Old  August 11th, 2018, 7:25pm     #1
kbsocial
Grand Master Sweeper
Administrator
Queen Peep

2019 Convention Hotel
The Official Hotel for the 30th Annual National Sweepstakes Convention is the Town & Country Resort located in the heart of San Diego's Mission Valley!

All information regarding booking your room can be found here!

Quote:
Room Rates:

​Garden Rooms - $149 for Single or Double Occupancy, $159 for Triple Occupancy, and $169 for Quad Occupancy.

​Regency Tower Rooms - $149 for Single or Double Occupancy, $159 for Triple Occupancy, and $169 for Quad Occupancy.

Royal Palm Tower Rooms - $189 for Single or Double Occupancy, $199 for Triple Occupancy, and $209 for Quad Occupancy.

Please help support the convention by staying at the convention hotel so that we are able to meet the number of guest rooms guaranteed in our contract.

By staying at the convention hotel, you will be rewarded by being close to all the daily activities, plus there will be a prize drawing for all guests staying at the Town and Country. The prize will be a certificate that can be used to pay for one of your nights at the hotel. It is planned that we will give away as many as 25 of these one night certificates.

There is a Hotel Services Fee that is normally $16 per day for hotel guests, but has been reduced to $5 per day for our convention attendees. This fee covers the following:

Guest Room Wi-Fi

Unlimited access to the Fitness Center

Hotel Shuttle Service to Riverwalk Golf Club, Fashion Valley Shopping Center, Old Town Mission Valley Shopping Center, and Hazard Shopping Center.

Guest Room Local Calls, and 1-800 calls

Coffee in your guest room, and morning coffee in the Hotel Lobby 5am-9am

USA Today in the Hotel Lobby and Dining Outlets

Computer Access in the Hotel Lobby for printing airline boarding passes

​In addition, our convention attendees receive Discounted Daily Parking.

You may make your guest room reservations by calling the hotel reservation department at 800-772-8527, Option 2, and reference the National Sweepstakes 30th Annual Convention room block. A reservation agent will then be able to assist.

You can also make your reservation online by clicking here
​​

Old  August 11th, 2018, 7:49pm     #2
kbsocial
Grand Master Sweeper
Administrator
Queen Peep

Just booked my hotel!! It'll be my first tme to San Diego
  Old  December 6th, 2018, 7:25pm     #3
brenda
Sweeper

transportation
is there a shuttle from the airport? Im hoping not to drive, to keep costs down.

Brenda

Old  December 6th, 2018, 7:52pm     #4
kbsocial
Grand Master Sweeper
Administrator
Queen Peep

Quote:
Originally Posted by brenda View Post
is there a shuttle from the airport? Im hoping not to drive, to keep costs down.
I'm sure Steve will chime in with details but on their website it says (which makes me think they do not offer an airport shuttle):

https://www.towncountry.com/hotel/policies

Preferred guest pricing on Super Shuttle airport transportation
  Old  December 6th, 2018, 8:29pm     #5
brenda
Sweeper

airlines
thanks for the info. LOL sorry I need to ask another one. Do you have any experience in flights? I'm having a panic attack. do I use a service or book direct. I swear when I leave a sight and come back the price goes up. I haven't been on a plane for over 10 years. My last convention was in mpls and i was able to drive. I do so want to go this next year.

Brenda

Old  December 7th, 2018, 7:19am     #6
dogbuddy57
Master Sweeper
Founding Member

Brenda.....you need to clear history/cache before you check airline fares again. And do it every time you check fares if you check them repeatedly. They do know (unless you clear everything) that you're interested in a fare, and the price will go up. So if you clear it....they have no idea if you've checked before and you tend to get the best rates.
BTW I'm not just making it up - it's been in news articles that that's how it works.
  Old  December 19th, 2018, 10:27am     #7
sdadolf
Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbsocial View Post
I'm sure Steve will chime in with details but on their website it says (which makes me think they do not offer an airport shuttle):

https://www.towncountry.com/hotel/policies

Preferred guest pricing on Super Shuttle airport transportation

Sorry, but the hotel does not offer a shuttle.

There are the usual pay for shuttles, taxis, UBER, etc.