Old  June 24th, 2011, 6:34pm     #1
Siobhan
Senior Sweeper

Gifting OLS Membership Question
Hi, I have a friend who is interested in starting sweeping and I would like to gift her a subscription to get her started. Is there a way to do this when they aren't already a member of OLS? The "gift" option requires an OLS user name. I guess the way around this is to have her sign up for a non-premium and then "upgrade" her but I'm wondering if there's a more direct way?

Thanks for any help!
  Old  June 25th, 2011, 9:26am     #2
HistoryMystery
Grand Master Sweeper

They have to have a username. Your username is the same forever and always, whether you are premium or not. So they just need to sign up, then you can gift them with a membership!
  Old  June 26th, 2011, 1:20am     #3
Siobhan
Senior Sweeper

Thanks! That's what I'll do then.
  Old  June 26th, 2011, 6:52am     #4
tiglesia
Master Sweeper

Yes have them sign up first and then upgrade them!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
Hi, I have a friend who is interested in starting sweeping and I would like to gift her a subscription to get her started. Is there a way to do this when they aren't already a member of OLS? The "gift" option requires an OLS user name. I guess the way around this is to have her sign up for a non-premium and then "upgrade" her but I'm wondering if there's a more direct way?

Thanks for any help!
You have a very lucky friend!

I wish my friends would have picked up on the (not so) subtle hints this year when my birthday rolled around! This is the first year since I joined that I am not green!

http://www.irazoo.com/ReferedNewUser...c8tbaaDxAPgQ== <-- New search engine, Amazon gift cert fulfilled instantly!
http://swagbucks.prodege.com/?cmd=sb-register&rb=34198 <---Want SWAG? Join Here!
Great Giveaways on Ascending Butterfly!