Old  January 29th, 2012, 2:40pm     #16
kbsocial
Grand Master Sweeper
Administrator
Queen Peep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregon gal View Post
I've never been to a convention and am wondering what in the world are sweepstakes supplies? Do they sell laptops? Because that and Roboform are the only "supplies" I've ever used.

I do not do snailmail and would have no use for postcards or even stamps (pay all bills online). Enlighten me, please.

The supplies are mainly those for snailers. Lots of envelopes, postcards, etc etc are the main vendors. However all the vendors have many raffles you can enter by buying raffle tickets from them. It is eye opening for non snailers to check out all the 'snailing swag' you can use for that perfect snail entry!
  Old  January 29th, 2012, 2:50pm     #17
KISSaholic4life
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbsocial View Post

The supplies are mainly those for snailers. Lots of envelopes, postcards, etc etc are the main vendors. However all the vendors have many raffles you can enter by buying raffle tickets from them. It is eye opening for non snailers to check out all the 'snailing swag' you can use for that perfect snail entry!

The envies that vendors have for sale are great for everyday non-sweeps snail mail too!

~ Space For Rent ~
I can be found at Facebook - look for KISSaholic4life

Old  January 29th, 2012, 3:05pm     #18
gacarol
Senior Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregon gal View Post
I've never been to a convention and am wondering what in the world are sweepstakes supplies? Do they sell laptops? Because that and Roboform are the only "supplies" I've ever used.

I do not do snailmail and would have no use for postcards or even stamps (pay all bills online). Enlighten me, please.

Sweepstakes Supplies are any supplies you would use to enter sweepstakes, track sweepstakes, organize sweepstakes, visualize winning sweepstakes, attract luck, etc. Most supplies are for those who enter by mail, but sweepers are creative people and you just never know what you might find that will help you with your hobby.

They do not sell laptops, computers, etc., but have been known to give them away with their raffles along with many other electronic items.
  Old  March 4th, 2012, 11:49pm     #19
janna
Master Sweeper

Mrs
I won the trip to the convention that ols gave away last year. BEST win hands down.
  Old  March 26th, 2012, 1:18pm     #20
angelynn03
Master Sweeper

Red face
I really want to go this year but at this point I would be going alone from upstate NY. Is anyone else going from my area? Rochester, Buffalo, Syracuse, etc? It all seems a bit overwhelming to me as to what to enter before it starts, etc. I need some pointers and suggestions please... Thanks so much.

http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/539...nn03sig6kx.jpg
  Old  March 26th, 2012, 5:13pm     #21
KISSaholic4life
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelynn03 View Post
I really want to go this year but at this point I would be going alone from upstate NY. Is anyone else going from my area? Rochester, Buffalo, Syracuse, etc? It all seems a bit overwhelming to me as to what to enter before it starts, etc. I need some pointers and suggestions please... Thanks so much.

Go with the attitude of havin' fun meetin' sweepers from around the country. We're all gatherin' for lotsa fun, friends and prizes! You may not know anyone before the convention but you will make lastin' friendships by the time the convention is over.

Don't need to buy all your raffle drawin' tickets right now - you either buy a few at a time or just wait til you get to the convention and buy them. The bonus of buyin' them online before the convention is you will also be entered in special drawings for buyin' tickets online.

Most vendors also have raffles. Their prizes range from sweepin' supplies to electronics and everything inbetween. You can buy tickets for the vendor raffles durin' the breaks while at the convention.

~ Space For Rent ~
I can be found at Facebook - look for KISSaholic4life

Old  April 4th, 2012, 2:41am     #22
swampfox28
Master Sweeper

Oh, gee - I could actually go to this one if it's not right when my kids start school. It's not that Atlanta is close, but I'd have a place to stay roughly 2 hrs away. Maybe could swing hotel for a night or two... EEP!

Old  April 4th, 2012, 7:26pm     #23
ResourcePress
Grand Master Sweeper

Wondering about the word "party" for the convention kickoff. Is it a meet & greet with mingling or are there scheduled events that last for three hours?

Convention Kickoff Party from 6-9 PM on Thursday
http://atlantaga2012.com/Schedule.html

Wishing & hoping & thinking & praying, planning & dreaming... and entering!
  Old  April 11th, 2012, 8:26pm     #24
swampfox28
Master Sweeper

I so want to go!!! (Is OLS having a sweep to win a trip to the convention??)

Old  June 24th, 2012, 3:36pm     #25
TaniaNH
Sweeper

We are planning a party with food and prizes along with some fun!

Check out our new schedule with clickable links and more information regarding convention events. We will try to keep adding information so that everyone can be fully informed of expectations during the convention.

http://atlantaga2012.com/Schedule.html