Old  April 11th, 2012, 11:40am     #16
caseycupcake
Grand Master Sweeper

I used to enter all my dailies every day. But after nearly 10 years of sweeping, burn out has caught up with me. I now have about 10 dailies that I faithfully enter. The other 300+ are saved in my sweeps that I might get to, when the mood strikes.

These days, if I can get 2 entries into a daily sweep, I'm happy. Sure, I might win a daily or two if I maxed out on the possible entries, but it's just not worth it anymore.
  Old  April 11th, 2012, 11:41am     #17
bigskwinner
Grand Master Sweeper

oh with the likes and such, for the new ones that I have to do, I like, then go to the page and make sure I unsubscribe so that their posts are hidden or I make sure I hide all of the posts that are not wanted (which is 99% of them)
I quite doing the twitter follow ones, they never follow back so its not worth the stress (I kept hitting the 2000 limit and had to keep deleting)

my wins 2014
MY 2016 wins
MY 2017 wins
mY 2018 Wins
you JELLY?
  Old  April 11th, 2012, 11:51am     #18
ppammela
Gone Camping

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigskwinner View Post
oh with the likes and such, for the new ones that I have to do, I like, then go to the page and make sure I unsubscribe so that their posts are hidden or I make sure I hide all of the posts that are not wanted (which is 99% of them)
I quite doing the twitter follow ones, they never follow back so its not worth the stress (I kept hitting the 2000 limit and had to keep deleting)
See thats what I mean though, that adds more time to sweeping lol. First entering the blog, hitting all the likes, then going to their page to set them up so they are not swamping your feed..... I dont mind ones that update like, once a day, but some of these blogs updates every hour it seems and it starts to get ridiculous. Then there is the "ok which ones do I need to delete now that the sweep is over?". I enter a lot of facebook sweeps as well as randomly like pages... so it would get pretty confusing for me. Writing them down as I go... again, adding more time to sweeping. And round and round you go lol.

I like sweeping because it's an easy, quick hobby (I can do my 800-1500 sweeps in under two hours) that usually has some amazing results (prizes). I dont want to spend hours and hours doing it though. And I am such a stickler for making sure I enter every day lol, there is no way I could just skip some sweeps every day lol.

I really dont see how people who say they spend 5-6 hours a day entering, keep it up. I would get burned out pretty quick lol. Every time I see someone post that they spend that long entering 100 or so sweeps, I just want to sit them down and find out what routine they are using and tweak it for them, no way should someone have to spend that amount of time entering so few sweeps lol.

ETA; I have heard that about twitter, which is why I dont do them. A lot of people have complained about unfair competition, being screwed out of prizes (had the most retweets only to have someone else declared the winner), and constantly hitting the limit or being locked out. Too much hassle for me lol.
  Old  May 2nd, 2012, 5:52pm     #19
pfisterfarm
Sweeper

Just curious... how can you enter 800-1500 sweeps in under 2 hours?
  Old  May 2nd, 2012, 7:22pm     #20
jhannum44
Senior Master Sweeper

I enter most of the dailies once or twice unless it's something I really want.
I do about two weeks of those.

Fabulous people rock topknots and red ljpstick!
  Old  May 2nd, 2012, 7:38pm     #21
PirateB
Master Sweeper

Not all of them, unless I'm really bored. I do make sure to enter the ones I really really want (big GCs or trips) every day.
  Old  May 2nd, 2012, 7:53pm     #22
vetstadium
Master Sweeper

I used to
I save them and intend to but lucky to enter a daily one more then 2 or 3 times, I just don't have the time. I do make it an effort to enter everyday all the new sweeps at least once though.

4 trips (3 HOF), St Lucia, Paris, Orlando, St Petersberg
MY ONLINE WINS SINCE 2007
RADIO WINS
  Old  May 2nd, 2012, 8:01pm     #23
Jerzee64
Master Sweeper

yep

"Age is strictly a case of the mind over matter... If you don't mind, it doesn't matter!"
  Old  May 3rd, 2012, 12:09am     #24
bigskwinner
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfisterfarm View Post
I use the roboform program, I save everything to it, even the tweets
I have timed it with tribute.ca and I can enter ten of those sweeps in one minute

I don't come here to enter sweeps as I can't be bothered to take that extra step and would rather go directly to the contest then to come here

my wins 2014
MY 2016 wins
MY 2017 wins
mY 2018 Wins
you JELLY?
  Old  May 3rd, 2012, 12:43am     #25
ppammela
Gone Camping

