Old  June 12th, 2017, 5:14pm     #2161
Curr4001
Master Sweeper

I am so upset right now
The past two years have been absolutely awful. Now to top everything else, my car was stolen last night. It's not a new car by any means but it has a chip key and I thought that made it more difficult to steal. Apparently that is just another urban legend to get people to feel better about spending an excessive amount for a duplicate key.

My budget is strained to the limit and I don't have family members with extra cars I can borrow to get back and forth to work. So my son will take me to work and my grandson will pick me up in the evening.

As the old saying goes "If I didn't have bad luck I wouldn't have any luck at all."

Old  June 17th, 2017, 3:18pm     #2162
Brittles
Master Sweeper

It's only 3:15 and today has not been going well. First I had to make my 3rd trip in the past 6 weeks to the vets office, this time bringing both of my cats because the older one still isn't 100% well after 2 rounds of antibiotics and the little one picked up whatever the older one has. Plus the little one was also diagnosed with a polyp in her left ear that may require difficult surgery. Then I got a call from the man who was supposed to be buying my dad's car saying he had to back out of the deal, so now the money I was counting on to pay some bills is lost for the time being. Then of course tomorrow is Father's Day, my first without my dad who died 6 months ago, so my mood was already blue before this other crap.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.
  Old  October 23rd, 2017, 2:50pm     #2163
LuckyButterfly47
Senior Sweeper

I hate fall and winter. The most depressing time of the year. It's dark 24/7 (it's only 2PM and I need a light on to see) and the trees and grass look dead. The birds have all gone south. It's so cold that I'm currently under 3 thick blankets and am still freezing. It's also really dry and my lips are cracked, my skin is flaking and my hair looks like straw. It's just going to get worse when we have to turn the furnace on (hopefully my dad will turn it on in the next few days - the high is suppose to be 39 on Friday, brrrrr). I'm not looking forward to snow. Yuk! A lot of my friends say fall is their favorite time of year and I have no idea why. I'm miserable this time of year. Why would anyone want it to be so dark out and for it to be freezing all the time? I'm already counting down the days until summer (actually, I'm counting down the days until my Caribbean vacation at the end of January).

Edit:

I won't clog this thread with another post so I'll just add on to this one. I am miserable but I don't think weather/change in season is the entire reason for it. I'm stressed out beyond belief right now. I'm not even sure where to begin.

The main thing that is stressing me out is that I need surgery. Back in July, my dentist told me that I need my wisdom teeth removed as one of them is starting to rot and the others will likely start doing the same. I'm on Medical Assistance and there are only 3 oral surgeons in the entire state that accept my insurance. My dentist referred me to two of them located in the Twin Cities - an hour drive one-way for me. I didn't really want to drive that far for surgery but I also don't want to spend a fortune on my teeth. Well, I called both surgeons and they both told me that they weren't taking new patients. Okay. I went back to my dentist and had him fill out a referral form for the 3rd and last oral surgeon in the state that will accept my insurance. When I called to make an appointment, they told me that they have a wait list of 2 YEARS!!! My wisdom teeth weren't bothering me so I figured I could wait the 2 years and added myself to the list. Well, over the past two weeks, my bottom right wisdom tooth has been bugging me a lot. It's not too painful or anything but I do get a little jaw pain on that side and I notice that food tends to get stuck in the gum around the tooth. It's not fully impacted but there's a part of the tooth sticking up. I just want to get this surgery over with so yesterday I contacted a local oral surgeon and asked how much it would cost without insurance. $3,000 It's a lot of money but I do have that much in savings. I was saving it to buy a new car but I guess that can wait. Anyways, I now have to call and make a consultation and I'm dreading it - both making the appointment and the actual consultation. I'm not sure if I should get the dentist to fill out a referral form or not. I could just go to the consultation and see what the surgeon has to say about my wisdom teeth without even mentioning my dentist. I have to get new x-rays anyways and I really don't want to bug the dentist again and make him fill out another form. I could also fill out the form myself. Not sure if that's allowed but there's no where on the form where the dentist has to sign it. I could just fill it out on their website - put in my info, what teeth need to be pulled and list the dentist's name/number and submit it. How would they know who filled it out? I'm sure my dentist would refer me to them if I asked anyways. Ugh, I just don't know. I'd like to get the consultation appointment made by tomorrow and hopefully get the surgery by the end of November. I want it over with. Whenever my teeth or jaw hurts, I start to worry about my wisdom teeth. I just want them gone ASAP. I would also like to know how much it will really cost and get that paid for so I don't have to worry about it.

