Grand Master Sweeper
Administrator
Queen Peep

I am mad at the world today..
New year, new thread
  Old  January 4th, 2010, 10:14pm     #2
ehavenchk
Master Sweeper

I'm mad at the world because I didn't get a SNUGGIE for Christmas!!. And I didn't even want one until I found out it seems everyone else on OLS got one!

Was laying on the couch before dinner and freezing my azz off..thought to myself a Snuggie would be just the ticket right about now.
  Old  January 5th, 2010, 1:08pm     #3
Ravin
Grand Master Sweeper

I bought some of the parrots food December 27, thinking well it will ship the 28th and still should be here before New Years eve, it normally only takes a couple days. Apparently UPS didn't feel like working much last week. It didn't move from shortly after midnight the 29th it sat there. I thought ok well they won't work New Years eve or day so it will be here Monday, yeah right.

“Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth.” Buddha
  Old  January 5th, 2010, 2:56pm     #4
margarita_mama
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravin View Post
I bought some of the parrots food December 27, thinking well it will ship the 28th and still should be here before New Years eve, it normally only takes a couple days. Apparently UPS didn't feel like working much last week. It didn't move from shortly after midnight the 29th it sat there. I thought ok well they won't work New Years eve or day so it will be here Monday, yeah right.
I hear ya on the UPS thing. I ordered some stuff on Amazon Dec. 26. Got the emails that they were shipped on the 27th and By tracking, I have two boxes sitting at my local UPS station (scanned in) on Dec. 30, in the wee early hours of the morning. Still don't have them.
Today, one shows still sitting there and one shows on its way to being delivered. I think they got lazy over the holidays.

My Motherload of Wins
  Old  January 6th, 2010, 7:24pm     #5
yellowsnider
Senior Master Sweeper

so disapointed
My dh and I work at the same place. Our corporate office was running a contest based on sales, those who exceeded their goal got an entry based on every percent over goal. The prize was a trip to hawaii for valentines day. DH closed a huge deal and he had 2/3rds of the entries. They chose the winners and no one from our location won, and DH was not even on the list for some reason his sale was not included for entries... i guess they are looking into it, but it sucks. Would have been nice to go to hawaii
  Old  January 9th, 2010, 3:25pm     #6
HistoryMystery
Grand Master Sweeper

Seriously? I can only dumb down my explanation so much before it gets to the point where I'm not even explaining anything to you any more. And when you keep cutting me off with "yeah, okay," then doing the thing I just explained NOT to do, it's no wonder that I want to stop talking altogether.

Secondly, I see that you're asking how to cheat the system. I know those questions; I've heard them from other people who try to cheat the system. If you're a little more responsible and try to turn things in on time, you wouldn't have to cheat anything!

Sorry! It seems that all the stupid came out today.
  Old  January 9th, 2010, 6:36pm     #7
tamiwami
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by margarita_mama View Post
I hear ya on the UPS thing. I ordered some stuff on Amazon Dec. 26. Got the emails that they were shipped on the 27th and By tracking, I have two boxes sitting at my local UPS station (scanned in) on Dec. 30, in the wee early hours of the morning. Still don't have them.
Today, one shows still sitting there and one shows on its way to being delivered. I think they got lazy over the holidays.
I am waiting on an Ipod touch that was shipped UPS ground on Wednesday from California. The webside said it was re-routed/delayed or something. Won't get it until Tuesday. SIX DAYS? What the hell? USPS would have been faster.

