Old  August 11th, 2018, 7:54am     #1
cookiegirl123
Senior Sweeper

Facebook News Feed problem
I can't seem to get anyone to understand what I am talking about so I thought I would give it a try here. Yesterday, when I went on Facebook, the posts in my News Feed only displayed one newish post and all the rest of them were several days old. I always have tons of posts because I follow a bunch of companies. However, they were all 5 days or older besides the first one. This happens on both phone and computer. It looked like this:

1. Post from 15 hours ago
2. Post from 5 days ago
3. Post from 6 days ago

Instead of this:

1. Post from 6 minutes ago
2. Post from 13 minutes ago
3. Post from 25 minutes ago

I have tried the following:

1. Logging in and out of Facebook
2. Deleting cookies
3. Changing browsers on computer and making sure they were all up to date
4. Trying it on a co-worker's computer that I never use, my mom's computer, 3 different laptops, phone and iPad
5. Deleting the app on my phone and reinstalling
6. Contacting FB to get a canned response that said thank you for reporting.
7. Changing the News Feed from Top Stories to Most Recent (this doesn't change a thing).
8. Refreshing the page over and over while I am on it (this also doesn't change anything).

I have made no changes AT ALL to FB. It just stopped working overnight. This is very exasperating because 100% of the contests that I enter and win are on FB. I can't see anything new so I cannot enter any contests. I am a member of several groups and I will get the notifications but it won't show up in my News Feed.

Has anyone else had this happen? I thought it was just a glitch and it would clear up on its own but here we are on day 2 and it still doesn't work. Thanks for your help!
  Old  August 11th, 2018, 8:13am     #2
Urlik
Master Sweeper

http://forums.online-sweepstakes.com....php?t=1412050

My 2018 Wins
  Old  August 11th, 2018, 8:42am     #3
cookiegirl123
Senior Sweeper

I've done this and it did not make any difference at all. I liked a bunch of things yesterday and it still tells me today that my most recent news story was from 17 hours ago and then August 5th.
  Old  August 11th, 2018, 9:27am     #4
Ashook
Senior Master Sweeper

I have had the same issue for months..guess it's their new algorithm ..someone has a baby and I won't see it for a week I just go to my 'regulars' walls daily...I also stopped hitting like etc. and just comment...it feeds off of that..

Old  August 11th, 2018, 12:31pm     #5
cookiegirl123
Senior Sweeper

It's just annoying the heck out of me. I don't have "friends" on FB and I don't post on there. I use it exclusively for entering contests and now that seems to be screwed up.
  Old  August 11th, 2018, 12:50pm     #6
bomar97
Grand Master Sweeper

I've been upset with this too. I see a post for something special one day but it comes up 3 days later.

You can't put everything on "see first" I also have my relatives on "see first" and even they don't come up all the time!

Earn cash back while shopping with ebates - my referral https://www.ebates.com/r/BOMER92
  Old  August 11th, 2018, 9:36pm     #7
gerwood
Master Sweeper

next to "News Feed", there are 3 horizontal dots. click on that and you have 2 choices, top stories and most recent. your FB is probably on top stories so change it to most recent.

there is also a way to get FB to put the most recent stories in your news feed. type this in:

https://www.facebook.com/?sk=h_chr
  Old  August 12th, 2018, 8:39am     #8
cookiegirl123
Senior Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerwood View Post
next to "News Feed", there are 3 horizontal dots. click on that and you have 2 choices, top stories and most recent. your FB is probably on top stories so change it to most recent.

there is also a way to get FB to put the most recent stories in your news feed. type this in:

Unfortunately, this does not make any changes whatsoever to what is displayed. The same old stories come up with either choice selected. This morning, my most recent story was from August 9th.
  Old  August 12th, 2018, 11:43am     #9
bomar97
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerwood View Post

I did that before.. and see it's been changed back to what apparently FB wants!

I'll try again...

Earn cash back while shopping with ebates - my referral https://www.ebates.com/r/BOMER92
  Old  August 12th, 2018, 3:38pm     #10
gerwood
Master Sweeper

Facebook will change it back all the time.

If you copy & paste the string, it will go to "most recent"
  Old  August 17th, 2018, 6:54pm     #11
GTBuzz
Grand Master Sweeper
Princess Yellow Jacket

FB is getting very annoying with this. I have tried liking other friends posts (the ones I don't see as much) but it isn't helping. I have seen the same post(s) for 3 days now. I regularly change it to most recent and it changes back. Now when I watch a video it stops in the middle to show me an ad. Sooo....facebook is not my friend right now.

LipSense & SeneGence beauty, OLS members get free shipping. PM for details.
Buzz's Trade List