Old  August 23rd, 2020, 2:16pm     #1
Curr4001
Master Sweeper

Something new with Rooboform?
Seems like I have to wait a very long time before I can get Roboform to fill the blanks. There is a little green Roboform symbol at the right of the form and it won't fill until that symbol is showing. It's really slowing me down.
  Old  August 23rd, 2020, 2:41pm     #2
dragsweep
Senior Sweeper

I'm seeing the same thing. It seems inconsistent with sites. I think it might be the pages with a lot of ads on them, and Robo won't let you try to fill in until the whole page (including ads) are loaded.

What I've started doing in opening a few sweeps at a time, in different tabs, and then going back to them once they're loaded & Roboform has caught up. That way I can keep moving forward, even if Robo is slowing me down.
  Old  August 23rd, 2020, 5:36pm     #3
Curr4001
Master Sweeper

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one. I was beginning to think it had something to do with my browser.
  Old  August 24th, 2020, 12:44am     #4
sdadolf
Master Sweeper

I've also noted that Roboform is no longer filling in birthdates where it used to.

I'm sure if I asked them about this they will tell me that it is due to some coding change in the Browser (Chrome, Edge, etc) that is causing this, but I would hope that Roboform will modify their code to handle it.
  Old  August 24th, 2020, 9:09am     #5
bomar97
Grand Master Sweeper

I dumped robo a while back. It forced me to "upgrade" - wouldn't let me use the one I'd been using - then it didn't populate any of my passwords and I couldn't find them.. they were in my computer, but hidden by robo! The newer robo didn't work with the older one!!

So I dumped it .. I want something I can rely on and that doesn't lose my info!

Lights went dark.... ..... ......
  Old  August 24th, 2020, 2:38pm     #6
bayjay
Senior Sweeper

I thought it was just my old computer acting up. I was just in my Roboform Logins to see if I could delete any, but only dropped a couple of them. I also took the logins feature off the toolbar in Firefox. Didn't help.

I won't open more than 5 tabs on most things. Let them load. Fill all the forms, then submit. It's getting rather annoying. I can enter much faster on my phone using Chrome and autofill, but I hate doing it on that little screen. Plus, Chrome won't let you block ads on the mobile browser. Try getting your entry in on Rasa Malaysia if you can even see the entry form.

Don't know why Roboform is acting this way. I've been trying to figure out how to speed it up, but have come up empty-handed. I don't know if it's a Firefox problem or not. Don't like using other browsers for sweeping because of the addons I have, but it's getting to where it's almost unusable unless you're only loading one or two at a time.
  Old  September 23rd, 2020, 1:41pm     #7
bayjay
Senior Sweeper

Because of the problems I've been having with Firefox and Roboform lately, I switched to Opera to see if that could make a difference. It's so much better in Opera. I can load 10 tabs at a time and start filling before the tabs are loaded. Roboform performs so much better. I can't believe it. It must be a Firefox thing.

I can't get all the addons I had in Firefox and the ones I do get in Opera, don't perform the same, but I'm going to keep using Opera for a while for my sweeps. I'm actually getting them all done every day. Firefox was slowing me down too much.
  Old  September 25th, 2020, 6:52am     #8
sweepermarialynn
Master Sweeper

Is anyone else having an issue using Roboform and Firefox’s Saved Passwords together now?

I have always used both interchangeably without any issues. That is because some sites work on Roboform that dont work on Firefox’s Saved Passwords, and vice versa.

Yesterday it appears that Firefox did an automatic update, and I cannot use them both at the same time anymore.

Normally, when i open up my Firefox browser, I go to Preferences, and check the “save passwords” box and that opens up my saved passwords so that they are ready to use, and allows me to also save new ones if needed. Then i go sign into Roboform.

Now yesterday, i was notified of a Firefox update, and when i go to Preferendes to open up the saved passwords site, i get this message: An extension, RoboForm Password Manager, is controlling this setting.

It is making me choose between using Roboform, or the FIrefox saved passwords. I cannot use both together anymore as I have been doing for years.

HELP, anyone else having this happen to them? I cannot be the only one using both of these features.

Thanks for any info and discussion,
Maria
  Old  September 27th, 2020, 2:48pm     #9
mcclave
Grand Master Sweeper

It's been like that in Chrome for a long time now. I use to use robo to fill and if for some reason robo didn't fill something in I could just double click on it a chrome saved info would fill it in. Not anymore.

I message them on FB about it and this was their reply February 20,2020 and it's still not working.

I think if everyone complains they might just do something about it.

Hello. As of the current RoboForm version compatibility issues arise when both RoboForm and the native Chrome AutoFill attempt to save and fill credentials. With that being said, while we cannot provide an ETA, we are continuing to work towards both the native Chrome AutoFill and RoboForm running parallel to each other.
  Old  September 28th, 2020, 10:46am     #10
sweepermarialynn
Master Sweeper

thank you mcclave for your response. i have googled and read that it was an intentional decision by Firefox to only allow one form filler to be used at a time. So therefore, Firefox has a saved passwords program called Autofill. They want you to use that one instead of Roboform. That would be fine by me, however, i find that Autofill will work on some forms that Roboform does not, and vice versa. Thats why it was great to have both open at once. It was easy peasy....if one form filler didnt work, you could just click on the other. Now thats not an option. Its too bad but i guess i either have to find another browser of just deal with it. Sweeping took a bit longer this morning and alittle more aggavating opening and closing programs.
  Old  October 5th, 2020, 4:35am     #11
mcclave
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweepermarialynn View Post
thank you mcclave for your response. i have googled and read that it was an intentional decision by Firefox to only allow one form filler to be used at a time. So therefore, Firefox has a saved passwords program called Autofill. They want you to use that one instead of Roboform. That would be fine by me, however, i find that Autofill will work on some forms that Roboform does not, and vice versa. Thats why it was great to have both open at once. It was easy peasy....if one form filler didnt work, you could just click on the other. Now thats not an option. Its too bad but i guess i either have to find another browser of just deal with it. Sweeping took a bit longer this morning and alittle more aggavating opening and closing programs.
Same in Chrome! If Robo didn't fill it I would just double click on the space and Google would fill it. I miss that! I'm filling things by hand now.

Whenever I have a question about Robo I send them a message here they are pretty quick to answer.

https://www.facebook.com/RoboForm
  Old  October 5th, 2020, 6:31am     #12
sweepermarialynn
Master Sweeper

Well roboform did something on its own on my computer LOL and it was asking me to update it, click here, etc. etc. and then put in my email and info and it came up with nothing on it! None of my passwords transferred over! i tried all day by googling and doing this and that to try and get them all back to no avail.

So, after sweeping using this for 15 years, i deleted it once and for all

F roboform

I still have a bunch of passwords saved in Firefox, and all the other ones i dont remember i will just use the forgot password link and reset.

i have had enough. It did take me a little longer to sweep because some things aren't as easy to fill, its a few more clicks here and there and a few more typing by hand, but aside from being annoying, it wasn't all that bad and it didnt take me that much longer to do my daily routine. Just a bit more annoying. Plus it helps me shave down my list if forms are too intricate to fill out now.

Good luck to you with whatever you decide to do! I dont know why things have to be so difficult. Its filling out a form and saving a password for crying out loud!