Old  September 6th, 2010, 3:58am     #1
thealfa
Senior Sweeper

"blog" sweeps question
is just leaving a comment enough to get in for a chance to win? I've always done this for "blog" sweeps but no wins so far. Is this an invalid form of entry? Do I really have to be blogging or be a blogger to win such sweepstakes?
  Old  September 6th, 2010, 4:22am     #2
krystal82107
Junior Sweeper

Read the rules for the blog you are entering. Just leaving a comment saying something like "I want to win" isn't usually a valid entry. I will usually ask for my readers to visit the sponsors website and comment telling me what they would like to win.

You don't have to be a blogger. You would need to leave your e-mail, so the host of the sweepstakes can contact you.
  Old  September 6th, 2010, 4:23am     #3
antennaball
Master Sweeper

just read the main or required entry very carefully. For most blogs it is OK to do just that one entry. Make sure the owner can get a hold of you. If it is a wordpress form then you should be OK because you had to enter a field with your email. If you have a blogger form, make sure you include your email in it, preferred as name at email dot com to avoid spam

"tenna follows back https://twitter.com/#!/left_the_stars
America - What Time Is Love?!
Got Klout? Me too! http://klout.com/#/left_the_stars I give back within 24 hours
  Old  September 6th, 2010, 4:25am     #4
antennaball
Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by krystal82107 View Post
Read the rules for the blog you are entering. Just leaving a comment saying something like "I want to win" isn't usually a valid entry. I will usually ask for my readers to visit the sponsors website and comment telling me what they would like to win.

You don't have to be a blogger. You would need to leave your e-mail, so the host of the sweepstakes can contact you.
yes, if it asks you to visit sponsor site, go there and pick or find out what you learned. Every blog is different - so paying attention to requirements is key.

And yes, I have won a few from just one entry so far

Got Klout? Me too! http://klout.com/#/left_the_stars I give back within 24 hours
  Old  September 6th, 2010, 5:57am     #5
alycep06
Master Sweeper

I have won several with just a comment

ap
  Old  September 7th, 2010, 3:08am     #6
thealfa
Senior Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by alycep06 View Post
I have won several with just a comment
wow. I never read the rules, I just post a comment as I thought that was what a "blog" contest entry would ever need. So far no wins...
  Old  September 7th, 2010, 3:42am     #7
tiglesia
Master Sweeper

Thumbs up It's like the lotto, you've gotta be in it to win it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by thealfa View Post
is just leaving a comment enough to get in for a chance to win? I've always done this for "blog" sweeps but no wins so far. Is this an invalid form of entry? Do I really have to be blogging or be a blogger to win such sweepstakes?
I have a blog, and I've had many winners win on just one comment because most of us use the randomizer, and it doesn't care how many comments you make, you just gotta be in it to win it, the main comment is enough to snag a win! Having a blog does not increase your chances.

And just because I am a blogger, I still like to win, and I still like sweeps I enter blog giveaways, and I don't blog them, I just enter them usually and I still win. I actually won a neat one this week and I didn't blog about it.

Definitely make sure your 'main entry' follows the instructions carefully. I will try to reach someone if they leave an email and missed something, but it is true that if the same person seems to not follow the instructions from giveaway to giveaway (especially since mine are usually structured the same way) I will just disqualify the entry. I've thankfully only had to ban one person from my site, but yes it does happen, but usually getting banned from a site pens from more than just not following entry rules, it's usually something WAY bigger!

Remember, blog sweeps are like any other, persistence and patience and you will experience a win! Not to mention, odds really are better, so don't give up!

http://www.irazoo.com/ReferedNewUser...c8tbaaDxAPgQ== <-- New search engine, Amazon gift cert fulfilled instantly!
http://swagbucks.prodege.com/?cmd=sb-register&rb=34198 <---Want SWAG? Join Here!
Great Giveaways on Ascending Butterfly!
  Old  September 7th, 2010, 3:45am     #8
tiglesia
Master Sweeper

Arrow Most Definitely Read the Rules!
Quote:
wow. I never read the rules, I just post a comment as I thought that was what a "blog" contest entry would ever need. So far no wins...
You can't just post a random comment on most blog giveaways!

