursday night kickoff party.
Was glad to be reminded by Carol that they are.

Karen, here are some directions via the Mass Pike...
From West
Take Route 90 (Massachusetts Turnpike) to the Prudential Center underground exit (exit 22). At the fork in the tunnel, follow the Prudential Center sign. Once above ground, you will be on Huntington Avenue. Turn right at the traffic light on Belvidere Street. The hotel entrance is on the corner of Belvidere and Dalton Street.
( I add this... exit 22 a is right exit with two lanes. Position yourself in the left of those two lanes as the Prudential turnoff is to the left. The Sheraton is one of the most convenient hotels from a the Mass Pike. Safe travels )

Can't wait to meet newbies Gloed and Rose.

TY TY TY to the Biron for hosting!

Wishing & hoping & thinking & praying, planning & dreaming... and entering!