Old  August 19th, 2012, 9:22pm     #1
MISFIT13
Senior Sweeper

Smile New Convention Friends
I was lucky enough to meet some really nice, down~to~earth, cool people at the convention. For me, that was the best part, of course winning some good prizes would've made it even better lol Really though, making new friends is what made it worth it to be there. I would've liked to meet more OLS'rs but it ended up kind of hectic so I'll have to hope for the next convention (hoping). To all of you that I did get to meet, I'm sorry that I didn't get a chance to say good bye or exchange info with everyone. So if any of you would like to stay in touch, write here or pm me and i'll give you my info. Also, it would be great to meet any of you local to the Atlanta area. I was curious about the sweep club but heard it's breaking up ??? I'm in Atlanta often and love to get together, maybe bingo or something? If any of you are up for, let me know and we can make plans Thank You Cherrie D.

Check out my DD's art, views and comments welcome.
She did my avi. Thank You
http://www.maverickmarik.deviantart.com/gallery
Please update me on any Art, Design and Scholarship sweeps
Thank You
  Old  August 20th, 2012, 12:50am     #2
ResourcePress
Grand Master Sweeper

It's so much about meeting fellow sweepers and I met many people that were awesome! Will stay in touch with several peeps. And reconnected with a Boston sweeper that I've bumped into twice at Red Sox win events. I highly recommend attending a sweeps convention if you can.
my OLS ladies that taught this newbie how to navigate the convention!

Wishing & hoping & thinking & praying, planning & dreaming... and entering!
  Old  August 20th, 2012, 2:56pm     #3
gacarol
Senior Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MISFIT13 View Post
I was lucky enough to meet some really nice, down~to~earth, cool people at the convention. For me, that was the best part, of course winning some good prizes would've made it even better lol Really though, making new friends is what made it worth it to be there. I would've liked to meet more OLS'rs but it ended up kind of hectic so I'll have to hope for the next convention (hoping). To all of you that I did get to meet, I'm sorry that I didn't get a chance to say good bye or exchange info with everyone. So if any of you would like to stay in touch, write here or pm me and i'll give you my info. Also, it would be great to meet any of you local to the Atlanta area. I was curious about the sweep club but heard it's breaking up ??? I'm in Atlanta often and love to get together, maybe bingo or something? If any of you are up for, let me know and we can make plans Thank You Cherrie D.
Dear Misfit13,

Sorry you heard that the Atlanta Peach Sweeps Club is breaking up. I don't believe that is accurate information. The club is undergoing changes and we currently do not have a meeting location.

At the convention, I spoke with a NE Georgia sweeper who is eager to start a new club in the Cumming area that would definitely be closer to you.

Next time you are headed this way, PM me (Carol) or semtaylor (Susan); we'd love to get together with you and talk sweeps.
  Old  August 20th, 2012, 4:43pm     #4
MISFIT13
Senior Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by gacarol View Post
Dear Misfit13,

Sorry you heard that the Atlanta Peach Sweeps Club is breaking up. I don't believe that is accurate information. The club is undergoing changes and we currently do not have a meeting location.

At the convention, I spoke with a NE Georgia sweeper who is eager to start a new club in the Cumming area that would definitely be closer to you.

Next time you are headed this way, PM me (Carol) or semtaylor (Susan); we'd love to get together with you and talk sweeps.
Thank you Carol I'm glad to hear that there's really not a break up, I was going to say, figures, just when I want to know more lol I'm not really sure where Cumming is but I'll look it up. I come over from outside of Murphy NC, which is about 30 mins. from Blue Ridge GA.. I'm in Atlanta a lot to visit my daughter, she lives in midtown. I'm headed back home today but I'll definitely PM you soon. Getting together sounds great ! Thank You ResourcePress, it sounds like the OLS ladies you met took good care of you, you're a lucky guy. I also agree with you, if you haven't been to a convention yet, you have to go at least once.. This was my 1st convention and it was soo much fun ! Even if you don't win, you're happy for the people that do. The energy and excitement of the people and atmosphere will keep you going. Everyone there is friendly and helpful, you'll want to go again after the 1st one. I know that I do. I'm so glad that I got to go and meet so many wonderful people

Thank You
  Old  August 20th, 2012, 6:10pm     #5
gigi
Master Sweeper

Future Meetings...
MISFIT13, several of the founders (2000 and before - thru 2004??, we do have members that have been participants through several volunteer leaders) are exploring some options and will present these at the next meeting....the future meetings may not be always held in the same location.

Hopefully, any new leader will be voted in, if no volunteers, I will take the next few meetings until we form a strong team again.

After all, this is supposed to be sweeping and stress free.

Last edited by gigi; August 21st, 2012 at 1:17am.

http://forums.online-sweepstakes.com/images/signaturepics/sigpic7547_4.gif

Diligence is the Mother of good luck...Benjamin Franklin
  Old  August 21st, 2012, 1:49am     #6
Denice
Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MISFIT13 View Post
Nope ... I doubt strongly that it's breaking up. Someone else just needs to take over ... after 7 years, I am one tired volunteer ... even with two amazing helpers who have taken a lot off my plate, it just has gotten more challenging to manage this monthly "obligation." Time for some new blood I am going to go back to meeting with my friends and having fun.

We have too many avid sweepers ... they will continue to meet ... it will just look different.

Best way to find out when and where they are meeting is to check the CLUB portion of the forum. Hopefully whomever decides to continue on will think to post it there.

Denice . . . . Sailing into the wins . . .
  Old  August 21st, 2012, 2:11am     #7
MISFIT13
Senior Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigi View Post
MISFIT13, several of the founders (2000 and before - thru 2003, we do have members that have been participants through several volunteer leaders) are exploring some options and will present these at the next meeting....the future meetings may not be always held in the same location.

