Old  September 14th, 2018, 7:52pm     #1
gummybear2010
Master Sweeper

lost a long term job to harassment and discrimination
where to start
I am a 54 year old female machinist.I set up dies punch presses run the jobs etc.I worked at a company for 11 years and two men superior to me harassed me so bad I developed thyroid disease an almost died.

they tampered with my car,called me an old ugly and lesbian. I am not bi sexual or gay made fun of my looks im super tall 5"11 spread rumors to co workers that I was talking about them forcing co workers to bully me

this went on for a very long time.One of the worker who was harassing me threatened me. I reported this to human resources 4 times He tampered with my die causing my hand to almost break.

He cussed at me and told me he and the supervisor had been doing black magic on me for a year to lose everything

my shop became so hostile against me I was forced to resign my union did nothing although i had documented everything.I was told I was a lier and unstable I have nothing mentally wrong and never seen a doctor or hospital for anything other than extreme thyroid disease 3 years ago

I filed charges with the EEOC then they decided they were not taking my case because no one would be a witness that was still working there

I was making $21 an hour

that was 3 months ago I applied for unemployment for constructive discharge after I reported these 2 men they made it so hostile they sought to harm me physically and made alot of threats

unemployment denied appeals denied i recorded on my phone all the human resources complaints

I went to catholic churches for help with my rent and landlord still evicting me

SO it gets worse now

I have sent out over 200 resumes since June 20 2018 the only job offers are low paying temp service

so I took a job that was suppose to be for $13 an hour running a thread rolling machine so temp service first week take $40 out of my check for back ground check then pays me lower $11 an hour and refuses to give me the money owed at wages promised.

I have a recording app on my phone that records everything I say. It was clearly agreed what my wage at this shop was I was to get and yet they refuse to pay me and then fired me for asking for my money.

Every direct hire job I apply for never responds I have long term jobs of 11 years 10 years etc highly skilled machinist resume

Legal Aid would not help me with the job situation. The retaliation that followed after going to Human Resources was horrendous the bullying things being thrown at me cussed at

how do I get paid from the temp service they refuse to pay me yet they acknowledged I was paid a wrong wage on the phone

UPDATE AS OF NOV 2 2018
Well here is a break down I still have not found a job 4 months since I was forced out of my long term job for harassment. No unemployment no money at all Coming in
im registered with 11 temp services as soon as they send my resume to prospective employers im told were sorry shes over qualified

I have had no luck ive applied for cleaning jobs. Ive applied for general labor.
I am a machinist die setter and because im 54 years of age im being turned down left and right for jobs

i can no longer lift heavy have had a lot of surgeries on my neck so heavy lifting like stocking is un do able

the no thank you has left me with im going to have my car repoed and lose my place to live i was able to work short term for a 3 week assignment for pay so low 18 year olds made more money

life has become way to hard

lawyers have refused to take my case

woman rights lawyers still reviewing my situation but even thats going to take up to a year or more if they follow it thru.

food stamps is all im eligible for

life looking very bleak i have no options I did apply at walmart was turned down

Last edited by gummybear2010; November 2nd, 2018 at 2:29pm.
  Old  September 14th, 2018, 8:40pm     #2
QBookie
Master Sweeper

Lightbulb
My heart breaks for you. I realize you are as on top of it as you can be. If you could tell us, here on OLS, on FB or other Social Media, what location you want to work, maybe someone who knows someone will reach out to you.

Honey, Ain't Nothin' Ever Gonna Be Like It Was Before.
  Old  September 14th, 2018, 9:07pm     #3
viclen1954
Master Sweeper

This entire situation is why there are employment and civil rights attorneys. Get one. Yesterday.

My Wins
  Old  September 14th, 2018, 9:18pm     #4
gummybear2010
Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by viclen1954 View Post
this entire situation is why there are employment and civil rights attorneys. Get one. Yesterday.
tried for 5 months no one will take my case unless i pay them

I have no money no job no unemployment

THE EEOC Says no due to no one willing to stand up

legal aid said no
refereed me to several lawyers they all said no did not matter how much I have documented Plus I recorded all the meeting on my phone what was said and done in human resources

I am getting no help at all
  Old  September 14th, 2018, 9:53pm     #5
plazamama
Senior Master Sweeper

The only thing I know to do is to take it to a newspaper for exposure. I would've suggested a legal-aid organization, but you did that.
So sorry.
Stay with us and let us know what's happening.
  Old  September 14th, 2018, 10:31pm     #6
viclen1954
Master Sweeper

Have you contacted the firm of Margolius, et al? They practice under contingency, they dont get paid unless you win. I can say recording phone conversations are not the best practice. Written documentation, with dates and names and any witnesses, is the gold standard of proof. You must be very detailed, coherent, and articulate regarding allegations and retaliation charges. Not having your union support is a red flag, sadly. Your EEOC denial opinion has appeal language in it. Have you missed your appeal deadline? Any attorney who practices employment law should be interested. Best of luck, the law is fickle.

