Old  September 28th, 2010, 7:57pm     #16
HistoryMystery
Grand Master Sweeper

Nope. It's more fun some days than others, but if it ever felt like a chore or like something I "had" to do, I'd stop doing it. It's a hobby.
  Old  September 28th, 2010, 8:08pm     #17
caseycupcake
Grand Master Sweeper

yes
  Old  September 28th, 2010, 8:22pm     #18
lindalou1
Master Sweeper

I was lucky enough to have my hours increased at work, but now I dont have much time to enter sweeps. So YES it is starting to feel like a full time job to me. I just went in and deleted a bunch of dailies, I dont want to spend so much time on the computer...
  Old  September 28th, 2010, 8:45pm     #19
luckysluna
Sweeper

I don't have a job right now, so it is my way to contribute and give to those I love, so I do see it like a part time job.

"Win as if you were used to it, lose as if you enjoyed it for a change.-Emerson
  Old  September 28th, 2010, 8:46pm     #20
cyt
Senior Master Sweeper

I wish!

Click here to check out my eBay listings http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZcyt51!
  Old  September 28th, 2010, 8:46pm     #21
Julianne530
Master Sweeper

A few years ago I spent way too much time on it. So I gave it up for over a year, only checking in on some old sweeping buddies from time to time.

However, I got a jar of food recently that had a sweep on it that was to a destination that I really would love to visit. So I entered it.

Then about a month later, there was a recipe contest to win something I was needing, a dutch oven, and things have been really tight so I cannot afford to buy one. So I entered it. Afterall, that is what I have been doing during this break from sweeping...growing an Italian organic garden and cooking/baking all things Italian and sharing all of those recipes/photos with my family and friends!!! LOL!

I have never entered a voting contest before that I can recall. Oh my goodness, if one is honest and truly voting for others in the threads too...it takes a LOT of time everyday. Partly because my laptop died over a year ago, so I am back on my desktop that I bought in 2000 and it has kept a kicking! My kids have always used it too!!! Anyhow, this computer is slower than molasses if the website tries to load an application first. :/

So this week during a voting phase, it is a full-time JOB. I don't really have any free time to enter sweeps. However, here is hoping I will from time to time throughout this next year!!! I miss the UPS man and FED EX men visiting our house!!!

Old  September 28th, 2010, 9:29pm     #22
nascarfan829
Sweeper

I look at it as a way to pass the time ...... I got laid off in March, and there really isnt any jobs available in this area.....my son-in-law came back from Afghanistan so my daughter and two granddaughters moved back to Ft. Bragg.....my son went back to college and my youngest son moved out so my nest is empty I have always been a caretaker and dont know what to do with myself...without much money to go out I find myself on here entering sweeps and spending time in the forums just to pass the time! Im hoping that eventually some wins will come my way .... dont laugh but the two main things I am hoping for right now are from blogs .... Flexi-8 hair comb thingys and a Brugo travel mug!
  Old  September 28th, 2010, 10:07pm     #23
LadyCat
Grand Master Sweeper

Job no frustrating hobby at times Yes with money being tight these days i have won some things i need or can use stilll entering for those elusive -just cant seem t WIN things i would love but can not afford to buy
  Old  September 28th, 2010, 10:09pm     #24
isavegas
Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckysluna View Post
I don't have a job right now, so it is my way to contribute and give to those I love, so I do see it like a part time job.
Ditto! Best of luck to everyone here!!

My eBay
My ols FSOT
My Facebbook
  Old  September 28th, 2010, 10:15pm     #25
carcon
Senior Master Sweeper

Funny I always tell people it's my part time job!

You've got to to prime the pump, you've got to have faith and believe
You've got to give of yourself before your worthy to receive!
  Old  September 28th, 2010, 10:16pm     #26
salemnana
Master Sweeper

I go through cycles - sometimes I enter like mad and then will slow down for awhile. It really depends on if there are some good sweeps running. Also, I just had a major win last month that gets me re-energized. I have the computer in the TV room, so instead of just watching I feel I am being somewhat productive.

'Sometimes,' said Pooh, 'the smallest things take up the most room in your heart.'
  Old  September 28th, 2010, 10:52pm     #27
sadkins
Senior Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by implode View Post
I spend 3-4 hours a day, but have never rationalized it as being a job. To me to think of it as a job is kinda insane.
Me too!
  Old  September 28th, 2010, 11:17pm     #28
luckywishes
Senior Master Sweeper

Its more of a hobby to me.

Check out my review blog www.chattypattysplace.com
  Old  September 28th, 2010, 11:33pm     #29
diyer
Senior Sweeper

It's a job, with some thrills
I have tried several part time jobs. They all require a commitment to be there at a certain time, on time. By the time you add up your preparation for work, commute, etc, you don't really make that much. You also can't miss a day.

I started sweeping a few years ago. Some big wins, some small ones, but I have the choice to do it, or not. I may not make much per hour, but it is a reasonable job while you have a minute or two.

I use this same logic on repairs around the house. If I do a car repair, I have "made" the equivalent to what I would have paid someone else, with a bonus of not paying income taxes on that money.

Carl
  Old  September 28th, 2010, 11:35pm     #30
dovie
Senior Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistoryMystery View Post
Nope. It's more fun some days than others, but if it ever felt like a chore or like something I "had" to do, I'd stop doing it. It's a hobby.
Ditto that.

MY LOONYVERSE
TIPS ON WINNING

Tags
full-time, job, part-time