Hopefully, any new leader will be voted in, if no volunteers, I will take the next few meetings until we form a strong team again.

After all, this is supposed to be sweeping and stress free.
Thank you Gigi & to Carol for setting the record straight about the club. I had no idea that it's been around so long. I would like to attend, whenever it would be possible. I understand if it may be awhile since you all are in the middle of some changes. Please keep me updated. I'm ok with driving as long my gps gets me there lol I'll be sending a pm to Carol & Susan before my next trip over so we can get together. I'm looking forward to it already

Thank You
  Old  August 27th, 2012, 2:06am     #8
SweepyLin
Master Sweeper

Cherrie, I was disappointed we didn't get to meet at the convention. I looked around for the meeting place for the OLSers before the kick-off party but never found it - and was later told the OLS meeting never happened. I had a great time and hope you did too!

May the sweepstakes fairy visit each of you today!

Linda
  Old  August 27th, 2012, 8:23pm     #9
kbsocial
Grand Master Sweeper
Administrator
Queen Peep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweepyLin View Post
Cherrie, I was disappointed we didn't get to meet at the convention. I looked around for the meeting place for the OLSers before the kick-off party but never found it - and was later told the OLS meeting never happened. I had a great time and hope you did too!
That is untrue - the OLS Meet & Greet was held from 3-5pm on Thursday in the Savannah room as outlined in the convention handbook. We had about 40-50 people come through during that time. Sorry you couldn't find us. All the newsletters/sites were on the same floor. Hope you had a great time!
  Old  August 28th, 2012, 1:27pm     #10
RoseBC
Sweeper

I did go to all of the "sweep sites or letters" rooms - went to OLS for a little while, found out that they did not have internet in the rooms and Brent was not able to therefore communicate through the lady there.

It was Sweepsheet that did not have theirs open since weather delays kept them from arriving in time.

Hope next conventions they will make sure that they have internet access in the rooms used for the vendors and sweeps rooms - my computer worked fine in the hotel room but they could not get them to work hardly at all in the ballroom or vendor room or sweeps rooms.

Still had a great time tho!

Old  August 28th, 2012, 7:41pm     #11
kbsocial
Grand Master Sweeper
Administrator
Queen Peep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseBC View Post
I did go to all of the "sweep sites or letters" rooms - went to OLS for a little while, found out that they did not have internet in the rooms and Brent was not able to therefore communicate through the lady there.

It was Sweepsheet that did not have theirs open since weather delays kept them from arriving in time.

Hope next conventions they will make sure that they have internet access in the rooms used for the vendors and sweeps rooms - my computer worked fine in the hotel room but they could not get them to work hardly at all in the ballroom or vendor room or sweeps rooms.

Still had a great time tho!

I would be "the lady there" in the OLS room

Yes Tania & Karen were not happy that the 'net was not turned on - all of the rooms were supposed to have full internet access and those rooms also were blocked from cell access. Had a great time chatting with everyone that came through though
  Old  August 28th, 2012, 7:49pm     #12
KISSaholic4life
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbsocial View Post

Yes Tania & Karen were not happy that the 'net was not turned on - all of the rooms were supposed to have full internet access and those rooms also were blocked from cell access. Had a great time chatting with everyone that came through though

Most people left by the time I got there

~ Space For Rent ~
I can be found at Facebook - look for KISSaholic4life

Old  August 28th, 2012, 7:50pm     #13
Karen_246
Grand Master Sweeper
Senior Moderator/Editor
PITA

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbsocial View Post

So if I do a "hey lady" will ya answer to that?

Wow, no internet. Eeeeeeek.

"Once we choose HOPE, EVERYTHING is POSSIBLE" ~ Christopher Reeve
Come check out my blog, please follow if you would like. Looking to get the word out about your company, etsy shop, etc, please give me a shout as I am actively seeking sponsors for reviews and giveaways.
  Old  August 28th, 2012, 11:39pm     #14
MISFIT13
Senior Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denice View Post
Nope ... I doubt strongly that it's breaking up. Someone else just needs to take over ... after 7 years, I am one tired volunteer ... even with two amazing helpers who have taken a lot off my plate, it just has gotten more challenging to manage this monthly "obligation." Time for some new blood I am going to go back to meeting with my friends and having fun.

We have too many avid sweepers ... they will continue to meet ... it will just look different.

Best way to find out when and where they are meeting is to check the CLUB portion of the
forum. Hopefully whomever decides to continue on will think to post it there.
Hi Denice
I'm sure it's a lot of work keeping it together and organized. I imagine that you could use a break after 7 years. I hope that you'll still be attending and be able to enjoy yourself without all of the work involved
I have checked the CLUB section but I haven't seen anything posted for Atlanta for quite awhile. I've just started visiting Atlanta a lot in the last year since my daughter moved there for college. Now that I visit so often it would be great to get together with you all in the CLUB. I appreciate all of new information and hopefully I'll be able to keep up to date and meet you all soon Thank You

Thank You
  Old  August 29th, 2012, 12:09am     #15
MISFIT13
Senior Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweepyLin View Post
Hi SweepyLin
I'm sorry that we didn't get a chance meet up. I was in Atlanta early but had an appt. that took forever and got stuck in traffic so I ended up getting there right at 5 so I also missed going to the OLS room. I was happy that I got to meet a couple of very friendly OLS'rs. (forgive me, I'm bad with names, I must've tag checked a 100x lol) It would've been nice to meet more, maybe next time. I had no idea there were so many OLS'rs there. I was kind of overwhelmed being my 1st convention but I had a great time too. It was exciting and a lot of fun !
Are you local to the area? If you are, we could always meet up, if you want to just pm me

Thank You