You can be the juiciest peach in the orchard, and there still will be someone that doesn't like peaches.
  Old  January 9th, 2010, 7:50pm     #8
noni1959
Senior Master Sweeper

A motorcycle came flying around the bend off the narrow county road leading to my private lane. He was going so fast he crossed into my lane and almost hit me head on! I jerked to the right and went off scraping the bottom on my Mini Cooper! Yet the ass turned around and followed me getting along side yelling I almost hit him! I'm not feeling good today so no fear and told the dufus to pull over. He took off flipping me off. Seems the idiot virus hit full force today.
  Old  January 9th, 2010, 8:02pm     #9
secular
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiwami View Post
I am waiting on an Ipod touch that was shipped UPS ground on Wednesday from California. The webside said it was re-routed/delayed or something. Won't get it until Tuesday. SIX DAYS? What the hell? USPS would have been faster.
I do not like FEDEX. Sorry.
  Old  January 10th, 2010, 1:12am     #10
Miki
Grand Master Sweeper

I've had to put $300 worth of propane in the tank in about a week and a 1/2 due to this crazy cold weather. That is not really my complaint, my complaint is that the colder the weather, the higher the propane costs.

I'm sure by monday we'll need to buy more. One great thing we are thankful for is we have a friend who works for the propane company now so he will bring us as much or as little we can afford at the time. He also pressure tested our lines for free when we ran out (normally $75) the last time. If he didn't, they will only deliver if you purchase 100 or more gallons. Yesterday, we left him $100 and it paid for 38 gallons.

So, my biggest complaint is how companies take advantage of situations and raise costs. It turns my stomache to think of how many people out there are freezing because, they cannot afford fuel for heating.

Another minor complaint is, I have a million cuts on my hands from work and they won't stop itching!

SWAGBUCKS
"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley
  Old  January 10th, 2010, 2:12am     #11
noni1959
Senior Master Sweeper

Miki, slather on pertroleum jelly or vaseline. Your hands are dried out and cracked probably from handling and washing too much. Wear gloves to bed with tons of it on. If you don't have any, put on olive oil.
  Old  January 10th, 2010, 9:32am     #12
meeeee
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miki View Post
I've had to put $300 worth of propane in the tank in about a week and a 1/2 due to this crazy cold weather. That is not really my complaint, my complaint is that the colder the weather, the higher the propane costs.

I'm sure by monday we'll need to buy more. One great thing we are thankful for is we have a friend who works for the propane company now so he will bring us as much or as little we can afford at the time. He also pressure tested our lines for free when we ran out (normally $75) the last time. If he didn't, they will only deliver if you purchase 100 or more gallons. Yesterday, we left him $100 and it paid for 38 gallons.

So, my biggest complaint is how companies take advantage of situations and raise costs. It turns my stomache to think of how many people out there are freezing because, they cannot afford fuel for heating.

Another minor complaint is, I have a million cuts on my hands from work and they won't stop itching!
propane cost are an issue

sometimes DHS will fill one time or united way....
  Old  January 10th, 2010, 2:57pm     #13
Miki
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by noni1959 View Post
Miki, slather on pertroleum jelly or vaseline. Your hands are dried out and cracked probably from handling and washing too much. Wear gloves to bed with tons of it on. If you don't have any, put on olive oil.
Some of it is from washing my hands constantly and using sanitizer but, a lot of them are from the sharp bones. Not complaining though, just happy to be working even if only temporary. My complaint is the itching, blah! I grabbed my bottle of Skin MD though and it seems to be helping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meeeee View Post
propane cost are an issue

sometimes DHS will fill one time or united way....
There is a program about 30 miles from my house that helps in this county. I'm not sure about the qualifications though and I have personally considered checking into it. We had a mutual friend who is elderly and he used the program. We didn't ask about it because, it was private.

SWAGBUCKS
"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley
  Old  January 10th, 2010, 8:50pm     #14
noni1959
Senior Master Sweeper

Stop talking to me after I've told you I lost my voice. Whispering and trying to do hand
gesters are hurting me too (soon only one gester is going to happen)

I'm sick today and whiney. Full lungs, eyes hurt, chills, achy.......
  Old  January 10th, 2010, 9:07pm     #15
Beth
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by noni1959 View Post
Stop talking to me after I've told you I lost my voice. Whispering and trying to do hand
gesters are hurting me too (soon only one gester is going to happen)

I'm sick today and whiney. Full lungs, eyes hurt, chills, achy.......
I hope you feel better soon!