Quote:
All my sweeps are bookmarked in FF and I open 5-10 of them in tabs. As one tab is submitting I have already clicked on the next tab to enter my info, click submit and immediately go to next tab. By the time I get to last tab, the first tab is done. Go through and click on the next 5-10 sweeps in each tab, by time I click on last tab the first tab is done loading new sweep. Rinse and repeat.
  Old  May 3rd, 2012, 2:04am     #26
bigskwinner
Grand Master Sweeper

yeah if you want a browser that pops open like the ols sweeps program does, then advant browser is one that does that (could be spelled wrong as I haven't used bookmarks for years now )

my wins 2014
MY 2016 wins
MY 2017 wins
mY 2018 Wins
you JELLY?
  Old  May 3rd, 2012, 3:22am     #27
flared0ne
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Use roboform. Or auto-fill in Chrome, or etc etc etc (a handful of alternatives exist).

Keep an .RTF document on your desktop where you cut-and-paste URLs to the sweeps you enter daily.
That way you don't have to come HERE (assuming it's up) and get distracted by forums, etc, you just click a URL (and usually click to confirm "Yes, I really do want to open this link", although if you glitched and clicked one twice, you can abort that second page-load).

Click ten or fifteen links in a row, and let the first ones finish loading while you are opening the last ones. Absolutely NO reason to sit around doing NOTHING while a page is loading -- go off and get another page ready to enter while you wait.

The NICE thing about having your own list of repeat-entry sweeps is that YOU can arrange them how you want. Alphabetical, or by date (expiration, posting, when YOU found it, etc). You can group them by what TIME of day they expire/go "new day", essentially grouping them into time zones. You can group them by "daily" and "instant", or by "open these in Chrome", or by prize types, etc.

And even better, you can put all the ones which have a "simple" entry (enter your email and click "Submit") into one group, and every sweep which has a complicated, lengthy entry into another group -- and then when you feel pushed for time, you can SKIP the complicated ones and save the aggravation of feeling rushed while trying to jump through hoops.

I usually start entering around 10:00pm, with the goal of finishing up before stuff expires (or rotates into "New Day") at local-midnight -- and I have all the Pacific Time sweeps listed last. If I'm running late, or falling asleep at the monitor, I'll skip the complicated stuff and/or lesser prizes.

But yes, I generally do ALL my daily sweeps every day.

If I enter half as often, I pretty much win half as much.
  Old  May 3rd, 2012, 4:08am     #28
lmaomostly
Master Sweeper

I enter my dailies pretty regularly. But, I'm a mom of two school age kids and daughter and wife(in all but name). There are typically one or two days a week that I don't get them done all the way through. If I'm in a hurry and there are a few that I know are more time consuming(like that Greece vacation one a while back-I really really wanted to win so took the time nearly every day for that one), I will usually skip those ones.
I usually start in the morning, I have 20 pages of dailies currently(10 on each page). I'll get through 4-8 pages and have to do other stuff. I just leave my OLS open and come back for a break later and do a few more. I usually get them all done doing that. Things have been super super hectic lately with various things going on. I was doing at least twice that last year, but like a lot of others have said, I enter those dailies for things I really want to win. I skip any trip(altho I really want to win a vacay) with an ARV over 6k for two people that doesn't include some cash, I skip any over 12k for 4 people that don't include cash. I skip trips involving surfing because there is no way I'm getting my big butt on a surf board, lol.
Every body has their own ways I think. Any entry is better than none. You won't win without at least one and one is technically all it takes. That Good Girlfriends sweeps for instance, I played it a few times, didn't really understand it and quit, even though my daughter and hubby use Head and Shoulders daily. I didn't fully understand the entry process and didn't find it enjoyable. I won a NOOK-I think it was a second chance draw because it was well after the sweeps end that I received the notification, but I know I didn't enter more than 4 times for it and wasn't sure I was doing it right then.

Good Luck OLS members!
  Old  May 3rd, 2012, 4:15am     #29
lmaomostly
Master Sweeper

PPamela, Do you by chance live in NorthWestern Ohio. I would LOVE for you to come over and Tweak me!!

Good Luck OLS members!
  Old  May 3rd, 2012, 2:18pm     #30
pfisterfarm
Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppammela View Post
As one tab is submitting I have already clicked on the next tab to enter my info, click submit and immediately go to next tab.
I see... I open multiple tabs in FF too, but I've been waiting for one to finish before closing that and starting on the next one.

Also... I hate to post this question multiple times, but no one's responded to the thread I created, and I wanted to see if there's something like Roboform Companion that's being updated. RFC works great on some sweeps, but on others it has trouble (and on those I can stop it and do a Fill Forms by hand and it goes through fine...)