Old  June 13th, 2005, 5:31pm     #1
kbsocial
Grand Master Sweeper
Administrator
Queen Peep

Big THANKS to JackpotJoe and the Quad City WINNERS!!
I've said various things in various posts but wanted to have one "mad props" thread for Joe and his club!

This was my first convention and I had an amazing time. Everything seemed to flow very well, the people were incredibly friendly, the prizes amazing and I just had a fantastic time!

My thought is that if you can walk away from a conference or convention learning at least one thing, it was well worth attending! I left having learned lots from seasoned sweepers, met some awesome people from all over the country and of course won some great prizes! I think attending has also renewed my spirit when it comes to entering. I spend so much time taking care of business on the site that I let my sweeping slack a lot - but its very inspiring to sit next to people who have won 11+ cars, houses, various trips, etc over the years and it got the "sweeping bug" back into my system!

Joe and club and I hope you guys can get caught up on sleep and get ready to have some fun in 2006!!!
  Old  June 13th, 2005, 10:26pm     #2
bewitched
Senior Master Sweeper

I keep meaning to post in this thread, but when I start I just can't find the right words. Nothing that I types does Joe and his crew justice.

Joe you put your heart and soul into this convention. I can't thank you enough for giving me a few days that I will remember forever.

Old  June 13th, 2005, 11:47pm     #3
Xan
Master Sweeper

I didn't get to take part in the prizes, and I still had a fantastic time!
It WAS very well organized and I also learned a lot. Thanks Joe and your whole club for bringing all of this together!
  Old  June 14th, 2005, 12:09am     #4
tamitho
Senior Sweeper

Jackpot Joe/Club - "Ditto" on comments made above. Thank you for putting together such a great convention! I had a wonderful time and I met so many nice people! Many wins to you all! -TamiTho
  Old  June 14th, 2005, 9:57am     #5
texaslady22
Master Sweeper

I had a wonderful time!! I could see with every event how much work you and your crew did...thank you for all of it!!

I'm eternally blessed! My Wins
  Old  June 14th, 2005, 10:50am     #6
sweeps aku
Master Sweeper

Ditto...A great convention! Well worth going!! Joe & the gang ran a great show!! All of the work it must have takin' blows me away. The fact that something that big came off seemingly without a hitch is wonderful & awe inspiring!! You have set a new standard for the conventions to follow!! BRAVO!!

LUCK & LOVE!
  Old  June 14th, 2005, 3:38pm     #7
JackpotJoe
Sweeper

Location: Quad City area Western Illinois/Eastern Iowa (Colona, IL)
Thanks for your comments
Thanks to all for your comments. You have assured me that our group has met our goal...and that is to give everyone an enjoyable time.

We were told by many people on the day after the San Diego convention that we had a challenge to top their convention. I told my group to forget it. San Diego had a great convention and all we need to do is put on the best convention we can and not try to
outdo anyone but just concentrate on us. And that is what we did. We decided
on a birthday theme. We wanted nothing but fun for all so that is what everyone got
fun, Fun, FUN!

Now, I get to enjoy another birthday...my b-day is this Friday, I wish I had all of you great people here to help me celebrate!

JackpotJoe's 2005 Wins
  Old  June 14th, 2005, 4:32pm     #8
risavjl
Master Sweeper

Joe your convention was tops in my book. Everything ran so smoothly I wondered at how you did it!!! Bravo to you and all the folks that volunteered to help. It made for a great 'my first' convention!

BTW that casserole on the chow line, what was it? It was delicious! Can I get a recipe?

risa
A dewdrop can exalt us like the music of the sun
yes
  Old  June 14th, 2005, 4:33pm     #9
tignor
Grand Master Sweeper

Happy mad toe-tasty birthday to you JackpotJoe! You are so awesome and if we had known it was your birthday Friday, we would have so thrown panties at you.

I can't say anything above what everyone else has said. I loved the convention.
  Old  June 14th, 2005, 7:13pm     #10
CARAN52
Master Sweeper

A Jackpot of a convention!!!
Even though I had seen all of the other 15 conventions come and go without being able to attend them, I made a point of putting the funds aside to attend this one. What a Jackpot of a decision. Jackpot Joe and your staff: you did an awesome job!!! It was 100% better than I could have ever imagined!! I purposely never ordered all of the other videos so that I could make a fresh impression in my little punkin head when I walked in this year. Was I ever surprised. And as a vendor I had an awesome time!! My body still is in shock from getting to bed 1 and 2 in the morning and being up at 5:30 a.m. to get ready for the day, but it was well worth it. I'll catch up on my sleep now.

Was greatful for all the hard work you guys put into such a memorable event!! I met soooo many people that I never thought I would and even more.

Carol, Bucks County, PA
  Old  June 14th, 2005, 7:16pm     #11
kbsocial
Grand Master Sweeper
Administrator
Queen Peep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARAN52
My body still is in shock from getting to bed 1 and 2 in the morning and being up at 5:30 a.m. to get ready for the day, but it was well worth it. I'll catch up on my sleep now.

Most mornings the time you were getting up is when I was going to bed
  Old  June 15th, 2005, 11:19am     #12
JackpotJoe
Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by risavjl
Joe your convention was tops in my book. Everything ran so smoothly I wondered at how you did it!!! Bravo to you and all the folks that volunteered to help. It made for a great 'my first' convention!

BTW that casserole on the chow line, what was it? It was delicious! Can I get a recipe?
I have some followup meetings with the Holiday Inn so I will ask for the recipie.

JackpotJoe's 2005 Wins
  Old  June 15th, 2005, 11:22am     #13
JackpotJoe
Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by tignor
Happy mad toe-tasty birthday to you JackpotJoe! You are so awesome and if we had known it was your birthday Friday, we would have so thrown panties at you.

I can't say anything above what everyone else has said. I loved the convention.
I guess I can wait for next year. Unless you all want to come to a mini convention we are planning for September.

JackpotJoe's 2005 Wins