Old  April 12th, 2019, 10:22am     #1
bomar97 is online now
bomar97
Grand Master Sweeper
 
bomar97's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 22,499
Location: Fenced out peeking in
Is Google going downhill?
So I have a sweeps I can't do because Google gives me a warning, though apparently many others can enter.. now my UPS delivery info can't come up because of this warning..

I don't see any way around it...

This is what I get:

Your connection is not private
Attackers might be trying to steal your information from wwwapps.ups.com (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards). Learn more
NET::ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID

Help improve Safe Browsing by sending some system information and page content to Google. Privacy policy
wwwapps.ups.com normally uses encryption to protect your information. When Google Chrome tried to connect to wwwapps.ups.com this time, the website sent back unusual and incorrect credentials. This may happen when an attacker is trying to pretend to be wwwapps.ups.com, or a Wi-Fi sign-in screen has interrupted the connection. Your information is still secure because Google Chrome stopped the connection before any data was exchanged.

You cannot visit wwwapps.ups.com right now because the website uses HSTS. Network errors and attacks are usually temporary, so this page will probably work later.

Lights went dark.... ..... ......
Reply With Quote
  Old  April 12th, 2019, 11:45am     #2
plazamama is offline
plazamama
Senior Master Sweeper
 
plazamama's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 8,998
Location: Shenandoah Valley
If you're saying others are not getting the warning, could it possibly be a virus?
BTW, I'm not a tech person.
Reply With Quote
  Old  April 12th, 2019, 12:22pm     #3
bomar97 is online now
bomar97
Grand Master Sweeper
 
bomar97's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 22,499
Location: Fenced out peeking in
Quote:
Originally Posted by plazamama View Post
If you're saying others are not getting the warning, could it possibly be a virus?
BTW, I'm not a tech person.
I don't think a virus.. normally it's just that a certificate is out of date.. UPS now comes up fine.. the sweepstakes doesn't. The sponsor doesn't reply to my question on FB.

I used to be able to go around this.. if it listed as the certificate as expired, I knew they would eventually fix it and it wasn't an issue and tell them to go to the website anyway...

Now I don't have that option.

Lights went dark.... ..... ......
Reply With Quote
  Old  April 12th, 2019, 1:31pm     #4
coljim is offline
coljim
Grand Master Sweeper
 
coljim's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 11,076
Location: Las Vegas
I suggest that you try another browser. This helps sometimes.

My 2019 Wins
Reply With Quote
  Old  April 12th, 2019, 3:00pm     #5
fullhart is offline
fullhart
Master Sweeper
 
fullhart's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2002
Posts: 1,729
Location: Kokomo, IN
I have both Chrome and Firefox open. Some contests only work on certain browsers.

Larry
Reply With Quote
  Old  April 12th, 2019, 6:09pm     #6
bomar97 is online now
bomar97
Grand Master Sweeper
 
bomar97's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 22,499
Location: Fenced out peeking in
Quote:
Originally Posted by coljim View Post
I suggest that you try another browser. This helps sometimes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullhart View Post
I have both Chrome and Firefox open. Some contests only work on certain browsers.
I should try that sweeps in FF.. I did go there to do the UPS when I couldn't in Chrome.. but as I said, it worked in Chrome a little later on.. I'll have to find that sweeps and try it in Firefox just to get an entry!

Lights went dark.... ..... ......
Reply With Quote
  Old  April 12th, 2019, 6:13pm     #7
bomar97 is online now
bomar97
Grand Master Sweeper
 
bomar97's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 22,499
Location: Fenced out peeking in
Same in Firefox.. maybe others are bypassing it, which I can do in Firefox...


Websites prove their identity via certificates. Firefox does not trust this site because it uses a certificate that is not valid for cloud.email.enjoylifefoods.com. The certificate is only valid for the following names: *.s10.exacttarget.com, s10.exacttarget.com Error code: SSL_ERROR_BAD_CERT_DOMAIN

Lights went dark.... ..... ......
Reply With Quote
  Old  April 23rd, 2019, 10:45pm     #8
seawind is offline
seawind
Master Sweeper
 
seawind's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 1,622
This is not a problem with Google, your Google Chrome web browser is working as it is designed to work. Google was mentioned because you were using the Google Chrome browser when you tried Firefox, Firefox was mentioned. Your browser is warning you that the website you are on is not secure. Websites use SSL certificates to decrypt information you submit via forms. Information like emails, passwords, addresses, credit card numbers, etc, are all decrypted via an SSL certificate. That warning is telling you that any information submitted on that page is not secure and a hacker could easily intercept it. As long as you aren't submitting private information like credit cards, passwords, SSN, etc, you are probably fine. When you see that message before visiting a webpage just make sure you don't submit any information you wouldn't want the public to see.
Reply With Quote
  Old  April 23rd, 2019, 11:21pm     #9
bomar97 is online now
bomar97
Grand Master Sweeper
 
bomar97's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 22,499
Location: Fenced out peeking in
Quote:
Originally Posted by seawind View Post
This is not a problem with Google, your Google Chrome web browser is working as it is designed to work. Google was mentioned because you were using the Google Chrome browser when you tried Firefox, Firefox was mentioned. Your browser is warning you that the website you are on is not secure. Websites use SSL certificates to decrypt information you submit via forms. Information like emails, passwords, addresses, credit card numbers, etc, are all decrypted via an SSL certificate. That warning is telling you that any information submitted on that page is not secure and a hacker could easily intercept it. As long as you aren't submitting private information like credit cards, passwords, SSN, etc, you are probably fine. When you see that message before visiting a webpage just make sure you don't submit any information you wouldn't want the public to see.
I donít have the choice of proceeding on chrome like I used to.

Lights went dark.... ..... ......
Reply With Quote
  Old  April 24th, 2019, 12:19am     #10
seawind is offline
seawind
Master Sweeper
 
seawind's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 1,622
Can you pm or post a link you are having the problem with? If it is happening on a lot of sites I believe you may have another issue causing it. On your device is the date and time of your clock correct?
Reply With Quote
  Old  April 24th, 2019, 9:26am     #11
bomar97 is online now
bomar97
Grand Master Sweeper
 
bomar97's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 22,499
Location: Fenced out peeking in
Quote:
Originally Posted by seawind View Post
Can you pm or post a link you are having the problem with? If it is happening on a lot of sites I believe you may have another issue causing it. On your device is the date and time of your clock correct?
The sweeps I had issues with is over.. time and date are correct.. UPS started working not too long afterwards.. hubby had an issue with something on his computer and I had the same problem on mine, he waited an hour and it was back up.

I know sometimes the certificate dates on sites expire and normally google lets me go in under "advanced" and "at my own risk" but I know it's just a certificate that expired.. with the sweeps I was trying to enter, there was no option of going in. No one answered on their FB page, so I didn't get an entry.

Lights went dark.... ..... ......
Reply With Quote
  Old  April 24th, 2019, 9:50am     #12
seawind is offline
seawind
Master Sweeper
 
seawind's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 1,622
Interesting, I've never seen one you couldn't bypass. You said they started working about an hour later. My guess is the host/provider went down for about an hour.... At least it is working now! Happy sweeping!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 7:09pm.