Closed Thread

Old  October 13th, 2008, 10:01am     #1
kbsocial
Grand Master Sweeper
Administrator
Queen Peep

Happy Mini Convention Week
Just wanted to wish you all a fabulous week leadin up to THE BIG EVENT! I know it will be busy busy getting everything ready and there but then this weekend SO MUCH FUN!

Much love to everyone I know that is going! I will miss seeing you all
  Old  October 13th, 2008, 12:12pm     #2
gracepap
Grand Master Sweeper

I second that emotion! Have fun and win big!

"It's nice to be important...but it's more important to be nice"
  Old  October 13th, 2008, 12:40pm     #3
Adrianita
Senior Master Sweeper

I so wish I could go! I need a the break and fun
  Old  October 13th, 2008, 2:29pm     #4
dcreed
Master Sweeper

YOOO WOOO

I'm in PA working my way to Grantville!!!!

Cant wait!!!

Your judgment will not make the world a better place. Only love can do that. Only grace.
  Old  October 14th, 2008, 10:31am     #5
positivelift
Senior Master Sweeper

Thanks KB and ladies! KB we wish you the best with your project and will miss you very much

Carol and I are working very hard with last minute decisions and look forward to Friday! It's finally here!!!!!!

Rob's 2014 wins
  Old  October 17th, 2008, 5:13pm     #6
kbsocial
Grand Master Sweeper
Administrator
Queen Peep

Have a great weekend you guys!!!!
  Old  October 18th, 2008, 12:18am     #7
csandfs
Master Sweeper

We're off to a GREAT start!
  Old  October 18th, 2008, 6:34am     #8
obxhatteraslight
Senior Master Sweeper

Agree w/ csandfs
Day one of the mini convention flew right by!!! Lots of familiar faces from the first couple years as well as some welcomed new ones.

Was lovely seeing csandfs last night

Many wins Aimee NY

Old  October 19th, 2008, 4:59pm     #9
demmi
Master Sweeper

I meet csandfs at the convention this year and she is very nice. Also had a great time .
  Old  October 21st, 2008, 2:28am     #10
CARAN52
Master Sweeper

You missed a great time!!
I think I won't be able to move for a year......I am soooo sore from lifitng and they actually got me out on the dance floor in the Saloon Saturday night for some good old country dancing. Was good to get out and laugh again.

The weekend just flew by and once again, I wish to thank Brent for surprising us with his generous donations. We broke his cash donation into smaller prizes surprising winners with a prize anywhere from $50 up to $200 at a time. Others were surprised with one year subscriptions and Monty (Positive Lift) and Carol Merrill (CARAN52) were able to walk and meet the crowd and hand out around 100 3 month subscription cards. Was really the best way to get the two of us to stop long enough to look into the eyes of everyone. I had a blast handing them out around the room.

I know there is a slew of you looking forward to going to a 2009 one. To do the job we need to start rallying the troops. I need a committment of 200 for the hotel to make it a go. Only weekend available is the first weekend in October 2009. Rates should be similar to this years or real close. Please post affirmatives over at the Hershey forums for us, I am hoping to finally talk Brent into booking now to come and meet us there. Please tell him what a great time he is missing. I know his schedule and Nicoles schedules are hectic so I won't pounce too hard, He knows what a smile he puts on my face and I'd never be able to thank him enough for the support he always shows me in this venture.

I'm taking a couple of months off for some peace and quite (working with the hotel in the meantime) but will be positng in the newsletter as things get moving along. See you all over at TNT.
  Old  October 21st, 2008, 7:29am     #11
obxhatteraslight
Senior Master Sweeper

url
http://www.hersheyminiconvention.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARAN52 View Post
I think I won't be able to move for a year......I am soooo sore from lifitng and they actually got me out on the dance floor in the Saloon Saturday night for some good old country dancing. Was good to get out and laugh again.

The weekend just flew by and once again, I wish to thank Brent for surprising us with his generous donations. We broke his cash donation into smaller prizes surprising winners with a prize anywhere from $50 up to $200 at a time. Others were surprised with one year subscriptions and Monty (Positive Lift) and Carol Merrill (CARAN52) were able to walk and meet the crowd and hand out around 100 3 month subscription cards. Was really the best way to get the two of us to stop long enough to look into the eyes of everyone. I had a blast handing them out around the room.

I know there is a slew of you looking forward to going to a 2009 one. To do the job we need to start rallying the troops. I need a committment of 200 for the hotel to make it a go. Only weekend available is the first weekend in October 2009. Rates should be similar to this years or real close. Please post affirmatives over at the Hershey forums for us, I am hoping to finally talk Brent into booking now to come and meet us there. Please tell him what a great time he is missing. I know his schedule and Nicoles schedules are hectic so I won't pounce too hard, He knows what a smile he puts on my face and I'd never be able to thank him enough for the support he always shows me in this venture.

I'm taking a couple of months off for some peace and quite (working with the hotel in the meantime) but will be positng in the newsletter as things get moving along. See you all over at TNT.

Old  October 21st, 2008, 9:54am     #12
CARAN52
Master Sweeper

More OLS donations
Sorry Brent, I forgot to mention the four computer programs that you donated with the rest of the stuff. It was like Christmas getting and opening the box. All worked out well. You should get a lot of new customers!! And hopefully, so will I!!

Carol
  Old  October 21st, 2008, 4:44pm     #13
positivelift
Senior Master Sweeper

I would like to thank Carol and company for a great time! I know Carol put in some tremendous hours of work for all of us to enjoy the weekend and she deserves a lot of praise.

Thanks to Brent for your generous donations! I was fortunate enough to win one of the 1-year memberships to my favorite sweepstaking site OLS!

In a few days, I will be posting pictures of the mini convention on our website for all to see. Great times!

Until next time,

Monty Hall

Rob's 2014 wins
  Old  October 21st, 2008, 7:04pm     #14
CARAN52
Master Sweeper

Thanks for dressing up!!
I forgot to thank everyone for dressing up and making Monte and I's game show so much fun. It was just the ticket that I needed to get me in the mindset once again to be out and amongst all of my great sweeping friends. I laughed so hard at some of those costumes.

I definately want to repeat something like that again. We were nervous cause everyone kept their costumes a deep dark secret. Way surpassed what we ever dreamed of.

I'm still laughing. I do hope that each and every one of you won something this weekend. Sometimes it's not possible as it is the luck of the draw, but this year the prizes were plentiful thanks to you guys responding to my plea for help instead of raising the price.

See you soon.

Carol
  Old  October 22nd, 2008, 4:35pm     #15
wolflady26
Senior Sweeper

I had a great time last weekend, too! Thanks so much for the fantastic time, everyone!

And if anyone reading would like to hear about my recaps of the convention, you can find them here:

Hershey's Day 1
Hershey's Day 2
Hershey's Day 3
Herhey's Wrap-up By the Contest Queen

Visit Contests and Sweepstakes on TheBalance.com
Closed Thread