The second thing I'm stressing about is that my parents put their house up for sale. I'm living with them and pay them rent plus we split the bills like electric, cable, internet, phone, food, heat, garbage, etc. The plan is to buy a duplex closer to my parents' work. Right now, my parents drive 1 hour each way to work and they hate it. They want to live within 10 minutes from their employers. They listed the house for sale in September and got a bunch of showings right away but haven't gotten a single showing in the past 2 weeks. We already found a house we love - it's 5 minutes from my mom's work and 7 minutes from my dad's work. I'm going to live upstairs and my parents are going to live in the walk-out basement. Unfortunately, my parents can't put in an offer on the new house until they sell the one we live in now. We were hoping to get moved before the holiday season but now I don't think we'll even sell the house before Christmas. I not in a huge hurry to move, however, I'm sick and tired of the house selling process. It sucks trying to keep everything spotless all the time. It also sucks to get excited about a showing only to get bad feedback from that showing. I wish the house would sell soon so we can get into the new place and start getting settled. I have a few ideas of how I want to decorate but I can't really do any planning until we get an offer. Although I'm a little stressed out about buying/selling the house, I'm even more stressed out about the whole wisdom tooth thing. Once that's out of the way, I can relax just a bit. I'm not too worried about the house - if we have to live here for another year, that's fine. I would just rather move sooner than later.

Sorry for the long post, I'm done ranting for tonight. Off to bed - tomorrow is another dark, gloomy, cold, windy fall day plus I need to make a consultation appointment with the oral surgeon. How fun -- NOT!!

Last edited by LuckyButterfly47; October 24th, 2017 at 2:22am. Reason: Rambling & Ranting

Luckybutterfly's 2018 Win List
  Old  December 31st, 2017, 10:39am     #2164
melonhed
Grand Master Sweeper

The vodka overpowered the sparkling wine in my jello shots.

#teamtopknot
  Old  January 14th, 2018, 3:23pm     #2165
bigskwinner
Grand Master Sweeper

people CAN read, they can READ the rules themselves without you posting bs fear mongering sh*t .......... or maybe you should READ the rules yourself because I'm tired of the stuff thats falsely posted

this site is spam, there's 5 pages of things you ahve to answer before you get to the entry form,

no ones EVER won from them (NOT JUST YOU'VE NEVER WON FROM THEM)

ETC ETC

mother of god..... where's the head banging icon?

my wins 2014
MY 2016 wins
MY 2017 wins
mY 2018 Wins
you JELLY?
  Old  January 26th, 2018, 3:03am     #2166
LuckyButterfly47
Senior Sweeper

Just need to vent a little. I'm so stressed out. We are selling our house - got a full-price offer on Sunday night and accepted Monday. Closing is March 30th. We need to find a house to buy so we don't become homeless, however, there is nothing on the market in our budget that even closely resembles what we are looking for. We are looking for a 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom, ranch style house with a 3 car garage on 1/2-1 acre within 10 miles of town for $200,000 or less. You wouldn't think that would be hard to find being that we live in the midwest but there is absolutely nothing out there. The other day we looked at a 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom 2-story house with a one stall garage on barely 1/2 acrea. The house was a dump and they want $150,000 for it! What's worse is that's the cheapest 3 bedroom home on 1/2 acre or more that we can find listed. I don't know what we are going to do. The realtor said that the market should pick up in a few months and I sure hope that's the case. I'm really getting tired of living in limbo.

Also, in 2 weeks, we are going on vacation for 3 weeks. We booked this vacation a year and a half ago. It's a cruise and it's non-refundable. When we listed the house, we didn't realize it would take so long to sell (5 months). We thought we'd be all moved into our new house before Christmas. So now, we are selling a house, buying a house and going on vacation all at the same time.

On top of all of this, I decided to start a new business a few weeks ago. I'm selling customized t-shirts, mugs, pillows, leggings, hoodies, etc on Etsy and Amazon. At least I can put my Etsy store on vacation mode and Amazon runs itself but I still don't like the idea of abandoning my new business for 3 weeks. However, I'm very much looking forward to taking a break and relaxing on the beach with a margarita. Gosh I need it. I'm so stressed lately that I can't sleep and I've been eating so much junk food. Not good for me at all.

