Old  November 2nd, 2019, 7:37pm     #1
bomar97
Grand Master Sweeper

Salmon from Sam's Club
Ugh!! We've been buying the fresh ( vacuum sealed) salmon there for over 4 years.. the packaging changed ( apparently a new supplier ).. and it didn't seem the same..

Well, the last two portions I had in the freezer were tossed out!! The smell was horrendous!

Apparently something is in them ( didn't smell fishy at all ) it was a strange smell.. and I couldn't take it! That's saying a lot since I have a bad nose for food smells.. used to make sandwiches with cold cuts my mom would throw out while I was eating my sandwich saying the meats were bad!!

Now I can't get the smell out of my nose! No salmon dinner like I had planned.. not much food in the house with both of us been sick for the past week and stuck in..

I looked at Sam's site and reviews and see many others saying the same thing about a funky odor with the fish.

The only other place we buy fish from ( local grocery ) I hate buying from because the fish always smells fishy.. like it's a little old. But I can put up with that over this other odor!

Lights went dark.... ..... ......
  Old  November 2nd, 2019, 9:01pm     #2
d7dot
Gone Camping

Sorry that you had to throw food out. The only way I really like salmon is in salmon patties like my Mom used to make.
  Old  January 14th, 2020, 2:40pm     #3
Michael Mason
Junior Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomar97 View Post
Ugh!! We've been buying the fresh ( vacuum sealed) salmon there for over 4 years.. the packaging changed ( apparently a new supplier ).. and it didn't seem the same..

Well, the last two portions I had in the freezer were tossed out!! The smell was horrendous!

Apparently something is in them ( didn't smell fishy at all ) it was a strange smell.. and I couldn't take it! That's saying a lot since I have a bad nose for food smells.. used to make sandwiches with cold cuts my mom would throw out while I was eating my sandwich saying the meats were bad!!

Now I can't get the smell out of my nose! No salmon dinner like I had planned.. not much food in the house with both of us been sick for the past week and stuck in..

I looked at Sam's site and reviews and see many others saying the same thing about cbd vape a funky odor with the fish.

The only other place we buy fish from ( local grocery ) I hate buying from because the fish always smells fishy.. like it's a little old. But I can put up with that over this other odor!
It's a big pity....