Old  June 4th, 2012, 10:56pm     #1
cheap4kids
Senior Sweeper

Great way to keep track of One Time entries
I just found a great way to keep track of sweepstakes with one time entries. I haven't seen this mentioned here before, but Diigo toolbar is a great way to do it. You can create a sticky note on the web page to be remembered every time you got to the page. Example every time I enter a one time only sweepstakes I put a sticky note that has that date on it. The sticky note is obvious and not hard to miss and you can place it anywhere you wish on the screen. You can also key bind the sticky note for fast sticky notes. This is especially helpful if you enter multiple sweeps and multiple sites a day,
  Old  June 4th, 2012, 11:15pm     #2
jbird
Senior Sweeper

This is really interesting for multiple different uses -- hadn't heard of it before. Thanks for the rec!
  Old  June 6th, 2012, 6:41pm     #3
malmalomally
Junior Sweeper

Great idea! Thanks!
  Old  June 6th, 2012, 8:04pm     #4
kingmiller
Grand Master Sweeper

When you open MySweeps, other than the dailies, there is listed the others, including singles. If you open that link, you can find all the 1x entries you're made without having to do anything special. Much easier.

So Many Books; So Little Time!
  Old  June 6th, 2012, 8:05pm     #5
RockysJewel
Grand Master Sweeper

agree. Shows date and time

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingmiller View Post
When you open MySweeps, other than the dailies, there is listed the others, including singles. If you open that link, you can find all the 1x entries you're made without having to do anything special. Much easier.

I am not Rocky . I am ~JEWEL~
  Old  June 6th, 2012, 8:35pm     #6
lbdavis232
Master Sweeper

I started using the sticky notes for the 24-hour sweeps that are listed in the dailies. The note stays with the page and I can keep track of when I last entered

“Happy families are all alike; every unhappy family is unhappy in its own way.” ---Leo Tolstoy
  Old  June 6th, 2012, 8:59pm     #7
Krissee
Master Sweeper

Where to you get that toolbar?
I think it's a good idea. The problem I have with counting on MySweeps is that sometimes it, for reasons unknow to me, UNsaves...and then I don't know that I've already entered.

Sooo how do you get the toolbar you mentioned?

IF you see a Sony Spin I.D that starts with KB501, please PM me!
  Old  June 6th, 2012, 9:14pm     #8
andee506
Master Sweeper

Quote:
I don't have that. I always wished I could see what I entered on one time only.
  Old  June 12th, 2012, 8:35am     #9
sweeping
Senior Sweeper

This is a good idea. I sometimes enter from a newsletter or other source. This would help keep me from getting disqualified on the 1x only sweeps. Thanks!

Cynthia
  Old  June 12th, 2012, 9:18am     #10
calexile
Senior Sweeper

A pencil and a scrap of paper works. I may patent the idea.
  Old  June 12th, 2012, 10:30am     #11
adellag
Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheap4kids View Post
I just found a great way to keep track of sweepstakes with one time entries. I haven't seen this mentioned here before, but Diigo toolbar is a great way to do it. You can create a sticky note on the web page to be remembered every time you got to the page. Example every time I enter a one time only sweepstakes I put a sticky note that has that date on it. The sticky note is obvious and not hard to miss and you can place it anywhere you wish on the screen. You can also key bind the sticky note for fast sticky notes. This is especially helpful if you enter multiple sweeps and multiple sites a day,
Yes you are right, this is the best way to remember about one time entries. I've been doing this for years. I love Diigo for this feature!
Although, it doesn't work so well in Chrome.

Old  June 24th, 2012, 10:13am     #12
n8sense
Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetmaria View Post
Yes you are right, this is the best way to remember about one time entries. I've been doing this for years. I love Diigo for this feature!
Although, it doesn't work so well in Chrome.
Do you use Firefox?
  Old  June 24th, 2012, 10:19am     #13
adellag
Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8sense View Post
Do you use Firefox?
Trust me...I love Firefox, sooo much better than Chrome. But my computer crashed and got cracked in 2009. So, I had only enough money to buy a Dell Mini (12" at least).

It was soo slow out of the box. I used to use FF but oh my god you can't sweep at all. It's soo slow..... It drove me mad.

SO, now I use Chrome...still slow, very slow. I still have freeze ups and have to wait.
Praying for a computer win... Then it's back to living w/FF (and Diigo!)

I don't use Diigo now. I mean I downloaded but it does not load when you return the page you made a note on. NOT unless you manually click the Diigo icon. Ey...I just have to be very careful w one-times. At least it's exercising my memory! But sometimes I'm like.."Did I enter this". Can be frustratng to say the least.

Last edited by adellag; June 24th, 2012 at 10:23am. Reason: forgot to add something

Old  June 24th, 2012, 10:54am     #14
n8sense
Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetmaria View Post
Trust me...I love Firefox, sooo much better than Chrome. But my computer crashed and got cracked in 2009. So, I had only enough money to buy a Dell Mini (12" at least).

It was soo slow out of the box. I used to use FF but oh my god you can't sweep at all. It's soo slow..... It drove me mad.

SO, now I use Chrome...still slow, very slow. I still have freeze ups and have to wait.
Praying for a computer win... Then it's back to living w/FF (and Diigo!)

I don't use Diigo now. I mean I downloaded but it does not load when you return the page you made a note on. NOT unless you manually click the Diigo icon. Ey...I just have to be very careful w one-times. At least it's exercising my memory! But sometimes I'm like.."Did I enter this". Can be frustratng to say the least.
Aw that is frustrating. I am sending vibes your way for a big computer win! I use chrome but am thinking about switching to firefox. Especially now that you told us about Diigo, that's such a great tool. It is hard to remember. One thing I do when I enter a sweep is make sure I hit the like button if there is one that way if I go to a sweep and I already liked that page I know I already entered.
  Old  June 24th, 2012, 1:15pm     #15
cheap4kids
Senior Sweeper

Quote:
Some people enter from different sites or from finding sweeps online or facebook, I know myself I enter from 2 different sites, facebook. twitter and a lot of manufacturer sites, OLS is great, but it doesn't have all sweeps out there. This works for those people so that you don't end up entering the same sweep twice, because if you enter from facebook or somewhere else, you won't know once you hit OLS. And it is hard to remember every sweep.

My 2011 Wins
My 2012 Wins
My 2013 Wins
My 2014 Wins
My 2015 Wins