Mine are structured to have all entrants visit the sponsor and pick another item other than the review or giveaway item and post a link to it. No link in the comment means no entry. But again, I do try to let people know and not just automatically disqualify, I try to give the entrant the benefit of the doubt and let them correct it if they missed a step.

http://www.irazoo.com/ReferedNewUser...c8tbaaDxAPgQ== <-- New search engine, Amazon gift cert fulfilled instantly!
http://swagbucks.prodege.com/?cmd=sb-register&rb=34198 <---Want SWAG? Join Here!
  Old  September 7th, 2010, 3:46am     #9
tiglesia
Master Sweeper

Great Advice!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZESTY View Post
IT ONLY TAKES ONE COMMENT TO WIN!
However, the more entries you have the better your chance.

Be sure to make your first comment the Required Comment! If they say visit the sponsors site & comment back & say and iten you like. Read the directions & leave that first Comment by the rules.

I have seen many blog owners not only delete comments like: enter me, I want to win..ect....but even band people for not following the rules Repeatedly!
The will give you the benefit of the doubt the first time or two thinking your a newbie.but after that it just piss's them off!

If you Get an Gmail toolbar, gmail/email account, create your own little blog with the premade template, ect.

all using the same user name.......then getting extra entries is easy.just click to follow & subscribe in reader..ect.

It's sound hard but it's not!
Once you got it all set up(which does not take long) from there it is simple to get more entries.

If you just want to enter once.....like I said...it only takes 1 entry to have a chance to win.
It's up to you!
Zesty you've got it down!

Old  September 7th, 2010, 5:12am     #10
antennaball
Master Sweeper

Quote:

I had so many :roll eyes: moments when I read the posts above me in a giveaway what just said *enter me* or *good prize* or like our fellow blog thread troll buddyspa would say *screw blogs*

if you aren't really into the blog thing and don't care about extra entries just read the required entry, that's all what it takes.
But if you pay a little closer attention you will find out that investing into twitter or facebook will multiply your chances

Old  September 15th, 2010, 1:36am     #11
JenReg
Sweeper

You definitely need to read the rules - the first comment is important. Most blogs will delete your comment if you just say "nice prize" or "enter me". Unless they say "leave any comment", something else is usually required (and is pretty simple).

Eighty MPH Mom
  Old  September 15th, 2010, 8:07am     #12
LadyCat
Grand Master Sweeper

when i enter a blog- i enter a few- anyhoo i try to do as the rules state visit a site comment/ leave link etc but i have seen many win with the enter me. nice prize/ etc comment - seems unfair to those that do as the blog owner asks -just my 2 cents here
  Old  September 15th, 2010, 8:22am     #13
bucbratt
Senior Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyCat View Post
when i enter a blog- i enter a few- anyhoo i try to do as the rules state visit a site comment/ leave link etc but i have seen many win with the enter me. nice prize/ etc comment - seems unfair to those that do as the blog owner asks -just my 2 cents here
I have a blog and I delete or do not count the ones that say that...and there are always a few that do! Don't worry, they aren't winning!

It is better to have loved and lost, than...to live with a Psycho for the rest of your life!.
  Old  September 15th, 2010, 12:18pm     #14
buddyspa
Senior Sweeper

Unhappy Troll?
Quote:
Originally Posted by antennaball View Post
I had so many :roll eyes: moments when I read the posts above me in a giveaway what just said *enter me* or *good prize* or like our fellow blog thread troll buddyspa would say *screw blogs*

if you aren't really into the blog thing and don't care about extra entries just read the required entry, that's all what it takes.
But if you pay a little closer attention you will find out that investing into twitter or facebook will multiply your chances
I didn't realize that voicing a point of view in this forum would result in being characterized as a "TROLL". I think antennaball confused my attitudes with regard to blogs with some other poster. "Screw" is not in my lexicon of usage.

Last edited by buddyspa; September 15th, 2010 at 12:22pm. Reason: Mistake
  Old  September 16th, 2010, 8:59pm     #15
JenReg
Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyCat View Post
Nope - they won't win on my blog this way either. Unless I happen to say "leave any comment at all", they won't win. Most blog owners will disqualify those that do this.

Eighty MPH Mom