My Wins
  Old  September 15th, 2018, 12:20am     #7
john1948
Master Sweeper

This is what I would do, I would write out a letter detailing all, then have someone edit it real good, then Post it here. http://www.ohiohouse.gov/stephen-d-hambley/contact
Then here , https://www.whitehouse.gov/contact/

[jericho season 1]
  Old  September 15th, 2018, 12:20am     #8
redfantum
Senior Master Sweeper

I am so sorry. I am going through something similar though not as bad. I have no way to help you and no advice, but I really hope the best for you.

"Idiocracy". It's a movie, not an instruction manual.
  Old  September 15th, 2018, 12:34am     #9
gummybear2010
Master Sweeper

Thank you
  Old  September 15th, 2018, 9:46am     #10
Urlik
Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by gummybear2010 View Post
so I took a job that was suppose to be for $13 an hour running a thread rolling machine so temp service first week take $40 out of my check for back ground check then pays me lower $11 an hour and refuses to give me the money owed at wages promised.

I have a recording app on my phone that records everything I say. It was clearly agreed what my wage at this shop was I was to get and yet they refuse to pay me and then fired me for asking for my money.
You only possible help with this is through your state if they have a law about paying promised wage rate. Federal law has nothing about enforcing civil agreements on wage rates like this so the Department of Labor can't help you.

My 2018 Wins
  Old  September 15th, 2018, 12:25pm     #11
gummybear2010
Master Sweeper

This temp service refused to pay me after it was brought to there attention

Now I'm fighting for another weeks pay they don't want to pay at all
I just don't need this stress so much has happened cannot pay my bills

There needs to be laws in place on temp services refusing to pay what you earn
  Old  September 15th, 2018, 1:00pm     #12
irish501
Master Sweeper

Angry Sorry
I am so sorry that this is happening to you! It is so unfair! Have you tried contacting one of your local tv stations?
  Old  September 15th, 2018, 1:20pm     #13
Brittles
Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish501 View Post
I am so sorry that this is happening to you! It is so unfair! Have you tried contacting one of your local tv stations?
That's a good idea. I don't know where the OP lives, but around here WPIX has a Help Me Howard segment that has helped a lot of people with various issues.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.
  Old  September 15th, 2018, 4:03pm     #14
AlwaysLearning
Sweeper

I hope GummyBear finds a job soon. This stuff goes on all the time and many times the perps get away with it because it's a he said/she said.

This won't help GummyBear now, but folks, invest in a good pair of spy glasses. It sounds crazy, but I bought a pair on the Internet for $100 a couple of years ago. They are very high quality frames, take very high quality video and audio in color, and can record up to nine hours on battery. They look like real glasses and the camera lens is completely invisible, I swear. They can be turned on with a sly click on the side. It just looks like you're adjusting your glasses.

Wear them when you're at work, out shopping, on a plane, while driving, or anywhere else (where it's legal). Had GummyBear been wearing a pair, she would not have the issues she's having. It can save you a lot of money and hassle if you're hassled. And if you're lucky enough to catch something outrageous in public, put it on YouTube, and if it goes viral, you can make a lot of money.

Last edited by AlwaysLearning; September 15th, 2018 at 8:43pm.
  Old  September 15th, 2018, 4:43pm     #15
bomar97
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysLearning View Post
I hope GummyBear finds a job soon. This stuff goes on all the time and many times the perps get away with it because it's a he said/she said.

This won't help GummyBear now, but folks, invest in a good pair of spy glasses. It sounds crazy, but I bought a pair on the Internet for $100 a couple of years ago. They are very high quality frames, take very high quality video and audio in color, and can record up to nine hours on battery. They look like real glasses and the camera lens is completely invisible, I swear. They can be turned on with a sly click on the side. It just looks like you're adjusting your glasses.

Wear them when you're at work, out shopping, on a plane, while driving, or anywhere else (where it's legal). Had GummyBear been wearing a pair, she would not have the issues she's having. It can save you a lot of money and hassle if you're hassled. And if you're lucky enough to catch something outrageous in public, put it on YouTube, and it goes viral, you can make a lot of money.
This seems to be the only way. I've had a many job interview where I wish I had something recorded when I was told they wouldn't hire me to my face and why ( which was only once, but no way to even prove anything )..

Earn cash back while shopping with ebates - my referral https://www.ebates.com/r/BOMER92