Old  May 14th, 2018, 3:55pm     #2167
obxhatteraslight
Grand Master Sweeper

b/c I got poked for a blood draw and she searched around for a site like she was on a cave expedition IT HURT

Old  May 21st, 2018, 4:26pm     #2168
LuckyButterfly47
Senior Sweeper

I just have to vent a little. I'm letting my parents stay with me while they remodel their apartment. I love my parents but I am so ready for them to go back to their place. Every day, my mom comes home from work, sits on the couch and turns on the TV. I work from home and need as much peace and quiet as possible. I can't work with the TV on, it is too distracting. I can't go into my office because my parents are using it as their bedroom so I've got my desk in the living room. It's like that episode of How I Met Your Mother when Robyn keeps watching Wheel of Fortune while Ted's trying to work. I've told my mom many times that I can't work with the TV on, yet she continues to turn it on as soon as she gets home. Sometimes she'll use her wireless headphones but the moving pictures still distract me. I should be working right now but I know when she gets home in 5 minutes, the TV will be turned on and I won't be able to get any more work done. And it's on all night, until she goes to bed. I've been staying up late the last couple nights to try to get some work done when it's quiet and there are no distractions. I just don't get much done when I'm tired. Anyways, it's not a 3rd world problem or anything. I'm just annoyed that I can't get any work done after 3:30 PM. Only 2 more months and my parent's apartment remodel should be completed and I'll have my house back again. I can't wait!

Old  May 30th, 2018, 9:17am     #2169
mcclave
Grand Master Sweeper

I'm ready to give up this hobby! My luck is sh** lately! 3 months and not a single win. Longest dry spell ever.

Since my husband died my whole life has changed. My son his wife and 4 grandkids have moved in with me. That's a good thing cause at least they are helping me with the bills and I love my grandchildren.
It means though that I have to work extra hard now to try and keep up with sweeps cause there is so little time anymore.

Not only have I lost over half my income ALL the work to keep this place up has fallen to me. Thank God I enjoy hard work and am able to do it cause that's what it is. I'm not complaining just stating a fact.

I seem to be behind all the time now on entering the new sweeps and there are days I'm too tired to enter at all. My whole schedule is screwed up and it piss** me off.

(&^&^%^%$$#%$^(*&**^%%$@!$(&_)_(*%$%$#$@ That's what I think about not winning after all my hard work!! It's the only thing I'm venting about cause the rest of my life is good.

EDIT: there was a GC I forgot about that I sold.

Old  May 30th, 2018, 4:49pm     #2170
Brittles
Master Sweeper

I wanted to post in the I Cried Today thread, but since no one has posted in there for more then 6 months it's not allowing anymore posts. So I'm venting about the fact that I can't post there and the reason I wanted to post there is because I just learned that a dear friend of mine died this morning.

Old  May 30th, 2018, 5:02pm     #2171
Karen_246
Grand Master Sweeper
Senior Moderator/Editor
PITA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brittles View Post
I wanted to post in the I Cried Today thread, but since no one has posted in there for more then 6 months it's not allowing anymore posts. So I'm venting about the fact that I can't post there and the reason I wanted to post there is because I just learned that a dear friend of mine died this morning.
I'm sorry about the loss of your friend.

I bumped that thread up so you can post in it.

"Once we choose HOPE, EVERYTHING is POSSIBLE" ~ Christopher Reeve
Come check out my blog, please follow if you would like. Looking to get the word out about your company, etsy shop, etc, please give me a shout as I am actively seeking sponsors for reviews and giveaways.
  Old  May 30th, 2018, 5:17pm     #2172
Brittles
Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen_246 View Post
I'm sorry about the loss of your friend.

I bumped that thread up so you can post in it.
Thanks Karen!

Old  June 5th, 2018, 10:21pm     #2173
dopey
Grand Master Sweeper

Oh come on already, it's been 2 days and at most she has 3 offers on her crummy house. It's not sentimental value, it's a rental property. Make a decision already. Grrrrrrrr.

https://ibotta.com/r/rztlcw
  Old  June 7th, 2018, 1:35pm     #2174
Brittles
Master Sweeper

I work for a Dr., his sister-in-law called Tuesday morning wanting to make an appointment. Spent a long time going over the days and hrs. he's in, then went back and forth over various dates trying to get her to choose one and after several minutes of this she STILL couldn't make up her mind and the last thing she said was she'd call back and let me know which day she wanted for NEXT week. Told her fine, you can call me back on Thursday (we are closed Wed.) and let me know what you decide. So she calls just now and says "you know I'm coming in today" and I'm like "no, I don't know" and she's saying she thought she told me that she wanted today and I said "no, you were going to let me know what day you wanted for next week". Back forth again with her and I wind up having to put her in today which means I'll now be stuck here later then planned. If she wasn't related to my boss I'd have told her I didn't have the time for her today and make her pick another one.

Old  June 13th, 2018, 4:16pm     #2175
duknuk
Grand Master Sweeper

....duknuk's chicks are here!