Old  March 30th, 2008, 1:59pm     #16
obxhatteraslight
Senior Master Sweeper

R U Ready To Partay??
I think HeatherM just posted that question in order to get Carol and Aimee to reveal their ages! I mean, really, Carol is NOT 55 years old. And if she is, that's way more shocking than any "Robio/Fabio" routine.

Let me tell ya, traveling to Vegas with Carol was amazing. She isn`t any older then 29 and holding!! She can move too!! She was rocking out to Linkin Park!!

I honestly never really notice the ages of ppl at the mini it is a nice mixture of ppl that enjoy sweepstaking. To me the people are ageless as they walk the walk and talk the talk so to speak.

Old  April 11th, 2008, 1:43am     #17
csandfs
Master Sweeper

Well...I can say that I think I was probably one of the younger people at the convention this past year and it sure didn't seem to make a difference in the world to me or anyone else! I had a great time and talked to all kinds of great people of all ages! The hobby itself really just seems to bring people together and overlooks a lot of the differences--I think that aspect of it is just wonderful!
  Old  April 11th, 2008, 6:00am     #18
positivelift
Senior Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by csandfs View Post
Well...I can say that I think I was probably one of the younger people at the convention this past year and it sure didn't seem to make a difference in the world to me or anyone else! I had a great time and talked to all kinds of great people of all ages! The hobby itself really just seems to bring people together and overlooks a lot of the differences--I think that aspect of it is just wonderful!

I absolutely agree! It seems that one disregards any differences whatsoever because of this great hobby. Not everyone is fortunate enough to "get" sweeping. I hope you consider coming to this year's mini as well. Lori will be working on the Hershey Bonanza items again and since all of you ladies did a great job last year, I invite you to help again, if that is something you would be interested in.

Rob's 2014 wins
  Old  April 11th, 2008, 7:48am     #19
obxhatteraslight
Senior Master Sweeper

Might I add....
At the mini there are quite a few fellow OLSers that usually attend......

You get to meet some of the OLS family!! Its so fun

Old  April 12th, 2008, 12:42am     #20
csandfs
Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by positivelift View Post
I absolutely agree! It seems that one disregards any differences whatsoever because of this great hobby. Not everyone is fortunate enough to "get" sweeping. I hope you consider coming to this year's mini as well. Lori will be working on the Hershey Bonanza items again and since all of you ladies did a great job last year, I invite you to help again, if that is something you would be interested in.
Yes--definitely something I am willing to do again! I enjoy being involved and am definitely willing to help in any way that I can! I appreciate the hard work that you guys put into this and it is my way of paying some of it back!

And to elaborate further on the topic of the hobby and friendships therein...I am still to this day just amazed with the comraderie established in the hobby! I feel very fortunate to have to begun becoming part of that and truly consider that the biggest win of all!
  Old  April 12th, 2008, 7:16pm     #21
obxhatteraslight
Senior Master Sweeper

Me too!!
I have to chime in about the friendships part...

The ppl that I have met at the mini are wonderful. I have been in contact with several quite frequently. I have made a couple really special friends(you know who ya are)....

Quote:
Originally Posted by csandfs View Post
Yes--definitely something I am willing to do again! I enjoy being involved and am definitely willing to help in any way that I can! I appreciate the hard work that you guys put into this and it is my way of paying some of it back!

And to elaborate further on the topic of the hobby and friendships therein...I am still to this day just amazed with the comraderie established in the hobby! I feel very fortunate to have to begun becoming part of that and truly consider that the biggest win of all!