Old  January 9th, 2008, 11:09pm     #1
CARAN52
Master Sweeper

What happens at a mini convention?
A rough outline of the weekend is as follows, be sure to visit the main website for more detailed information:

Friday afternoon (early registration for those coming in early)
Friday evening - a Welcome Reception kicks off the weekend and is usually ready to go sometime after 7:00 pm. Ground rules for the weekend are discussed and you meet some of the key people of the weekend (staff, speakers, etc.) Some prizes are given away. It's a light evening to meet other attendees so that you can have new and old friends to sit with, etc, over the weekend. Last year our own OLS Positive Lift dressed as Fabio and entertained us along with others in a night of karaoke. It's kept light because of most of the attendees traveling so many hours during the day.

Saturday is a full day of everything you can think of: visiting the vendors room to purchase sweepstakes supplies; attending sessions to learn sweepstakes and sweepstakes related information; lots of door prize drawings for each of the two daily sessions; then the banquet at night with music and the drawings for the mailed in raffles, vendor raffle drawings and other door prizes)

Sunday morning - usually a low key day which in the past consisted of a Question and answer session discussing one on one with the speakers and other seasoned sweepers different things about sweepstakes. Then it breaks around noon for travel home. Did I forget to say more prize drawings too. In the past we were able to do some last minute vendor shopping in the afternoon which we will do again if the room isn't reserved for other incoming parties.

The biggest concern that we hear is that some of you don't know other sweepers. COME ANYWAY!! And let us know it is your first time!! We guarantee that you will go home with some lifelong friends for life!! Right Chris??? Right Grace??? Tell 'em.

I can still remember two years ago Rob (PositiveLift) emailing me shy about attending and not sure if he was gonna. Well look at where we have him now!!

KB and OLS has been the hit of the convention for the past two years and it's a great way to meet each other face to face.

It's a nice sized crowd where you won't feel overwhelmed. We are purposely keeping it that way. Guess that's it unless others have more to add. Hope to see you there and let us know if you have any questions. The 2008 Northeast Mini Convention team...
  Old  January 24th, 2008, 7:49pm     #2
gracepap
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARAN52 View Post
The biggest concern that we hear is that some of you don't know other sweepers. COME ANYWAY!! And let us know it is your first time!! We guarantee that you will go home with some lifelong friends for life!! Right Chris??? Right Grace??? Tell 'em.

SO true! I am normally shy and feel somewhat uncomfortable in a room full of strangers. But, I went anyway and am so glad I did! Everyone was so welcoming, and getting to hang out with OLSers and other fun people was the highlight of the year! It was tons of fun and ... oh yeah....you might win something! LOL!

If Rob can dress like Fabio...maybe Carol should consider a costume for 2008....Hmmm...

"It's nice to be important...but it's more important to be nice"
  Old  January 24th, 2008, 9:47pm     #3
obxhatteraslight
Senior Master Sweeper

Carol and Rabio or Cher???
Um Ms Grace what do you suggest? Are you thinking something in the lines of Rabio and Cher?? Stop... I`m about to fall off my couch laughing !!!!! Carol is one of the biggest hearted ppl that I know not to mention her flawless sense of humor!!! Trust me I`ve seen our fearless leader dancing up a storm to Linkin Park!! Now I have an idea.....

How about Carol and her signficant other John do Sonny and Cher.

Last edited by obxhatteraslight; January 25th, 2008 at 3:31am.

Old  January 25th, 2008, 1:58am     #4
CARAN52
Master Sweeper

And you think I wouldn't catch you two in the act?? lololol You have me just about peeing my pants just thinking about it.

You're right though, you NEVER know what I am up to. Oh, that could be one big Kodak moment there!! Cept I think John and I would make a better remember that old "country corn flakes commercial" lololol

ROB HELP!!!
  Old  January 25th, 2008, 3:31am     #5
obxhatteraslight
Senior Master Sweeper

UMMM no
Quote:
And you think I wouldn't catch you two in the act?? lololol You have me just about peeing my pants just thinking about it.

You're right though, you NEVER know what I am up to. Oh, that could be one big Kodak moment there!! Cept I think John and I would make a better remember that old "country corn flakes commercial" lololol

ROB HELP!!!
I honestly do not remember the cornflake commercial
I`ll take your word for it. HUGS

Old  January 25th, 2008, 11:58am     #6
positivelift
Senior Master Sweeper

Quote:

ROB HELP!!!

I will only help with physical security -- as in keeping all the fans off of you! LOL

I dunno, I better have my camera at the ready for this year's mini. I'd love to see a Sonny and Cher bit with Carol and John.

Rob's 2014 wins
  Old  January 25th, 2008, 2:10pm     #7
obxhatteraslight
Senior Master Sweeper

OMG I`ve got this pictured!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by positivelift View Post
I will only help with physical security -- as in keeping all the fans off of you! LOL

I dunno, I better have my camera at the ready for this year's mini. I'd love to see a Sonny and Cher bit with Carol and John.
Carol with a long black wig on doing Cher. OMG STOP!!! LOL

I was just out getting a recheck at the drs office. When Tony Orlando and Dawn came on!! Thats is Carol and I could be Dawn and Fish aka John or Mr Steven King could be Tony@!!

Old  January 25th, 2008, 11:42pm     #8
CARAN52
Master Sweeper

I was thinking more Dolly Parton....
  Old  January 26th, 2008, 4:30am     #9
mommytolili
Sweeper

I would love to come to the next Mini, thanks for the description, it makes it sound accessible for people (like me) who do not know other sweepers.

My MIL and soon-to-be-ex DH live in Harrisburg, so I can rationalize the trip to myself.
  Old  January 26th, 2008, 9:13am     #10
positivelift
Senior Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommytolili View Post
I would love to come to the next Mini, thanks for the description, it makes it sound accessible for people (like me) who do not know other sweepers.

My MIL and soon-to-be-ex DH live in Harrisburg, so I can rationalize the trip to myself.
I live in Harrisburg. The hotel is only minutes away from the Harrisburg area.

We have a lot of fun and enjoy watching each other win. Be sure to check out the website and sign-up to receive our e-mail newsletter. Once a month, I will be sending updates to subscribers of the e-newsletter.

Carol and I look forward to meeting you in October!

Rob's 2014 wins
  Old  January 26th, 2008, 10:01am     #11
obxhatteraslight
Senior Master Sweeper

Let me tell you
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommytolili View Post

I hemmed and hawed Carol to death the first mini!! Yes I certainly did. I emailed her almost daily saying that I was worried to go alone and that I didn`t know anyone else etc. Although I had been to Hershey a zillion times I had no clue what I was gonna run in to or MEET. This group of ELITE that comes to Hershey is one of a kind. Lots of OLSers!! Our own KBSocial is there and let me tell you meeting her is like touching GOLD. The same goes true for Caran52(carol) and P-Lift(Rob).

My first ever sweepstaking event was the first Hershey mini. I know that alot of ppl know this story but I`ll share it anyways. I was walking through the lobby and saw this nice gentleman with a group of OLSers, which at the time I really wasn`t aware of OLS. This nice gentleman extended a hand and a huge smile!! That was Rob... Of Course Carol and I blossomed into a really nice friendship thereafter!!

You make lifelong friends and memories at these minis!! Too much fun to miss
Hope to see you there!!!