Old  January 14th, 2005, 1:06am     #1
risavjl
Master Sweeper

Convention Car Pools/Rooms to Share
If anyone is going to the convention from the Green Bay or Fox Cities area I wouldn't mind an extra driver or three....Please PM me, I will be attending from Thurs-Sunday.

FYI I smoke and I smoke in the van.

risa
A dewdrop can exalt us like the music of the sun
yes
  Old  January 14th, 2005, 8:33am     #2
kbsocial
Grand Master Sweeper
Administrator
Queen Peep

Risa I hope you don't mind I added Rooms to Share to this so if people are looking to share a room or have a room to share they can post here as well

If you are offering a ride and/or room - please let us know when your vehicle/room is full
  Old  January 14th, 2005, 1:03pm     #3
risavjl
Master Sweeper

Gotcha KB. Good idea.

risa
A dewdrop can exalt us like the music of the sun
yes
  Old  January 14th, 2005, 1:34pm     #4
Xan
Master Sweeper

I would really like to attend this, but just heard about it today. So - I would be coming from Winterset, IA, southwest of Des Moines, and would be happy to share a room with someone. I'll be driving and have an Explorer, so anyone on the way is welcome to ride with me.
  Old  January 17th, 2005, 12:14am     #5
risingstar
Master Sweeper

If all goes well
I will be flying from Austin, TX. And I am looking for one to two people to share a the cost of a room! If need be we can rent a car and share costs there too!
  Old  January 17th, 2005, 4:10am     #6
mechurchlady
Gone Camping

Location: I am an OLS Citizen from Norwalk, California where there are lots of nuts.
Hugs to the wonderful KB.

I know some people may not be able to reserve a room in advance and that this Hotel will be filled up soon.

I have reserved 2 additional rooms.
They are on the first floor and are nonsmoking.
There are 2 double sized beds and a rollaway.
The cost per room is about $338.55 and is from 2 pm on the 8th of June to 11 am on the 13th of June. I feel $112.85 (one third each) for each person is fair even though one person would have to take a rollaway bed.

The hotel reservation lady said that we should be able to arrange for the hotel shuttle to take us to the convention center and possible elsewhere. This is a good option for those of us who have sweeper butts like myself. They also will pick you up at the airport.

I am doing this for the members who need a little help in organizing and with the budgeting. Let me know in a PM. I only bite Tommy lol.

I set up my own thread at http://www.online-sweepstakes.com/fo...94#post1836594 and please PM me if you have question or take your questions there. Hugs KB.

Last edited by mechurchlady; January 17th, 2005 at 10:00am.
  Old  January 17th, 2005, 9:43am     #7
kbsocial
Grand Master Sweeper
Administrator
Queen Peep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechurchlady
The hotel reservation lady said that we should be able to arrange for the hotel shuttle to take us to the convention center and possible elsewhere. This is a good option for those of us who have sweeper butts like myself. They also will pick you up at the airport.
If you are staying at the Quality Inn the convention is across the parking lot - no need for a shuttle
  Old  January 17th, 2005, 9:59am     #8
mechurchlady
Gone Camping

Location: I am an OLS Citizen from Norwalk, California where there are lots of nuts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbsocial
If you are staying at the Quality Inn the convention is across the parking lot - no need for a shuttle
The offer is for those who are handicapped KB as some people have difficulty walking a block let alone across the parking lot. It is there just in case. A reassurance for the elderly and disabled. Not all of us are young and spry young lasses like you KB.

Now I got to get to updating stuff. Hugs.
  Old  January 17th, 2005, 2:45pm     #9
Xan
Master Sweeper

I just reserved a room with two double beds at the Quality Inn. I reserved for Thurs Fri and Sat night. I want to be there on Wed night, but the special price didn't include that day. I CAN go back and change that, and am seriously considering it.
I currently smoke, but plan on quitting next week when I go in for surgery. Either way, smoking will not bother me, but I plan on not being a smoker by that time.
I'm very active and plan on not spending a whole lot of time in the motel. I usually crash by about 11, and rise early, but if there's something 'fun' going on at night, you can count on me being involved! I don't snore and I'm pretty good a picking up after myself.
I will be driving over from Winterset, and will have 4 extra places available in my Explorer.
So - if anyone needs a room, or wheels, just let me know.
  Old  January 17th, 2005, 2:51pm     #10
kbsocial
Grand Master Sweeper
Administrator
Queen Peep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
I usually crash by about 11, and rise early, but if there's something 'fun' going on at night, you can count on me being involved!
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh you will be changing your crash time - I think its usually between 3-5am the past get togethers I attended. However we may want to be more rested for a convention, but you will stay up a bit later than 11
  Old  January 17th, 2005, 9:24pm     #11
Xan
Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbsocial

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh you will be changing your crash time - I think its usually between 3-5am the past get togethers I attended. However we may want to be more rested for a convention, but you will stay up a bit later than 11
I'm counting on it!!
  Old  January 27th, 2005, 1:00pm     #12
TinyMoMo
Grand Master Sweeper

Anyone from Ohio wishing to attend?
I can drive if someone can share expenses with me, or even 3 or 4 people. I have a T&C Minivan that seats 7!
I cannot decide yet unless I have anyone to go with me. I cannot be alone on the road.
I am just outside of Columbus,OH
  Old  January 31st, 2005, 4:09pm     #13
Magwife
Sweeper

Convention
Hi,
This is magwife from Summerfield,NC ,near Greensbor NC/
I was wondering if there is anyone that lives in this area going to the covention?
I would like to find someone to share a room ,or even a ride there!Shared exp. of course!I'm on disablilty and eye site isn't good ,but can get around good and just needing to be able to go to the covention! I can Fly if need to be.I would appreciate if anyones email me if you can help me out!Thanks! Bonnie Harvey